It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Dumps the U.S. Dollar for Euro as Reserve Currency

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by undermind

Equity doesn't imply sovereignty.

They hold actual TITLE, different deal.

But equity is different from sovereignty, in the same way that you might own your house, doesn't mean you can declare yourself a separate country.

You do not own your home, you only hold possession which is 9/10ths, the other tenth is owned by Creditors or Title companies...

If you take full responsibilty for among other things your property then you can in fact own it. Otherwise it can be taken from you at any moment by those that hold the legal title not you who simply owns equitable title.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can sum this up in seven words....

YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO RON PAUL

He's not looking so radical now is he? meatheads.......

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenorbs
The article mentions what has been going on in Spain:

The massive transfer of wealth that many businesses seek is not necessarily good for the rest of the economy. Spain has been proclaimed a global example in providing financial aid to renewable energy companies to create green jobs. But research shows that each new job cost Spain 571,138 euros, with subsidies of more than one million euros required to create each new job in the uncompetitive wind industry. Moreover, the programs resulted in the destruction of nearly 110,000 jobs elsewhere in the economy, or 2.2 jobs for every job created.

Yikes! Between the $30,000 GM golf carts we will be driving in a few years, and the "green economy", we are in dire straits.

[edit: this is supposed to be in another thread, whoops]

Great information but can you please provide your source so I can read the entire piece?

Thanks

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
You do not own your home, you only hold possession which is 9/10ths, the other tenth is owned by Creditors or Title companies...

Very true.

I was a Realtor for over 7 years back east. Until you have completely paid it off they can come calling. Your equity is the only real buffer you have from being broke if they do. You can sell the property then pay out what you owe and take the rest. That's "IF" you haven't borrowed against it.

Here's the kicker even after you have paid off your home you still have to pay tax on your own property so in essence it never really is yours so to speak, for example I bought my new 52" TV lock, stock and barrel. I don't pay anymore taxes on it. It's considered personal property. However you better pay your property taxers or they'll come and take it away uh ha.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thats only partially correct as long as you pay taxes, property taxes you are giving up your soverinety to an outside grantor of responsibility, and the true trust is still held in the trust company.

There are steps that can be taken to buy back the trust, but this is not the time nor the place for this discussion...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I'm all for either restoring the glory of American virtue or reigning in a new evolved version but I'm simply afraid that will require a rather serious "discomfort" for Americans. I don't want people to suffer but that is exactly what happens in order to sustain this current system. So why not suffer a bit to purge our current system of some of its major flaws? Originally I was only implying that for the majority of Americans to say no and resist this tyrannical system they must overcome their own complaisance. And this, I fear, can only come about after they have really been shaken up- ie face a complete dislocation from their current situation of false security.
As an odd example, a friend of mine started working on a farm where clothing is optional. At first she wasn't all that comfortable about being naked in front of others but after a period of slight discomfort she enjoys the liberating comfort of growing veggies without clothes and I'm sure she's far more comfortable about her self-image. The point is that not only can you make lemonade from lemons but also that it is necessary to have lemons in the first place. I can understand if this seems rather weak- I'm not even sure if it makes sense.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The Mighty Dollar!
We still dominate the world's currency even running our printing presses in overtime. If you are an American be proud. Be strong.

Everybody cuts down the dollar. Tells you it will be worthless in a few months. Blah Blah Blah.

How about looking at the facts and STOP listening to fear mongers!

Comparing apples to apples, if you look at two independent investments - one based on gold and the other base on the dollar, how much do you think gold out performed the dollar over the past year?

Easily 10-30% right?. In fact, you probably think the dollar lost 20-30% make gold a much much better investment?

COMPLETELY WRONG

The dollar actually beat gold as an investment over the past year. It beat the stock market, silver, diamonds, oil, the Yuan (Chinese currency), real estate, and most other investments. Wow

Just take a look at this Yahoo Chart

Here is the symbol key:

GLD = Gold ETF Index
UUP = Dollar Bull ETF Index
DJI = Dow Jones ETF index
USO = US Oil ETF Index
CYB = Chinese Yuan ETF Index
SLV = Silver ETF Index

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I was watching this docu again [its from 2005!]

