It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Phage, Internos, Chadwickus and Easynow...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The fact that I posted that does not mean that I am not an imaginative person, but the truth is that I am not really an imaginative person, with or without bad jokes.

But what I wrote, in direct answer to what was written by hermantinkly, was "intuition, imagination and creativity", and while I lack imagination I have some intuition and creativity, and there is no indication that the non-sceptics are better in these areas, I have seen many (and I am sure you also noticed that) people that just follow other people's ideas without one real show of intuition, imagination or creativity from them.

Thanks, Internos, for your kind words, I am far from what I would like to be, but at least it looks like I am in the right track.

[edit on 13/7/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thank you internos for your kind words, they mean a lot. I hope achieve so much more and help the ufology cause as much as I can.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I've always respected you and what you have to say. I can't find your post where you actually answered the OP's question with a particular case that puzzled you.

I cannot be the only one that would be intrigued to hear it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Sheesh. You guys are a tough audience.

The thing is I must have a short (or maybe selective) memory because I've been trying to recall something specific to put up here without much success. There just aren't that many.

But the current video from Mexico would be a good example of something that might puzzle me. I can't eliminate the possibility of CGI. I can't say it's balloons because the behavior is very odd but it has characteristics that suggest it could be. I can eliminate swamp gas, Venus, and sky lanterns. But I don't mind remaining puzzled. I have no problem with it remaining unidentified. My interest is not in claiming there are no UFO's. I don't believe a UFO has to be extraordinary to remain unidentified. As I said, the is often insufficient information. I try to look at each thing on its own merits (though, whenever Maussan is involved my skeptic sense starts to tingle). My interest is in looking for answers about what it could be and what it can't be. This one is so bizarre (on the surface) that there is just nothing for me to grab a hold of.

Can I go now?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DaMod

Sheesh. You guys are a tough audience.

The thing is I must have a short (or maybe selective) memory because I've been trying to recall something specific to put up here without much success. There just aren't that many.

But the current video from Mexico would be a good example of something that might puzzle me. I can't eliminate the possibility of CGI. I can't say it's balloons because the behavior is very odd but it has characteristics that suggest it could be. I can eliminate swamp gas, Venus, and sky lanterns. But I don't mind remaining puzzled. I have no problem with it remaining unidentified. My interest is not in claiming there are no UFO's. I don't believe a UFO has to be extraordinary to remain unidentified. As I said, the is often insufficient information. I try to look at each thing on its own merits (though, whenever Maussan is involved my skeptic sense starts to tingle). My interest is in looking for answers about what it could be and what it can't be. This one is so bizarre (on the surface) that there is just nothing for me to grab a hold of.

Can I go now?

That wasn't so hard was it?

"But the current video from Mexico would be a good example of something that might puzzle me."
This was exactly what I was looking for. Now I respect you even more.
Thank you Mr. "3rd Rock from the Sun".

Ps. just on a personal note to Phage, here you have a new pic for your avatar, your avatar need to smile more. =)
John Lithgow

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Bumping this thread because it presents so many TOP cases from some of the most respected and knowledgeable members. I feel it is always good to re-hash a "refresher" from time to time, especially with the influx of new members, as well a "reminder" for the older ones.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There just aren't that many.

Phage, I'd say there are quite a few unexplained UFO incidents which need to be (yet rarely are) addressed.

Given the reported facts and based on deductive reasoning, what would you say the nature of the objects involved in these incidents were?

The Lakenheath Incident (1956)

The Coyne Incident

The Tehran Incident

The RB-47 Incident

Thre Minot AFB B52 Incidnet (1968)

The Monmouth radar Incident (1951)

The Fukuoka UFO incident (1948)

The Redmond Oregon Incident

The Colares Incident

The Portage County Incident

The Alaska Flight 1628 Incident

The Exeter Puzzle Incident

The Washington Merry go round

The Chiles-Whitted Incident

The Gosford Incident

The Westhall UFO Incident

The Bariloche UFO Incident

The B-29 UFO Encounter (1952)

The Ellsworth AFB Incident (1953)

The Bethune case (1951)

The West Lothian Incident (1979)

The Texas Levelland UFO Incident(s) (1957)

The Edwards Air Force Base UFO Incident (1965)

The Kaikoura UFO Incident (1978)

The Guernsey Pilot UFO Incident (2007)

The Indian Point Nuclear Facility UFO Incident.

The Stephenville Radar UFO Incident.

