It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA eyes water in Moon mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

NASA on Thursday said it was on target for a June mission to scour the Moon's surface for landing sites and water that would allow humans to work and even live on Earth's nearest neighbor.

news.yahoo.com...

Ohhhhh, and what have we here? This June? Dual craft? You've gotta be kidding me! After all this time!

Exciting!

What do you guys think???

It is scheduled to lift-off, strapped to an Atlas V rocket, from Cape Canaveral, Florida on June 17.

Awesome...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
That was quick. I thought they weren't planning another Moon mission for ages.

"We had the original target of providing information back for being able to safely return to the Moon for exploration,"

How eerie to hear. So many years ago they did it seemingly hassle free but now it turns out it was very unsafe and still is now with advancements in technology.

Don't get your hopes up though. Further down:

In 2004, then president George W. Bush vowed to return Americans to the Moon by 2020.

But facing a massive budget deficit, President Barack Obama has called into question the fulfillment of that aim, with a review apparently underway that could delay the program.

There are technical barriers, too. The space shuttle vehicle that could deliver astronauts to the Moon will be retired next year, with a new vehicle not expected in operation before 2015.

[edit on 22/5/09 by Nventual]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Yeah, I saw that...
But bottom line is, they're sending something to the moon. It may not be a manned spacecraft, but it's something.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hey that's next month --pretty cool!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Interesting...I will be outside since I live about 15 mins or so from the Cape..Maybe this time I will go there and watch it. At something is going to the moon! It would be nice to send people again, but I personally think they do already and we just dont know about it.

top topics

join