It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Creator Is Androgynous?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It would only make sense, although I would like to hear others opinions.

One of the most baffling phenomena concerning human gender disorders is androgyny, which is defined as being physically male and female in one. An androgyne is also referred to as a hermaphrodite. Many have mistakenly confused androgyny with bisexuality, which is a psychological condition. Only in rare cases are humans born with both male and female sexes. Estimates reveal that approximately 1% of the population is born with these traits.

Many cultures view androgyny in a mythical sense when one of their offspring is born with this affliction, as something both to be obtained and dreaded. For example, according to the Encyclopedia Britannica Macropedia, the Dogon African tribe has a myth of creation, which they believe that androgyny is a sign of perfection (Vol. 5, p. 240). The Greeks concept of the hermaphrodite and how the sexes were created and separated is described in Plato's writing "Symposium." In it, the character Aristophanes describes two humans joined as one, which Zeus decides to split in half. Each of these beings was globular in shape, with rounded back and sides, four arms and four legs, and two faces, both the same, on a cylindrical neck, and one head, with one face on side and one the other, and four ears, and two lots of privates, and all the other parts to match [see the website parallel.park.uga.edu...].

It should also be noted that many cultures' gods were androgynous. For example, the Hindu god Shiva is often depicted as half man and woman. In addition, both male and female hormones are found in both sexes. What is the intent of this article? This article will explain the origin and purpose of androgyny in accordance to the purpose, pattern and plan of Elohim who is male and female within Himself. Modern science has been unable to explain why this phenomenon exists. It will also show that androgyny symbolizes a spiritual principle that is three-fold and reflected on three levels: physical, psychological, and spiritual.

Most important is that all humans are androgynous with respect to our souls and there is a psychological component of androgyny that we all have to develop if we are to grow on a spiritual level. In short, Adam with Eve in him is the model for us all, for our soul is the woman that is giving birth to the man-child Yahshua. Finally, this article will explain how various cultures have dealt with androgyny.

The Full Article

Now keep in mind there has also been some third-world country cultures that have praised children who came out with birth defects also, although they weren't necessarily Androgynous it still makes the mind wonder.

I've also seen some movies where Hollywood has briefly touched on this kind of matter.

Eddie Murphy's The Golden Child is one for example.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think are creator is androgynous because whenever I meditate I see something that looks like an early 70's David Bowie speak to me and say it is God.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If you can't see God in Everything, You can't see God in anything.

No sex? I doubt it. I would say God is every sex. Exploring every sensual moment of every sensual being.

At least if I were God, That's what I'd be doing.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by anarcissus

The question is most likely irrevelant as a spiritual being would have little use for sexual reproduction. But, admittedly, I could be wrong.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It depends. If you're a Christian (or Catholic, or Protestant, Jew, etc.) you're god is supposed to be male according to your textbook (Bible). If as you say, you are Hindu, then some of their gods are androgenous.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Noooooooooooo! I wasn't implying he is up there reproducing and running a nursery!! (lmao)

I was implying that if the source, our creator, does have a gender or whatever he would most likely be composed of BOTH opposites, Because if he was honestly all male testosterone DNA where would Eve had came from? She would've been the same as Adam and had a penis too...(LOL)

But more or less the creator is the source of ALL DNA and the source that gives life to all things.

I believe since the Creator created the planets and animals, it only sounds logical that the creator is made up of everything, and like how most scientists suggest wouldn't have an exact form but would be able to present itself however the person witnessing it's greatness would see them how they have personally visioned him/her their entire life to be.

And that's just

I.M.O.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by anarcissus]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think god is a guy. I am christian and i believe that Adam was made in God's image, and Adam was a guy. Soo it kinda makes sence to me.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
god is not an organism. Only organisms have sexes. She has no form.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by anarcissus
...the creator is the source of ALL DNA and the source that gives lfie to all things. I believe since he created the planets and animals too, The creator is made up of everything.

What sex are aliens then?

Personally, my mommy and daddy created me, albeit the best part dribbled down my dads leg, but nonetheless God is just a manifestation of mankind.

DNA is an evolution, not creation.....IMHO.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

You have to remember that there is a feminine and masculine side of spiritually side of things, and energy. So your not exactly right when you say spiritual world would not have genders etc... We are all male and female, but different levels of each.

Personally i think that the human race will end up one gender in the not to distant future, so who knows when. Sexual energy is very important(i am not talking about sex, and i am talking about the sexual energy we all have), and like alot say plays a massive part in our lifes, that we totally ignore, except maybe for some pagan religions, but like others say all religions are based on alot to do with sex.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by andy1033]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiConspirator

Not necessarily both were made in our Creators image, especially if you have taken the time to read the story about Adam and Lilith. (the one that came BEFORE Eve)

To put Man above Woman is unequal and it's one of the reasons that made me listen to the Epistle of Jude and abandon Organized Religions, the way the masses always try and use Genesis as a way to make women feel like they are below us and are here just to make a man feel good and reproduce,cook,& clean for them is wrong! And it's Sexist, dude.

