It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Pain In The World

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hey BTS, you know what the WORST pain in the world is? now I hear you say "Decapitation" and "Slit Wrists" and I reply NO it isn't.

The worst pain in the world is..... standing on plugs... How much does it hurt!? I'll tell you how much, SO MUCH. Think about it, all the times you've stood on a plug, you know they are there yet they still attack your foot... I don't get it, three simple prongs and it's like friggin North Korea attacking my foot.

I stood on one about five minutes ago, so I'm a vet. I know how bad these things are...

Ok, next time you stand on a plug, think of how bad it is.... so bad

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Do I dare ask? yes, I do.

Forgive my ignorance Ren, but what in the world is "standing on plugs?"

I can't for the life of me figure out what this phenomenon is.

I hope it's not something you're going to have to continue to do, given that it's apparently more painful than most conventionally known ailments.

p.s. I just KNOW I'm going to kick myself in the adz when I find out what you're talking about.

cheers

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Okay....... wait, I think I just had a moment of enlightenment.

Nope, sorry, that was my wife.

Soooooo, I think you're talking about a power plug -- the end of a cord. You know what threw me off? The "standing" part. I mean, I can understand the piercing probing pain of stepping on a power plug, but to actually STAND there...........

I know. It's not funny.

good rant.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

At the risk of interrupting argentus' self induced/perpetuated dialogue ...

Yes, stepping on a power plug. depending on which part of the world one is sauntering in, can be quite painful.

However I can think of many things more painful than that ...

Giving birth whilst being eaten by a crocodile is but one of them, even without the crocodile.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
oh ha ha to both of you!!

"stepping" on plugs then argentus! I lolled hard reading your first post btw

and "schrodingers dog" child birth is something that I will never experience, thank god lol. Yet being kicked in the go'nads has to be up there... for all the male posters "You know what I mean!!"

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would have voted for kidney stones, rather close to childbirth if your a guy lol. Of course when you have your first heart attack then thats a whole different defination of pain and fear.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
oh ha ha to both of you!!

"stepping" on plugs then argentus! I lolled hard reading your first post btw

and "schrodingers dog" child birth is something that I will never experience, thank god lol. Yet being kicked in the go'nads has to be up there... for all the male posters "You know what I mean!!"

I have stepped on plugs numerous times, and though it is bad, it has never been quite bad enough for me to remember to wind the hoover cord in everytime I use it. To compare it to my childbirth experience I would have to spend 23 and a half hours repeatedly standing on a plug to gauge a definative comparison. And unlike my inability to learn the standing on plug lesson, I have learnt the childbirth one. Having to squeeze 7lbs 5ozs of flesh and bone out your body is a sick joke on nature's part and it's enough to make you believe in god just so you can curse him. I ain't ever doing that again.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yep, giving birth..many times over for me, and biggest one was a half ounce short of nine pounds.
However I thoroughly understand the pain of stepping on a plug.
But worse then that...a thumbtack, or a piece of your kids lego.
I actually banned lego from my house for this very reason.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Yep, giving birth..many times over for me, and biggest one was a half ounce short of nine pounds.

You have a winner!!!!!!!

LEGO is the DEVIL!!!!!! Imagine standing on a lego like AWWW DAMN!!! Then shouting at the kid getting a hoover to hoover them up then standing on the plug and being like OH GOD DAMN!!!! then hopping away and standing on a thumb tack being like

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You have a winner!!!!!!!

LEGO is the DEVIL!!!!!! Imagine standing on a lego like AWWW DAMN!!! Then shouting at the kid getting a hoover to hoover them up then standing on the plug and being like OH GOD DAMN!!!! then hopping away and standing on a thumb tack being like

...whilst in labour.

It is quite remarkable how far Lego can embed itself into the soft flesh of your sole and not actually puncture the skin isn't it?