Interesting to note is whether private speculators will make such a move that causes a free fall, off course nobody wants that [be too late to sell]..
And that at a certain point the EU, Japan and CHina will usher for a new exhange rate with a stronger dollar making their export cheaper, such a point will mean conflict between the US and the rest of the world...Other option is for the birth of the Amero, but i wonder how strong that will be?

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

They hold actual TITLE, different deal.

But equity is different from sovereignty, in the same way that you might own your house, doesn't mean you can declare yourself a separate country.

If you take full responsibilty for among other things your property then you can in fact own it. Otherwise it can be taken from you at any moment by those that hold the legal title not you who simply owns equitable title.

You're trying to make a false distinction between actual TITLE, as you call it, and equitable title, as you call it.

There is no difference.

Ownership, in whatever legal form, doesn't confer soveriegnty.

One country can own as much land, whatever, in another country as the seller country is willing to sell. That doesn't doesn't give the buying country sovereignty.

Even if there is some black letter statute from the 18th century which you say, it has been superceded by common law, the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and numerous international sovereignty and border agreements to which the US is a signatory.

You might have an answer to this, but the fact is you're denying the above process ocurred, as a matter of historical record.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The original article is incorrect and hasn't been updated. Here is a more recent news article: Dollar still the top reserve currency .

On another note, a weaker US dollar isn't necessary a bad thing. A year ago or so, when the dollar was significantly weaker than now, manufacturing jobs got a pretty substantial boost.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by themightydollar

wow are misinformed. you fall under the problem side of this issue, the debtors idealism and security.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No Chinese or Russian central bank will ever admit they're switching to other reserve currencies for that would jeapordise their existing Dollar assets. Just as the US claims they still backing a strong dollar policy[also not to jeapordise the foreign assets] while destroying their currency and US exports only benefit from a weaker currency, its not bout what the MSM tells you, its the forces behind all these..mostly private speculators..

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Nobody is going to switch to a currency run by an authoritarian one party system that offers barely any financial transparency at all (China).

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Once we outsourced the computer hardware business to foreign countries its been a slow downhill economic decline.

The FDIC has just announced a one time single additional fee to all member banks today. I believe that signals there is no money left after bailing out GMAC and that Bank in Florida.

Thank goodness my house if paid off!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Excellent point.

I honestly don't understand why people are freaking out on the issue of trade the US is still a big dog. So do to market changes vs the cost of labor, products and services we see some reshuffling of production. The EU and Germany have been ahead of the US nobody seems to worry about them? But if you bring up China "oh my" then it's time to call out the fire brigade.
Take Germany out of the EU and those figures jump China and the US up a notch.

So now if we add Canada and Mexico to the equation as part of a North American Union then those figures drastically change back into American Favor. Which is exactly what the NWO elites want.

World Exports Source

$ 16,280,000,000,000 World

$ 2,132,800,000,000 [Possible] North American Union

$ 1,952,000,000,000 European Union

$ 1,530,000,000,000 Germany

$ 1,465,000,000,000 China

$ 1,377,000,000,000 United States

$ 776,800,000,000 Japan

$ 761,000,000,000 France

$ 566,100,000,000 Italy

$ 537,500,000,000 Netherlands

$ 476,000,000,000 Russia

$ 468,700,000,000 United Kingdom

$ 461,800,000,000 Canada

$ 294,000,000,000 Mexico

[edit on 22-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

agreed

You're trying to make a false distinction between actual TITLE, as you call it, and equitable title, as you call it.

legal title is the only title which is free title. all others are worthless pieces of paper given to slaves to work the land.

Even if there is some black letter statute from the 18th century which you say, it has been superceded by common law, the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and numerous international sovereignty and border agreements to which the US is a signatory.

