It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM: I told Obama Jerusalem will never be divided

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

PM: I told Obama Jerusalem will never be divided

www.haaretz.com

"The new U.S. administration informs us with intolerably ease that we have to give up Jerusalem," the Likud politician said. "With all due respect, the U.S. president sees the American interest and does not know that Jerusalem is not a territorial issue, but a much deeper one - 'the hope of two thousand years/the land of Zion and Jerusalem,'" he said, quoting the national anthem.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
For the first time in my life, the US is starting to distance itself from Israel. It looks like all the people hoping for America to turn its back on Israel are finally getting their way.

I can't say I am surprised. Mr. Obama's father was a Muslim, his step father was a Muslim, his mother lived in Indonesia for many years, and he even traveled to Pakistan as a young man.

I think that the rest of this year should be an interesting one from a foreign policy perspective. I still can't believe that this one man sleeper cell is actually the President of the United States.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

For the first time in my life, the US is starting to distance itself from Israel. It looks like all the people hoping for America to turn its back on Israel are finally getting their way.

Thank God.

Originally posted by finemanm
I can't say I am surprised. Mr. Obama's father was a Muslim, his step father was a Muslim, his mother lived in Indonesia for many years, and he even traveled to Pakistan as a young man.

I think that the rest of this year should be an interesting one from a foreign policy perspective. I still can't believe that this one man sleeper cell is actually the President of the United States.

Wow, you actually think this is a bad thing. I'm sorry.

I'm Jewish, and while I'd like our people to have their holy land, it's not just ours. Israel has zero right to be there, and even less right to be doing what they are to the people of Gaza.

This is an enormous victory for human rights. How can you not see that?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Okay, lets look through the crystal ball of your future...

Israel gives western Jerusolum to Palastinians. Now only muslims get access to holy sites that are located there. While in Israel's hands, everyone who wants to visit their holy sites, can go freely.

I'm Jewish too, and I'm not religious, but really, every hear of a non-muslim getting to go and see Mecca? Or how about all the Budist shrines destroyed in Afganistan and Pakistan by Muslims.

They want you to respect their religion, while they have no regard to anyone else's.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by finemanm]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by finemanm]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Israel is the cause of most of the problems in that area, finally allowing it to fall would save lives. So much hatred and violence in that part of the world, for what? religious relics......... they have always failed to see that the relic mean nothing when compared to lives, nothing does. Hopefully this will end the deaths on both sides.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by phi1618]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yeah I'm so thankful that even in Israel today there are people getting tired of the violence and the old agenda from the hawks.

That even more and more people there, are beginning to support a two state solution!

Baby steps towards a better future for whole region!

B'shalom!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
When nations become allies, a mutual interest is supposed. That is, if nation A and nation B are allies, nation A does something good for nation B, and nation B does something good for nation A.

This is an iron law of history. "Nations don't have friends, they have interests." -Lord Palmerston

So, I would like to know, what are the mutual interests that bind the USA so closely to Israel? From Israel's side, it seems obvious: the might of the US military to protect it from a sea of hostility on all sides and borders.

But looking in the other direction ...what exactly is the benefit for the USA in this relationship? What does the USA get in return for its extremely close relationship with Israel?

It must be something of great value, to forge such a tight relationship, no? But what, exactly, is it? I'm drawing a blank here.

I'm not asking this to be snarky, rude, combatitive, or facetious. I simply want to know the truth to this question. Its a question I have asked before, and I've never really been able to find a rational answer to it.

I have no particular like or dislike of Israel; my feelings on the topic are entirely neutral, from an emotive perspective. But from a rational perspective, it seems that any two close allies must offer each other something of value, and that the closer the relationship, the greater the mutual value. So what is the value that this close relationship with Israel brings to the USA? Can anyone answer this? Again, I ask this with the utmost seriousness, without any intent to cause ill will. I simply want to know.

[edit on 5/22/09 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

uhhhhhh........ hold on here... i'm thinking... it's on the tip of my tongue... oh wait never mind i can't think of anything

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
its strange,
i get the feeling that for the west, giving up Jerusalem is equal to giving up the 1000 year old bond that held the west so close to christianinty.

strange.

