It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you knew that Obama spent time in Pakistan as a young adult?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Damn, I wanted to get in first with this:

I spent about 3 years in America and came back a bloated moron addicted to fast food and talk radio.

I'm not a fan of Obama. He's the smiley face on the USG, business as usual, but more so.

I am, however, a fan of logical thought and consistency...

Originally posted by finemanm

My father was almost entirely absent from my childhood, having been divorced from my mother when I was 2 years old; in any event, although my father had been raised a Muslim, by the time he met my mother he was a confirmed atheist, thinking religion to be so much superstition.

From the liberal Washington Post:

Since declaring his candidacy for president in February, Obama, a member of a congregation of the United Church of Christ in Chicago, has had to address assertions that he is a Muslim or that he had received training in Islam in Indonesia, where he lived from ages 6 to 10. While his father was an atheist and his mother did not practice religion, Obama's stepfather did occasionally attend services at a mosque there.

Is this really the first time you are hearing that Mr. Obama has been surrounded by Islam all his life?

I've emboldened the parts of what you've quoted in support of your argument that in fact directly contradict it. "Having to address assertions" means nothing other than that some people, doubtless Republicans out to get him, have accused him of stuff that may or may not be true, and he's responded.

I don't like Obama. He's clearly part of the usual Washington "let's screw the world for profit" bunch. I've seen him make speeches that were a triumph of style over content - content-free, in fact.

But if you're going to have a go, couldn't you come up with something more grounded in fact than this Islamophobic nonsense? It's all part of that revolting "the muslims are coming!" chorus which gets played out all the time in the right-wimg UK press.

Its like his life was a big secret. Doesn't that scare you?

How much coverage did Bush's drinking, his coke habit, his evasion of military service... how much MSM coverage did they get? Roughly comparable, I'd say.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864
I thought it was Afghanistan and at the time it was illegal for Americans to go there. I might be wrong but YES He did visit a country that Americans were not allowed to visit.

What? Since when have Americans not been allowed to visit countries? Hello? Americans go to Cuba all the time. Aside from Bobby Fischer, I want you to name a US citizen who has been punished for visiting a country and I want you to describe exactly what Fischer did wrong.

What about Indonesia though.

What about Indonesia? It was a dictatorship that was allied with the US, received significant US support and had significant US investment.

I believe at the time He was in indonesia it was not allowed for citizens of indonesia to have duel citizenship meaning if He was a citizen He would have to renounce His US citizenship...

You got that one wrong, old buddy. It's the US that doesn't allow dual-citizenship (which is why Rupert had to become a Yank and we were happy to see him go), unless you're a refugee. In general US citizens cannot take dual-citizenship unless they are born to it, so who cares what Indonesia's rules are.

Originally posted by Bombeni
We are having to play detective to find out who Barry Otero really is, when as US Prez, he should be an open book, not a science fiction book either!

This is just sad. "Barry Otero"...is that the best you can come up with? As for open books, what was the explanation for George W of Bush failing to complete his National Guard service?

Or how about Richard, Duke of Cheney's reason for deferring national service five times?

Originally posted by FlyersFan
How many 'American' students take their Spring Break in an Islamic country that is under Marshall Law? When he was there, was he Christian or did he claim Islam?

How many American students take their Spring Break with a coc aine straw jammed up their nose? Or a keg of beer coming back up their throats?

We know one Yale grad who did...or would have, given the chance.

One thing which has been established without doubt in his first few months in office is that he hasn't a clue on international affairs.

At least he has stamps in his passport. Oh, wait, at least he HAS a passport. Because George of W was such an expert on international affairs when you (the US) decided to elect a man they'd like to drink a beer with...

...which is actuallly beside the point; which is this: Which of his actions, exactly, has established "without a doubt" that he hasn't a clue on international affairs?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I can understand questioning the man's politics, but what difference does it make the countries he's visited?

ATS is becoming more and more like Stormfront every day. Sad.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Okay, so on the one hand, the candidate for president was a POW, a war hero, son of an Admiral in the United States Navy, grandson of an Admiral in the United States Navy, and has served this Country in the Congress for 27 years.

On the other hand is a guy that no one knows anything about. A guy whose father isn't an American, whose mother has spent more time in Muslim nations than in the US, a man who was a member of a radical church, a man who spent time with a domestic terrorist, a man who was running for president longer than he was in the US senate.

Think about that for a moment. The majority of the country would rather have a black muslim terrorist sympathizer with a fake birth certificate as President than let another Republican back into the Whitehouse.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
as a naturalized citizen who is also an atheist, i find this thread highly offensive.

i may not have been born here, and don't believe in jesus, but i am a former civil servant of the federal government who loves this country more than any other. i just spent last night at rodeo, and i am also a season ticket holder to a local minor league baseball team. i am just as american, if not more than any US born americans, and to say president obama is somehow working against us because of his ethnicity is ludicrous to me. if you have a concrete evidence, I would listen, as I am not a true believer of obama. but just because he visited somewhere as a young man doesn't make him an enemy, jmho.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hmmm, I've spent time in Rawanda, does that make me culpable to the genocide that happened there?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The people in this thread that seem to be on Obama's side and arguing that the Original Poster is anti-Muslim, or the people that are simply running interference and making fun of other posters or America, and the people making light of the issues are all seemingly missing the point that America is not an evil place. But they want to tell people America is bad, American government is bad, Americans are stupid and America is evil. People like that seem to want to put down America and appear to be really anti-American and harmful to the future of the country. Maybe you don't mean it that way, but it sounds that way. You sound as if you are eager to destroy America. You really do take the opposite side of the pro-American posters that want to protect America. It is amazing how polarized these conversations become and I don't even know if people mean for it all to sound that way.

If Obama is a great guy, then great! America wins.

If Obama is terrible, then America will deal with it and come out winning as usual. America wins!

But to just post against pro-Americans that are concerned about their country is kind of lame. Like you really want America's downfall? Really? If a guy wonders about the President's motives then I would say that person is at least interested in the powers at work and wants more information. The problem is.... there isn't more information coming. That is the problem. That and all the crummy changes. There has to be something going on. There has to be a source of all the smoke. What if the mystery man really is an Islamic agent bent on destroying America? What if he is funded by wealthy Jewish Zionists who play on his emotions since his mother was Jewish and ''not practicing'' or whatever. His father was Muslim and ''not believing'' or whatever. Sounds like his background is wishy-washy and open to manipulation. A ''nobody'' with an ego can be manipulated into somebody with fervent desires. You don't know him. You don't know what he is thinking. Let us watch and find out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join