It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Phage, Internos, Chadwickus and Easynow...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Funny that you should post this thread on such a topic. I had posted the exact same topic as a reply for member IGNORETHEFACTS the other day and am still waiting for his response.

You can read my post in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey, ignorethefacts, like I stated earlier, It is day 2 and I am still waiting for your answer.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by The Coward]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am particularly interested in Phages' reply ... he almost always seems to pour sobering water on threads that really get me excited.

But I am glad ATS has members like him, and the others mentioned. Their replies are almost always intelligent, respectful and thought-provoking.
Without them, a lot of us would have a lot more egg on our faces.

I did not join ATS expecting a zealous fansite, I came expecting controversy, excellent discourse and healthy differences of opinion. These, and other members have never disappointed and have always risen to the challenge.

Long may these 'Devil's Advocates' reign!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
It was not rude or inflammatory or a personal attack.

You could have fooled me!!!

Stating that three out of the four people named in the OP's thread title are 'liars' sound not only "inflammatory", but just plain nasty as well.

Both you and questioningall have gone way down in my books.

Nevertheless I should say thank you, because if you see three of these four individuals as threatening, then they are obviously hitting the right nerve.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by mckyle]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've got to say, Im dissapointed in that no one has even mentioned the UFO chased by a police helicopter in Cardiff (or was it Newcastle?) here in the UK, the police helicopter 'attempted' to keep up with it for 10 mins or so, before admitting defeat and heading back for refueling.

Not only is there up close footage of this UFo (looks like an oil drum) but the 'official' story, sold by the papers and news was that it was a chinese lantern?!?!? A police helicopter, failed to keep up with a chinese lantern??

Internos and Easynow I always wait for a good opinon on any matter and they are flexible. I think Phage could be the most polar person to me on this forum, yet I do like his input, and the fact that he never seems to 'laugh' at an idea, he will try to explain the way he thinks (usually with a great deal of knowledge) it works.

Chadwickus is also a great fountain of knowledge, but tbh, IMO you can be a bit derogatory, even if something looks like a blatant hoax, you cannot call hoax as a fact, as you just dont know.

Either way, asking for the opinion of these members and their favourite UFO cases is a great idea, for those starting out, and those looking for a strong case to believe in, or try to explain.

S+F

EMM

Edit to add:

reply to Neformore:

Hold up..

I see two comments in this thread that I really do not like.

If this is going to be some kind of witch hunt, then forget it.

Just because someone disagres with an opinion that you hold, or has strong opinions of their own it does not make them a disninformation agent and anyone suggesting otherwise who has been here for a considerable period of time should know better that to try and insinuate that.

I read the OP of this thread as the named people being asked to provide their thoughts on the best UFO cases. I sincerely hope it stays that way.

Lol, saw that when I read the first post, crossed my mind too.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. Do you have a link to that story? I would be interested in reading that one.
Could very well be a chinese lantern though. The pilot could have been fooled by perspective.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

wow no one said liars either. You guys really like putting words in that were never there don't you? Its amazing to watch peoples feathers get ruffled when you question someone they admire. Its like watching a christian bristle up when you say something that threatens the myths of the bible.

Interesting indeed.

I have better things to do than entertain people who are continually dramatizing and misquoting statements.

This could have been a rational balanced discussion, but its obvious some people can't handle that.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The whole point of this post was to gain insight to four individuals who display a high level of considered, critical thought on a topic that is sadly plagued with religious zealots who defy even the most sound, logical, and lucid arguments.

The more I read of their arguments, the more respect I gain for them. Not just because of the logical and factual way they go about constructing their analysis, but for their stoicism in the face of such denigrating remarks as we have sadly already witnessed in this thread.

To Internos, Phage, Easynow and my fellow-countryman Chadwickus, I say thank you for brining logic and sound reasoning back into the UFO debate.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
Sounds interesting. Do you have a link to that story? I would be interested in reading that one.
Could very well be a chinese lantern though. The pilot could have been fooled by perspective.

Telegraph: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Video saying that the object wouldn't register on their cameras and that the reports that the helicopter never even gave chase:

www.youtube.com...

Yet...

www.youtube.com...

The video above, is the video that was attatched to the original article.

EMM

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
a topic that is sadly plagued with religious zealots who defy even the most sound, logical, and lucid arguments.

