It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever hear of MU?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
We all have heard of Atlantis.
Yet not many have heard of Mu.
I was told that it was like the Atlantis to the Atlantians.
The info I have found(not much).
Is vague at best.
Was wondering if anyone else had any info that might shed some light on it.

en.wikipedia.org...(lost_continent)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I could be very very very wrong.
Isn't MU the same thing as Lemuria???
If I'm wrong, then:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

It's debatable but the legend probably stemmed from the same place. Lemuria has more sketchy history behind the story, and it's typically tied to Atlantis, according to the New Age definition. Also linked more with space ghosts and Egypt.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I guess you don't mean the informal Danish term for Mother?

No probably not...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
lemuria+mu.

Where atlantis was more corporeal, lemuria was still very etheric.

If you are familiar with kaballah, you know about the 4 worlds. each sequential one becomes more "dense".

the top is absolutely etheric, the last is physical.

Not going to hijack this thread for a metaphysical dissertation.

lemurs were once thought to have been descendants of LEMURia. I think darwin was one. dont hold me to that though

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

lemurs were once thought to have been descendants of LEMURia. I think darwin was one. dont hold me to that though

interesting never heard of that before, lemurs and lemuria connection.

since this cannot be proven i can only link you to probably false information, at least it must be assumed as such.

anyway the thiaoouba prophecy, a supposed first hand account of interaction between aliens inhabiting Thaioouba. Within it Mu and Lumeria and Atlantis are discussed among other things (as told to the man by aliens who have watched earth since humans arrived on it ).

heres the link to wiki

also here is a summary of it

[edit on 21-5-2009 by phi1618]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by phi1618]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by only onus

Only Onus this should lead you to the knowledge you seek

www.google.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I remember reading some things about it several years ago. Wasn't it supposedly a land mass somewhere in the Pacific Ocean area? Sorry I don't remember too much. I remember reading about disasters occuring on this planet at least a few times wiping mankinds civilizations back to the stone age as survival is threatened. I believe Mu was one of those civilizations or lands from long ago if there was any truth to what I read. There is a possibility the inhabitants of Mu didn't look like people do nowadays but I don't clearly remember what I read anymore.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Lemuria was invented in 1864, to explain the presence of Lemurs in Madagascar and India.

As for Mu... it's existence primarily derives from Charles-Étienne Brasseur de Bourbourg's mistranslation of the Troano Codex, and ‘Colonel’ James Churchward who never revealed his his sources.

More recently, they've been latched onto by New Ager's and freethinkers, creating all sorts of stories for them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by only onus

Dear only,

If you want to go on an interesting journey, I suggest you start here:

www.semjase.net...

It is a beautiful site, but only paraphrases the source data that it is based on. I think it is an aesthetic and intriguing way to enter into the questions of who else lived on earth and when. May you have good luck and a steady heart!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Mu was supposedly a great Island Continent situated in the Pacific Ocean and existing at about the same time as Atlantis.
Whereas the Alanteans used there technology and Sciences for the greater good and nourishment of the planet and themselves, the Muan's were a violent, conquering race.
Over time the Muan's infilitrated Atlantean society, initially to trade, but later interbred with them and the offspring where the ones who decimated the planet.
These mixed races of Atlantean and Muan overthrew the peacful Atlanteans, who did not believe in warfare, and used the "Great Crystal" for war purposes instead of nurturing the Earth. They attacked the other great nation at the time in India using Energy beams and "Vimina" (Flying Craft). The ensuing war laid waste the Earth.
The use of the Energy from the crystal for war depleted it's power and reversed it's polarity, thereby attracting near-Earth objects towards us. The resulting impacts and cataclysms decimated the planet, destroying both Mu and Atlantis, and the survivors limped into obscurity.
Their memories are a distant echo in history, but hold a great warning to us in this present day. We too are using the Earth Energies for warfare, and we already know what will come of it.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by starwarp2000]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Lemuria was invented in 1864, to explain the presence of Lemurs in Madagascar and India.

As for Mu... it's existence primarily derives from Charles-Étienne Brasseur de Bourbourg's mistranslation of the Troano Codex, and ‘Colonel’ James Churchward who never revealed his his sources.

More recently, they've been latched onto by New Ager's and freethinkers, creating all sorts of stories for them.

This post contains every single thing that anyone knows at all about the subject.

I.e., it's a total and complete fabrication, just like Semjase.

Harte

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I could be very very very wrong.
Isn't MU the same thing as Lemuria???
If I'm wrong, then:

Lemuria is sometimes referred to as MU.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think I read a while ago that Mu was an ancient continent; a super land-mass- before the break-up of tectonic plates, (another name for Gondwandaland).
Mu and Lemuria were eluded to by H.P.Blavatsky, in her doctrines of Theosophy.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The are the different names for the same continent that stretched across the Pacific Ocean, and of which Australia is still a surviving part according to the Aborigiones.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If anyone here is capable of doing so, please read Ted Neild's book Supercontinent . It contains a very good chapter explaining how the childish fantasies about Mu and Lemuria originated. And moreover it also explains a lot about the history of the earth, tectonics etc. You might learn something. However it does not contain ancient mystical beings flying around sapping cavemen and dinosaurs with ray guns - so may not be suitable for some posters to this thread.

(In short: Mu is as real as Hogwarts and Narnia)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

However it does not contain ancient mystical beings flying around sapping cavemen and dinosaurs with ray guns - so may not be suitable for some posters to this thread.

What? No cavemen with Rayguns? NO DINOSAURS-ALSO WITH RAYGUNS!!!
Well I must say that I found H.P Blavatskys' writtings a little hard to swallow.Oh now I'm just depressed.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

However it does not contain ancient mystical beings flying around sapping cavemen and dinosaurs with ray guns - so may not be suitable for some posters to this thread.

What? No cavemen with Rayguns? NO DINOSAURS-ALSO WITH RAYGUNS!!!
Well I must say that I found H.P Blavatskys' writtings a little hard to swallow.Oh now I'm just depressed.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Atlantis, Mu, and Lemuria have been discussed over and over and over again.

Runespider's information is correct, as you will find out when you start reading some really old books (1600's and earlier.) There's no "ancient" information about them and no one believed them until they were popularized in the late 1800's.

Originally posted by RuneSpider

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
The are the different names for the same continent that stretched across the Pacific Ocean, and of which Australia is still a surviving part according to the Aborigiones.

I'm afraid that's info from one of the worst websites around. Lemuria was supposedly near Africa (not Australia) and Mu was over near Hawaii. The Aborigines don't have any legends about being part of a larger continent... at least they didn't up until 20 years ago. With the recent opening of the Internet and spread of a lot of fabricated tales (like that one) there may be some who have gotten the idea that this represents some of their ancient knowledge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join