And I did NOT open this thread implying that Higher beings were upstairs "getting it on" LOL this thread is getting WAAAAAAAAAAY off topic.

Whoever asked what gender are Aliens, seems to be someone who hasn't studied their demonology and came to the conclusion like most Astro Physicists have, that these things are Demonic and not Intergalactic like we think because if they were we would've sensed the traffic on our radars by now!!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by anarcissus]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anarcissus
Whoever asked what gender are Aliens, seems to be someone who hasn't studied their demonology and came to the conclusion like most Astro Physicists have, that these things are Demonic and not Intergalactic like we think because if they were we would've sensed the traffic on our radars by now!!

Twas me anarcissus

I didn't realise i had to study demonology, to understand ET's?! That's an interesting perspective.

IMO, i think extra-dimensions are the key to their pervasive nature. Their tech must be more advanced.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If you can't see God in Everything, You can't see God in anything.

No sex? I doubt it. I would say God is every sex.

mrwupy got it exactly.

I read once that the Egyptians considered 4 schools of sexuality: male, female, grandfather and neutral, or something along those lines. "Grandfather" was equivalent to our normal social state, when we are driven to interact with one another but not in an aggressively sexual male/female way, but for acquiring knowledge, for example. I thought it was an interesting way of looking at things regardless of how accurate it is historically. "God," if "God" is the true creator of everything in the ultimate possible sense of the word, would have to be everything.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well Personally I try not to think of "it." Its just sounds wrong to me, but yes, she's sexless. Personally I think god is a Girl simply to make sure women have rights. I figured that since women been complaining about how they deserve better and so on. I think back to traditional days when mainly god is a dude. Well I think of god as a girl. Thats all and so saids Jay and Silent Bob Movies as Alanis Morrissette played the Role as GOD.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Please note in the video clip you attached to your post there is a gentleman featured by the name of Carl Sanders. The Video claims he is the inventor of the RFID Biochip. This is not true. He fabricated this story to aid his ministry and confessed and apologized when he was found out. He is not an engineer and holds no degree real or honorary in any science.

Back to the OP...

God is not male or female. God creates independently and does not need to cooperate with any other being to do so. And when God created man it was the only creation God was not satisfied with and made the new and improved version...Female! With every other creation God made ...God was pleased and said it is good.

I believe the Creation story is contextual literature to describe God, not literal, but I love that Man was God's only creation that God needed to amend...God's oops moment.

Had to edit this post to remove the pronoun He...so subconsciously I guess I do think God is male.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That makes sence, but who is this Lilith? I only know of Adam and eve, genisis doesnt say Lilith.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think God being androgenous makes perferct sense. But not male and female....rather, neither. He just is. As we will just be when we go to the next place. When one is one with the universe, there is no need for sexual orientation just like there is no need for a body. Male and female comes from being human.

When one is one with the universe there is also no black, white, yellow, red ,etc....no Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, Muslim, etc.....no hate, no pain, no disease, no crime or criminals, no Republicans and Democrats...no politics period.....etc..............

God is way beyond all this human nonsense.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Someone who hasn't studied the demonology of aliens? Is that something that one can study? Most astro physicists have concluded that "these things" are demonic? Do you have a source to back this up? Since when do astro physicists believe in demons? Why would a demon need a space ship? Couldn't a demon travel without a space ship? Don't they teach this in Alien Demonology 101?

There have been all kinds of UFOs spotted on radar ever since radar was invented. Also realize, aliens could be far more advanced than you think. They could be thousands of years ahead of us or even millions or billions. I think they could travel without being seen by radar pretty easily, don't you? Are you familiar with Stealth technology? A human technology....imagine what aliens far more advanced than us could be capable of.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am androgynous, the type with male organs, little hair, high pitched voice, and a female-looking appearance and body structure. Though I am 27 years of age, I keep getting mistaken as a teenage boy, sometimes, I also get mistaken as female at night.

Mentally, I am sexually attracted to females, not with males. But my personality is a mix or combination of both. Somehow, it helped me immensely to excel at a wide variety of tasks, to gain a wider picture of things and ideas, and be sensitive to the spiritual phenomenon or simply be sensitive to anything..

The condition is somehow beneficial physically, mentally, and spiritually if you are up to it, but I have yet to test the 'sexual' part of it

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Man, that sounds eerily like myself, though I wouldn't call myself "androgynous," I guess I am anyway by definition (I just looked it up, lol). I'm 21, have a small build, am often accused of being 16 or 18, and take pride in the fact that I can relate to both sides of the fence pretty easily, and I constantly compare and contrast views in that way.

The condition is somehow beneficial physically, mentally, and spiritually if you are up to it, but I have yet to test the 'sexual' part of it

Haha, it's different but the same, like you would probably expect. Once I got over being so self-conscious of it, it's actually pretty great and perfectly natural imo.

"Somehow" beneficial because you relate to much more than you would if you were exclusive to one mentality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join