[edit on 22/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
its strange,
i get the feeling that for the west, giving up Jerusalem is equal to giving up the 1000 year old bond that held the west so close to christianinty.

I hate to break it to you, but Jerusalem was given up by the west in the 12th century. Since then it has been owned by middle eastern powers, up until the 1900's.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Can I have some of what your smoking?

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I'm Jewish....

Your a liberal Jew. Make the distinction clear, kkthx.

This is an enormous victory for human rights. How can you not see that?

In your liberal tainted world maybe. From my un-liberal perspective, violations of "human rights" are not merely limited to Israel. Human rights are being violated by the Palestinians, HAMAS, Hezbollah, etc. Can you not see that?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I hate to break it to you, but Jerusalem was given up by the west in the 12th century. Since then it has been owned by middle eastern powers, up until the 1900's.

"given up"- is that like when a man breaks into my house, steals my tv, and I "gave up" the telly

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

In your liberal tainted world maybe. From my un-liberal perspective, violations of "human rights" are not merely limited to Israel. Human rights are being violated by the Palestinians, HAMAS, Hezbollah, etc. Can you not see that?

how anyone can waffle about a victory for "human rights" when, as imperfect as Israel is, it affords more "Human rights" than any surrounding Arab nation is baffling.

Presumably all these "human rights" merchants are descending on Sri Lanka for the tamil minority; in Sudan for the black and/or Christian oppressed; in Egypt for the oppressed CHristian coptic minority etc etc

Hypocrites to a man

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
Israel is the cause of most of the problems in that area, finally allowing it to fall would save lives. So much hatred and violence in that part of the world, for what? religious relics......... they have always failed to see that the relic mean nothing when compared to lives, nothing does. Hopefully this will end the deaths on both sides.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by phi1618]

Removing Israel would do nothing, absolutely nothing.

Iran and Iraq killed over a million people in their war in the 1980s without any regard to Israel. Ethnic cleansing of Greeks in Turkey and the genocide of over 1 million Armenians in the 1930s had nothing to do with Israel.

That region of the world has always been unstable and rocked by war.

The Turks, Arabs, and Persians were fighting over it long before Israel in 1948. The Turks themselves are outsiders from Central Asia and had ruled the region for centuries before World War I. The Arabs came out of Arabia after Islam and took the land from the Greeks before the Turkish conquest. The Persians never really stopped trying to rebuild their empire that Alexander the Great took from them and kept the Romans from holding the Middle East. For centuries even when the Turks were there, the Persians played a game of who controls Iraq.

It never ends.

Israel is a historical blip. Its also the best thing to happen to the Palestianians. If Israel did not exist, no one would give a crap about the plight of the Palestinians. A good example is anytime Arab countries have Palestinian problems, like Lebanon or Jordan, and they blow up Palestinians....the World is Silent.

As soon as Israel was gone, the Arab states around Israel would go in and carve the land up. The Palestinians would cry out to the world and no one would hear them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

"given up"- is that like when a man breaks into my house, steals my tv, and I "gave up" the telly

Haha, well if you're going to use that example, then its like you broke in, killed the person's entire family, stole the house and the TV, and then that same person broke into his and stole back his TV.

Seriously, do the Crusades ring a bell?

And yes, Jerusalem was willingly given up by the KoJ to Saladin to spare their nobles. And guess what the evil Muslim Saladin did: he let the christians continue their holy pilgrimages. Why did Saladin do this? Because he didn't want to resort to massacring the christians in the same way they had massacred his people when they took Jerusalem.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Israel is a historical blip. Its also the best thing to happen to the Palestianians. If Israel did not exist, no one would give a crap about the plight of the Palestinians.

This is like saying Nazi Germany is the best thing to happen to the Jews. Because if the holocaust didn't happen, no one would give a crap about the plight of the Jews, right?

Makes perfect sense.

What foolishness.

top topics

join