Is that a joke? Who are the religious zealouts you refer to and on what basis do you make such a statement? I see alot of insults flying around in this thread by people who claim to be some voice of reason.
Are you aware that christians are the minority in Ufology because it threatens their belief system? I am trying to see what you are saying, but it just seems unfounded and contrived.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The members mentioned by the OP are well respected friends of mine that have helped me to see things clearer in a number of times. There has been instances where they helped me clear out the fog, sometimes they enlightened me in a number of things. Sometimes they have helped me expand my knowledge while other times they effectively helped me in expanding my perception.

I believe the OP should have included some other members like Akezzon who replied earlier and has also gained a lot of respect through his posts. I guess there are many "celebrities" around and there is always the case a few might be missed...

Questioningall is yet another member i have come to admire. However i feel i somewhat disagree with her opinion. There has been a number of times i have been disappointed even by some of the names mentioned before. Its either because i haven't been totally convinced by their views or message or simply by the fact that i was wrong and overenthusiastic.

The point i will always keep open, agreeing with my friend questioningall is that you never know someones motives on expressing a view, so caution is always a prerequisite since it might not be a mere belief, knowledge or even fact.

So apart from the previous paragraph mentioning that caution should be exercised and that not all can be taken for granted, i would like to say that i feel privileged to have so knowledgeable, patient, perceptive and well expressed members around that dig deeply into things.

An open mind is always necessary and ATS is a magnet for open minded people.

So, be open minded all-ways.

As an ATS-friend of mine advised me long ago:

MAKE THE BEST OF IT AND TAKE WHAT YOU CAN !!!

So congratulations on all respected members mentioned + a few missed out !!!
Keep up the good work as it is an inspiration to many !

To finish up i am interested to see what the answers to the question posed by the OP will be

TAKE CARE

GTG

[edit on 22/5/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
STAFF NOTE

Could we please stop the off topic arguing and insults in the thread? We have the makings of a good discussion here and I'd hate to clutter it up with the dreaded ATS Post Deletion graphics.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Great topic.

I wasn't aware that these ATS members were so idolized. I personally have found their input interesting and sometimes educational. Having hardcore skeptics or debunkers or what ever one chooses to call them is good for ATS. It keeps me on my toes and makes me check the facts before I post something. Having read through many posts in which these members have contributed I can honestly understand why some members feel frustration and anguish. It isn't so much that the topic was "Debunked" "Derailed" or proven wrong that gets members upset. It's the way in which the topic of the thread gets derailed. Sometimes it is done quite brutally with no concern for the poster. Not everyone is trying to pull a fast one..

There have been many occasions when the topic seems very clearly "Unknown" Some of the above mentioned names will give their "Opinion" and then it's considered "case closed" Meanwhile that is just an opinion not the gospel truth. I have to remind myself that. So I fully understand why some members are frustrated.

On Topic.

I'm grateful for those that have come forward to share what they feel are the unusual cases in their opinion. I have also felt that many of the previously mentioned cases are unique and do deserve further study. I'm always looking forward to hearing their opinions and their contributions. Sorry but that's as close as I can come to Idol worship.

Great post S & F

PEACE

Slay

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Off topic, apologies.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
3 things

1. Thanks easynow for the most detailed post in this thread, what a great read

2. I'm most interested in hearing what internos has to say, reply soon!

3. I know you didn't ask me, but I've yet to find a case that entirely "stumped" me, in the sense that there is always a logical answer, sometimes for both sides. I'd say easynow's estimate of a 1-3% genuine rate is pretty spot on.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thank you Chadwickus, easynow, and neformore for a wonderful read.

I hope that phage and internos join in, though I hate to pressure them in this regard, and should they choose not to we should not interpret that action as anything more than personal choice and not as anything evasive.

Am I the only one that would also love to hear from Zorgon on this issue?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Welcome!

Nope...

You are not the only one!

As i mentioned, its hard to include everybody some may inevitably and unreasonably be missed. I guess/hope Zorgon will be around too.

EDIT: I agree with you. People shouldn't be easily drawn to conclusions.

[edit on 22/5/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I really enjoy the input of the main members listed by the OP, especially Phage as he always brings evidence to the discussion or educated points and add`s a lot to the threads. It is refreshing to have this type of input instead of the members that have been on the site for seconds shouting "Debunked" and "This is rubbish"
>SNIP< .

Mod Edit: Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 5/22/2009 by yeahright]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join