The Nha Trang UFO Incident (1965)

The Little Rissington UFO Incident (1952)

The RAF Boulmer UFO Incident (1977)

The Shag Harbour Incident.

The Canon AFB Incident (1976)

The Topcliffe Incident (1952)

The Davis-Monthan AFB UFO Incident (1952)

The Pitlochry UFO Incident (1990)

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

This is a photo taken from the 60's in British Columbia. It is not a hoax, was not made up and is from a credible person who took the photo and remained all but silent all these decades for the usual reasons - ridicule.

We have a mutual friend who was kind enough to get me a copy of this photo as well as get answered questions about the incident - briefly, the ship was noiseless, did not come with other appearances before or after, was hanging around for minutes then left. It did not drop or leave anything (like a mist or spray).

Close up on the photos you can make out symbols, I don't know if they will translate into this website or not.

I posted this once before on ATS to see what kind of audience is out there - and got the usual fake, hoax, debunked from armchair "experts". They are all wrong. This is not a made up photo. I've been a researcher for forty years and know the difference.

I'd be interested in your opinions on what this could be from, not "if" it existed as that is a given based on my photos and interview with the person who took the photo decades ago.

I tried to put the photo in this screen, but can only get the external link bar to connect it.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

That link won't work. You're going to have to go to the code under the pic, and use that as the link.

If you're still out there Phage, what is your opinion on the belgian wave?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

I suppose you mean this photo.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I can understand this opinion. However I doubt if they take any offense.
I thought this was a very gracious thing to say Chadwickus. bravo!

Phage

Can I go now?

lmao

[edit on 8-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am a skeptic myself, but once in a while, a video comes along that is simply unexplainable to me.

Giving credit to Easynow and Mark Easter of Mufon from evidence they displayed in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is one example below.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This thread has been a long and time consuming piece to get through, moving away from it from time to time to rest my eyes, only to come back and have just as much as I have read added, got here in the end though.

Great thread, and some excellent answers and questions, with some fantastic reports thrown into the mix.

I do have to say though, and I am not trying to cause any offense, just my opinion, I have always found the Phage as being too blunt, to much to the point and not enough to back up why they think or believe what they do, mostly two or three lines as a response and mostly pointing to other sources for their explanations, like the opinion of Phage is not their opinion, sorry Phage it's just my opinion.

Chadwickus, again I don't think I have ever seen anything positive or conclusive when it comes to opinions of others, always to the point, but seems to always take the opposite role in almost anything they respond too,seemingly without much thought, or consideration as to the point of view of the witnesses, again just my opinion.

Easynow and Internos have always given me great pleasure in their responses, as well as the work several other members who dedicate a lot of their time to go through this information and then check again using many different sources for the information, like the work of mikesingh, very enjoyable and thought provoking stuff.

Some of the responses though do show how under appreciated the work of some are, but once an affirmed opinion is set before reading posts, you can expect responses like that, they already have an opinion fixed into their mindset and it will always result in a reaction, a reaction I feel is wanted.

Some of the cases listed through out this thread I had long forgotten, and has been a pleasure remembering, one had me going through all my files and drawers looking for, and am going to spend the night going through, because some of the information is not included in what I have, (why I like old threads reappearing after some time has passed)

I will say those who's threads I really enjoy, please continue the great work.

This thread is a good pointer to those who have recently joined the flock, with their all knowing, all aware responses, what you see here is years of work and discussion, going back over 8 years for some, make a note and take notes, there was an ATS before you.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes, thanks for being able to post it properly! Opinions?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bskivss3

Yea, I agree these are some smart cats of many on ATS and they do seem to have their debunk game onpoint. And you cannot forget ARMAP some of the pictures presented by him are great especially of MARS. S&F

[edit on 11/11/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

It's always hard to tell when the photos are small and out of focus, but the fact that all photos do not show the top of the UFO make me think that it was more than a coincidence and the photographer didn't want to show what was above the "UFO".

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
You guys are all arguing over the dumbest things. Who cares what anyone said about anyone! It would be easier to just ignore them in the first place and stop wasting thread space! I hate having to go through a billion back n forths of he said she said bs. GROW UP!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage, only popped back in to see your responce....and it was a Phageism to say the last
Which i thoroughly enjoy always

Can we make it a new ATS term?
Instead of rational thought processes....
"Phageism"

Nerd.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm glad someone bumped this post forward. There is a lot of great stuff here to go through. I thought I was pretty well-versed on UFOlogy and cases, but there are some in here I've not seen before.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join