And, AccessDenied...eight times I believe...you are a better woman than I, kudos.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Worst pain in the world:

1. spinal fluid leaking into the body. No painkiller can help it. It is said that child birth without drugs would be preferred as it would be pleasurable in comparison to the spinal fluid releasing into your body.

2.A close second is severe constipation, you just want to lay in a corner somewhere and cry.

3.Kidney stones can be rough too.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Worse pain than having to wade through one of my pedantic posts? NEVERmind. Redundant question

I'ts a process. I'm working on it.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I've had 3 kids, an all were difficult births. The first was 11lb 10 oz with no support and no anaesthetic. But with the next birth the cervix didn't open and nobody had checked for dilation. Bursting like a squashed orange made the other two births seem like heaven. And I've been in a situation that made the pain of that terrible birth pale in comparison.

But even after that I have to say the worst pain in this world is emotional. Almost any mother I know would choose to go through worse than even what I've been through if that was the only way to save her child.

There is no worse pain than your own child being seriously harmed, killed or disappearing. I thank god that, despite some close calls, I've never had to experience that.

By the way RenDMC, in the spirit of "blame the victim" which appears to be mandated by society, you should be made aware that you deserved it. If you had never used electricity or been around anyone who used electricity there'd have been no power-plug to stand on, would there?
Unless you were using the power cord for some other, even more nefarious use, like tying up your grandmother. So it's obviously a predictable result of the life style you have chosen to follow.

Therefore you have nothing to complain about.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

You have a winner!!!!!!!

If you think I haven't stepped on lego, then on the plug for the vaccume whilst already cursing..you are wrong..
I didn't wait for the triple whammy of adding a tack to that..lego=gone.
And thanks kilgoretrout...but it's 9 times over....yep I'm nuts.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just from personal experience I've had a couple very painful situations.

Broken ribs and several ribs separated from the breast plate (or sternum ?). that's a pain that goes on for weeks while they mend. You can't laugh, cough, and if you sneeze you're on the floor hoping for death.

I've also stepped on a piece of wood with a large nail that went right through my foot and coming out the top of my shoe, snapping a metatarsal on the way. At the same time a smaller nail penetrated my heal hitting the bone.
The nails going in didn't hurt that much, but having them removed was horrible and then you get a shot of tetanus in your butt.
Again, it was the weeks of mending that the pain is constant and throbbing.:shk:

Granted I've never given birth, and never will, but I delivered our housekeeper's baby in the bathtub at home and the little guy slipped out like it was on a water slide. The mother really didn't seem to be in a lot of pain during the whole thing even though the baby was a wopper.

I think a paper cut is worse than the birthing process she went through.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Granted I've never given birth, and never will, but I delivered our housekeeper's baby in the bathtub at home and the little guy slipped out like it was on a water slide. The mother really didn't seem to be in a lot of pain during the whole thing even though the baby was a wopper.

I think a paper cut is worse than the birthing process she went through.

You are right; a good many births are not particularly painful. I have a sister-in-law who reckons it's better than sex. Or at least she used to say that until my brother got jack of the ragging he copped over his efforts being "even worse than childbirth".

It depends on how happy, relaxed, confident, fit and healthy the woman is, how well her birthing hormones are working, and on the support she has.

So you can take some of the credit for your housekeeper's easy birth yourself.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I dont know the worst
but
weird is definitiv love

maybe worst too.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Catching yourself in the zipper of your jeans. That REALLY hurts. Also, putting each pinky finger in between your teeth and biting on them firmly for 30 seconds. Then locking them together and pulling as hard as you can. That REALLY REALLY hurts!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The worst pain for me wasn't physical but emotional.

I found out that my wife was dating the USC basketball team behind my back.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
When I had kidney stones they told me it was the same pain as giving birth, so I thought "cool, when I have my children it won't be worse then this"..... Then i gave birth... They lied!

Thank god for lots and lots of painkillers!

worst beside the above? Ever had a head splitting migraine that makes you go blind for an hour???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join