1789 Constitution was a negotiable debt intrument which the national debt was attached to. The King of england as a third party stepped in and agreed to pay the debt and legal title over the national governments property, hence a Democracy was formed as the national gov. lost its sovereinty via international bankruptcy.

International bankruptsy lasts 70 years and at the end of the 70 years the debt is due. The States had at that point signed on as sureities for the debt.

1811 Congress decided not to renew the bank of the Us and so ended the 7 years of its existence.

1812 brittian took possession of all the federal courts which hold all the titles.

You might have an answer to this, but the fact is you're denying the above process ocurred, as a matter of historical record.

It is time to come up with real soultions to our problems instead of creating more dishonerable debt and squandering our surplus on false pretenses , you would agree correct?

edit because I cant spell

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Maybe this is a good thing for America, we have set at the top for a long time with no real challenger, maybe if we took a few lumps like we are taking now, was as a people will finally stand up and retake the nation so we can restore our rightfully place as one of the many world leaders. Until then we will conitune to take this lumps and the only people who are going to be hurt is are fellow countrymen.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

You know, some other members and I were stating this would happen back around in 2004, and many members were claiming this would never happen. The Communist Chinese Party has stated that they will do the same thing, but even when evidence was presened to members here about the statements made by government officials from Russia, and China, still many claimed something like "China will never do this to their best customers, nor will Russia", yet here we are.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We need to finally pay the piper and let the chips fall as they may. We can then and only then be able to honorably start over and PAY off the debts!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A very untrue thread title. How can someone be 'dumping' yet holding 40+% for the foreseeable future? "Dumping" is not a fair synonym for 'continuing to gradually diversify over the course of decades.' Holding more Euros than dollars was a milestone, but it happened a while back.

Given Russia's location, it's natural for them to hold more Euros. That they held so many dollars for so long tells you how much of a basket case Europe has been. But of course a country right next to Europe should be heavy on Euros, they need them to do business with their next door neighbor.

Consider how much the Russians all hate the US. They wouldn't hold dollar 1 if they could. Yet they are at 40+% with no real way to get away from the dollar in sight.

reply to post by themightydollar

wow are misinformed. you fall under the problem side of this issue, the debtors idealism and security.

Lol you forgot to include arguments against his very relevant points. If this is your habit, then you fall on the problem side of EVERY issue. Surely you can do better. He made an actual argument with economic facts to back him up. Give it a try yourself if you want to earn some stars like themightydollar did for contributing good points to the discussion.

The Euros are 1) like most of the significant non-US economies, far too export oriented and 2) substantially more reliant on the sale of very high end technical products and luxuries than the US. The US makes this stuff too, but our configuration is just less reliant on it.

As an export driven economy, a stronger Euro wrecks their competitiveness. Remember when the Euro rose too much against the dollar, and all of a sudden the Airbus A380 was a money loser? It was the most valuable aircraft contract EVER at that point (sale to Dubai) and they were going to LOSE money on every plane. The only solution was to switch some production to the UK and the 'dollar zone' (lol they were too embarrassed to say 'to the USA').

The US economy is much more balanced by comparison. We still make a lot of very basic industrial chemicals and supplies. Our exports are more geared to things people can't do without, even in a recession. They include things like food, tractors, and medicine. Again, I'm obviously not saying the Euros don't produce that stuff as well, just that the US is more specced in that direction, and that our production in some of these resilient areas is more naturally competitive(most notably, agriculture).

Remember, productivity gains (machines, computers) have destroyed far more jobs than foreign workers. There is still a lot more economic activity in the US than people tend to think.

China...well their government is going to keep telling their people to blame the US as things get worse over there. Will the people really be placated by that? Will they stay at home and politely starve to death? I think things will definitely get bad over there before they get anywhere near as bad here in the US. We can work for less and still have a decent standard of living. The Chinese have no such wiggle room.

And there is already too much capital in China: it will only get harder to generate a return there. The English Rothschilds have been much more focused on India for ~half a decade now because it is much less saturated with capital. The excessive investment in China is driving inflation and could pop like a bubble.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by 11andrew34]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join