It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition to stop video infestation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'd like all people who agree with the following statements, to post as a petitioner.

I believe there have been too many posts from people in which we find blurry, out of focus lights in the sky. I propose a rule forcing the following criteria on video posts:

1. Object of discussion must not be nondescript round lights.
2. Object of discussion must be clearly visible.
3. Video quality must be enough to see object in detail.

I know this probably won't get put into action, but I'd at least like to find out how many people agree with me, and hopefully take some other action. Perhaps a separate section for posting youtube videos, anything. They are dominating the boards and the discussion is always the same back and forth squabble.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't think this is a good idea, even if a video is blurry or out of focus or whatever, doesn't mean it's a fake. Not all cameras and camcorders are high-res, especially when pointed at the sky. Try taking a video of an airplane with your cell phone camera and you'll see what I mean.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I'm not implying they're fake. I don't think videos like this are of any real use, real or not.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wow, If your talking about the youtube video I downloaded and made a joke about with subtitles and posted back up on ats I'm sorry, I was just having fun.

Wait you not talking about that, would you have a better place for people to upload their videos they make that's free and doesn't suck?

I know we have ATS media but not every one in the world is a member here.

I also know that everyone in the world is not a photo pro or has the best camera.

Just take the vids as they are the best of what was there at the time.

I know it gets frustrating watching somethings but
I'd like to see others that say the same thing do much better.

example:
It's 11:30 pm you step out side of your house for, taking out the trash, smoke what ever and you spot something int he sky.
You run back in ( cause you don't carry the camera around your neck on a string) and come back out to video it.
It comes out all blurry and crap cause your exited.
You upload it cause well at least it shows what you saw.
now others are telling you ... dude you shoulda had a better camera , been in focus, shoulda been prepared.
Now I'm guessing as the person who made the video is thinking damn it I shoulda have done all that but ... I don't carry around my camera, I don't have all the best equipment, I'm not a pro I'm just doing what I thought would be great.

Belive me If I ever record or take a pict I would NEVER upload it even if it was the best detail cause theres always a flaw.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

I'm not saying these videos are scum of the earth and need to be removed from existence, feel free to upload to youtube, I'll probably end up watching it anyway. I'm just sick of there being 5 videos in the top 10 on the alien/ufos board that are literally a single blurry light shaking from camera movement.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You want to petition against these videos,
that means you want them stopped.

If you want them from reaching top 10 don't watch them.

The reason they get top ten is because many people think there is something good about them to make it there and rate it up.

You might be sick of not seeing clear videos but years ago I was sick of not seeing any videos.

I'm sure in time things will get better to where most video will be auto focused and 20 mg pixel but then we'll all be saying " to bad it's cgi "

Sorry if I sounded harsh, just get angry when people want more then what they are getting for basically for a few seconds or min. of the time they viewed the video.

But I'll say now what will be said later,
If its to clear its fake
If its blurry its fake
If its out of frame they should have had it in frame
If its only in frame its fake
If its got sound dubbed over , its fake
If it has no sound dubbed over and you hear the people they are faking it
If its to good to be true it is
If it's really crappy its fake
etc ...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hi SkepticPerhaps I'm one of the Mods in the UFO forum, just for the sake of discussion say we did implement your stipulations.

First, who would decide what videos where and where not to blurry and to dark.
well we know who would be doing that job, me and my fellow UFO Mods.
Can you imagine the flack, the accusations of Mod intervention, ATS is run by________ you fill in the rest.

I understand your premise, we don't have the logistics to do it, and make everyone happy to boot.

The only thing I would suggest is self Moderation, use the ATS search feature and think the OP out first before posting.

my 2 cents

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Like people who see real UFO's capture them with HD setups.

Sorry but you're just preaching to the choir.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This is a forum.

A place people come to discuss things.

If you would like to hear other peoples opinions on something, you discuss it with them.

Period.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I think Sauron said it all.

Where else would people go to discuss these videos? I would hate to see them go to skunkworks like the reptoids did (was glad to see those go). There just isn't much to go on. If you google "UFO" or similar topics you eventually end up here.

After you sort through the looney websites that is

You end up here if you want to have an intelligent conversation about something you are curious about.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

This imo is not a good idea. Many people bring their videos on here for people to look at and get their opinions on what it might be. I have seen many videos since I joined that looked like nothing but could be something. Its nice to have a place where people with the same interests, to find the truth, can come and share their experiences. If I had a video I would put it on here for sure!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ok, so everyone seems against me on this, that answers the biggest question I had. Instead of prohibiting these videos, what about my second idea, giving a separate section just to post youtube videos?

P.S. I don't mean to aggravate anyone, it's just something that I find annoying about the site and wanted to discuss.

new topics

top topics

join