It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just recieved something wierd in email account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I just checked my yahoo account and recieved sopmething strange under where it said subject it read [none] and under the sender part it was blank i clicked it out of curiosty and there was no message no nothing

has any1 ever recieved this kind of message?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It could have been a virus and the yahoo scanner stripped off the attachment. I just checked my yahoo acct. and it didn't have that type of message.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've seen these. There's often a 1 pixel GIF file in the email which you would not see. When you open the email, you load the graphic off thier server. When the specific graphic is requested. They know they have just found a valid email address.

You may have just signed up for loads of spam by opening it.

3/4 of spam mail has tricks like this to validate the email address just by opening it.

I have a global block on YAHOO from all of my email addresses and my email server at work. Yahoo is evil and does not respect the EU laws regarding spam mail.

I hope all people who run Yahoo contract tertiary syphilis.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
And there lies the reason to NEVER open an email from someone you don't know.
I keep getting these unusual emails in Russian, and the number 15-12-24-20 whatever that is..I refuse to open them even though I have 3 levels of protection.
DELETE DELETE DELETE

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Turn off your auto-preview if you use Outlook.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Chers guys for the help i think i'll just delete it next time i had recieved a couple of times b4 but i never bothered to investigate until yesterday.

new topics

top topics

join