It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force jet crashes near Edwards AFB in California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Air Force jet crashes near Edwards AFB in California

news.yahoo.com

A military jet on a training mission crashed north of Edwards Air Force base in the desert on Thursday, authorities said. The fate of the two crew members aboard was not immediately known.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.edwards.af.mil

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
F-22 crashes in California desert near air base

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thats two crashes at or around Edwards AFB in the last two months!. For those who don't know, Edwards is where some of the leading edge aircraft are tested. Astronauts also train here.

Test pilots and flight test engineers are trained in T-38s at Edwards, while Air Force Materiel Command uses the jet to test experimental equipment such as electrical and weapon systems. NASA uses T-38s as trainers for astronauts

T-38 Talon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4391936da815.jpg[/atsimg]

Hearing this reminds me of a article I read about a test pilots UFO encounter at Edwards. Could this be related to the crashes?
Lt. Col. Roy Jack Edwards Tells His Son Of His UFO Encounter As A Test Pilot

Here is Edwards AFB
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ac5ca1a0c7e.jpg[/atsimg]

-E-

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
lets hope that the pilots are alright. the GPS satellites are nearing old age, lets hope that the coming galactic alignment doesn't screw too much with said systems.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

I certianly hope they are alright. Test pilots are amazing people with Grande Heuvos.

-E-

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Oh I pray for the safe return of our AF Pilots to safety! This is terrible news. Please keep us informed of the situation as it happens Op.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I will keep a close eye on this one. My father does consulting work at Edward AFB. I will ask him in the morning if he has heard anything of relevence.

-E-

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What i have heard was one of the crew had serious arm and leg injuries

The other has not been found yet,??????

I understand The injured crew member was found by a off duty sheriff's deputy who saw his chute and went out in his 4x4 to rescue him.

NWC China Lakes rescue helos have been gone since just after the crash looking for the missing crew-member.

The area is flat and rolling desert without any real terrain to hide anything.
Why they have not found the missing crew member is unknown if he ejected???
if he did no eject its a body recovery in the wreckage.

If i remember right if one of the crew ejects the other should have gone out automatically a few seconds later

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Thanks for the update. China Lake is right next to Edwards right? Please keep us informed if the local media breaks any news.

That is odd that they havn't found the second pilot yet. Actually thats very odd.

-E-

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I thought these pilots carry a radio/walkie talkie on the UHF guard some 243MHZ. Capable of voice communications and or a beeper/homing signal? I also thought these radios are stored in their ejection seats or such.

The fact that one does not seem to have been found indicated to me that the pilor or crew member is somehow incapacitated.

Just a thought.

Orangetom

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Not a happy ending Im afraid:

One Pilot Confirmed Dead In Jet Crash Near California City
www.turnto23.com...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Thats a shame. Thoughts and prayers to his/her family.
Thanks for the update FredT

-E-

new topics

top topics

join