It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you knew that Obama spent time in Pakistan as a young adult?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Yawn........ What else you got?

Really :shk: I lived in Yugoslavia from 1976-almost 1980....... Does that make me a communist? Or since it was Tito, it was Communist light????

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Well Mr. Moderator... why not check out this thread about Rachel Maddo criticizing Obama.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rather than yawning, perhaps you might want to add to the discussion by actually responding to some of the reasons I think its a bad thing that this has been hiden from the voters?

Or perhaps at least name one good thing that this man has done or "changed" since taking office?

Just because your a moderator doesn't mean I'm affraid of you.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
I am still completely floored that the American people were duped into electing this guy.

I'm floored that you think people were "duped".
The American people did what they always do during the election.

Vote for who they believe is the best choice for the country.

Sure every candidate employs a bit of smoke and mirror techniques alongside unrealistic campaign promises but I'd hardly call that duping.

It's just politics.

I bet very few of you knew he spent time in Pakistan when he was in college.

Is this some sort of crime?

Are you inferring that anyone that spends time in Pakistan is somehow a terrorist by default?

For the record, I knew Obama was there yet I fail to see why that matters.

- Lee

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I thought it was Afghanistan and at the time it was illegal for Americans to go there. I might be wrong but YES He did visit a country that Americans were not allowed to visit. What about Indonesia though. I believe at the time He was in indonesia it was not allowed for citizens of indonesia to have duel citizenship meaning if He was a citizen He would have to renounce His US citizenship... There is so many unanswered questions about this guy and no one seems to care. Like how did He afford college or who paid for it. Or here is a better one whom bought His house and why?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Yawn........ What else you got?

Really :shk: I lived in Yugoslavia from 1976-almost 1980....... Does that make me a communist? Or since it was Tito, it was Communist light????

Now that I got a good night's sleep, I have more to add to your questions.

Firstly, you are a moderator on a conspiracy theory internet forum, not a candidate for the highest office in the country. If you were running for president, I would like to know about your past, including your travels to Yugoslavia.

Maybe it does mean you were a communist, or maybe there is another explanation for your presence there. Maybe the reason you were there would elucidate me as your world views on foreign policy so as I would be able to make an INFORMED decision on whether I would want to vote for you to hold office.

But in reality, who cares why you were in Yugoslavia, the only power you wield is the power to close threads and remove points. You don't get to decide when and where to send the military or how to enforce the laws of this country.

Its not like he went to Cancun for spring break.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by finemanm]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If this is any representation of the mentality of America then we all know why America is on the ropes.

I don't know if half of the people are punch drunk or hopelessly lost in their illusionary world of delusional supremacy.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have no idea what you are talking about. What does this thread have to do with the US's superiority? I am trying to bring attention to the fact that the POTUS held a lot of information back from the voters during the election.

We all know that the US has the largest economy, military, and the most freedoms in the world. This really isn't a debate that this Country is superior to yours, we already know that, and I don't even know where you come from.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is pathetic and insulting. I spent eight years of my childhood in a Muslim country and if anything it made me more patriotic as a citizen of the USA. I have voted in national and local elections since 1972. Your insinuations and biases are way out there.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
This is pathetic and insulting. I spent eight years of my childhood in a Muslim country and if anything it made me more patriotic as a citizen of the USA. I have voted in national and local elections since 1972. Your insinuations and biases are way out there.

I am not sure the OP is saying it is a bad thing to spend time in a muslim country. We are having to play detective to find out who Barry Otero really is, when as US Prez, he should be an open book, not a science fiction book either!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Bingo, you hit is right on the nose. Why is there so much mystery about this person. With every other president, you can probably research how they did on their High School math tests, but with Obama, everything is a mystery.

Additionally, we know that he lived in Indonesia from age 6-10, and then we know he went to college in California and then transfered to Columbia University. However, we no practically nothing about his life before college other than the claim that he lived with his maternal grand parents.

Also, I think that I uncovered something in this thread. Mr. Obama was in an obscure tiny little liberal arts college as a freshman and sophmore.

He befreinds two wealthy pakastani's who introduce him to his future roomate at Columbia. Mysteriously, Mr. Obama transfers to Columbia, but that summer he first visits with the families of his Pakastani benefactors.

He ends up graduating from Columbia and gets into Harvard Law School thanks to a connection from a lawyer who regularly represents saudi interests. Interesting how this no body from Kansas, Hawaii, Indonesia, wherever has so many in high places. High middle eastern places.

The way the Obama campaign has answered the question was simply hard work and student loans.

