It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Cheney offer competing views on national security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Obama, Cheney offer competing views on national security

www.cnn.com

President Obama and former Vice President Dick Cheney offered competing views on how to keep America safe in back-to-back speeches Thursday.

Obama said his administration is trying to clean up "a mess" left behind by the Bush

Cheney stood up for the Bush administration's security record, arguing that Obama has weakened the country's ability to combat al Qaeda
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
National Security still has no consensus in the US. I agree that Bush created a mess and Obama is not cleaning it up properly.

The "mess" is in Afghanistan and Iraq, that is where Al Qaeda is, and 8 years after 911 we have not still wiped them out.

The arrests yesterday in New York are indicators that Al Qaeda is still willing and desiring to attack US, and that national security, not recession, must be the top concern of Obama

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

I very much doubt it was AQ behind it!

radical muslim fanatics yes! - AQ no!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I very much doubt it was AQ behind it!

radical muslim fanatics yes! - AQ no!

How would anyone pull off something like 9/11 (just a group of radical muslims?). I think it must have been AQ.

Are you convinced that this was an inside job? I am one who does not think so.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Why am I seeing and hear more from Cheney in the last 100 or so days than the entire 8 years he was in office? Why is he even relevant anymore? I'm really getting sick of Cheney and the constant defense of insanity of his administration and his trying to bully Americans into his views. Guess what Cheney you're a completely discredited figure and your ideology is as dead as Nazism. Why don't you be like Bush and take a vacation.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Why am I seeing and hear more from Cheney in the last 100 or so days than the entire 8 years he was in office?

One word for ya.

FEAR.

He is literally pooping in his pink colored panties ...

He terribly screwed up.

He created no exit situation just like many other idiots before him in this country did...

He created (glorified) concentration camp on US soil. A land within US with NO LAW whatsoever.

A place where we keep people who are doing time for things they did which cannot be proofed on the court of law.

Where we keep them INDEFINITELY.

And we laugh at Brits, lol

join