But new questions have been raised about Obama’s student loans and Obama’s ties to a radical Muslim activist who reportedly was raising money for Obama’s Harvard studies during the years 1988 to 1991.

The allegations first surfaced in late March, when former Manhattan Borough president Percy Sutton told a New York cable channel that a former business partner who was “raising money” for Obama had approached him in 1988 to help Obama get into Harvard Law School.

In the interview, Sutton says he first heard of Obama about twenty years ago from Khalid Al-Mansour, a Black Muslim and Black Nationalist who was a “mentor” to the founders of the Black Panther party at the time the party was founded in the early 1960s.

Sutton described al-Mansour as advisor to “one of the world’s richest men,” Saudi prince Alwaleed bin Talal.
www.newsmax.com...

Who is this man and who helped to make him president?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Obama won for one reason and one reason only.... Bush!. The GOP could have put up Jesus and he would have lost. There was no way the US was going to elect another republican after Bush. I think the tide will have changed by 2012, but what kind of damage can BO do in 4 years? He is off to a good start.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
And, according to the original post, he visited India at the same time...why empathise Pakistan? Please tell me that a coloured man with a funny name doesn't automatically make him a Muslim

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well, when was the last time an Indian/Hindu has strapped a bomb to his chest and blew himself up?

In any event, I think I am really on to something though... Look at the circumstances of how Obama got into Columbia and then Harvard (two of the most prestigious institutions in the US). He had serious help getting into these places.

We all know how Bush got into Yale, his dad and grandfather went to Yale. The Bush family has been powerful and rich for many years. Its no secret how he got to where he did... it was nepotism.

Clinton was a truly brilliant student (Rhodes Scholar), and came from a rich and connected Arkansas family (Read My Life by Bill Clinton).

Bush the first, same as Bush the second.

Ragan was a famous actor who made things happen for himself. He became the president of the actors union, governor of California, etc... He made his success happen.

But where the hell did Barry Serento, a parentless child get the assistance to get into the institutions he attended, he ran for US senate unopposed, he gave the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in 2004 - before he even got elected to the Senate.

Who is Barry Sorento and WHO is behind him?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Rather than trying to jump to conclusions I think it would be better for us to wait and see how he brings about positive changes for the nation. He's been in office for like 5 months and how much has anybody done in 5 months...all this propaganda about him is nonsense.....I dont think anybody would be talkin about him the same way if he does bring about the necessary changes, at that time these so called sly remarks againts him wont matter, would it??? By saying such things you make the American voter look stupid....You gotta give the person time to clear up this mess. How'd u feel if it was you who was elected to office with people pushing you around with such non sense instead of actually giving him the duration for which he was elected to office...? This just shows that u are overtly anxious....It would need atleast 2 terms for some one to clear a part of the mess....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

I wonder when he is going to start doing some good? All he has done is crap on us.

And what you typed is not even related to the topic.

There is something up with this, and the OP is on to something . . . but of course, the Obamatrons come in right on cue.

Funny how they ignore the other threads.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yep ... I've heard about this.

How many 'American' students take their Spring Break in an Islamic country that is under Marshall Law? When he was there, was he Christian or did he claim Islam?

Does Obama even know what he is?? I doubt it. He's pandered so much of his life away that the 'real' Obama is probably no where to be found.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Of course it is related to the topic...I mentioned that all this conspiracy against him wont matter if things turn out to be the better and for that to take place we need to give him the time for which he was elected to office. Cmon guys its been like almost 5 months since he took office...
I dont see how him spending time in any 3 or 4 world country should actually show him of anything contrary to having the required experience to tackle foreign policies...?
You say Obama lied about his background??? I say Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq and Clinton lied about Lewinsky...Go figure it out!!!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Go for it Chris. This whole thread was moronic.

If this is what passes for intellectual debate on this website then it's so purile it's not even worth reading. Obama's greatest asset is that he has travelled and understands global affairs.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

If you lack the intellectual ability to add to the discussion, please don't waste our time calling names. Give me one good reason that it is "moronic" to want to know who is behind the man in the oval office.

His travels to a country under martial law in the early 80's is certainly relevant to answer this question. I think it speaks volumes on how he got into Columbia University, and who has been pushing this guy from obscurity to the most powerful "elected" position in the world.

But if you don't care about the background of the guy who has access to the big red button, please move on to another thread, perhaps one discussing the mating habits of reptilian aliens.

One thing which has been established without doubt in his first few months in office is that he hasn't a clue on international affairs.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by finemanm]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join