It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Dumps the U.S. Dollar for Euro as Reserve Currency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

I'm sorry, but I get SO sick of hearing about the extravagant lifestyles of Americans....blah blah blah. Are there SOME Americans living excessively and WAY beyond their means? Yup. Bet you have some too. Here's the thing:

There are also Americans, who, like myself, struggle to pay our bills, don't vacation, don't send our kids to private schools, and don't get new clothes every season!! And guess what? I'm considered Middle Class!! I would have loved to have 5, 6 or even 8 kids -- but guess what? I AM NOT because I KNOW we can't afford it!!

And I really resent you implying that it will be a good thing if Americans have trouble getting food, shelter, etc. I don't know where you live but I can guarantee at some point YOUR COUNTRY received aide from the US ! Don't be so quick to bite the hand that once probably fed you. And wishing famine on ANYONE, I don't care who you are and where you are from...it's just WRONG!

Are there things wrong with the US? Hell yeah! But to group all Americans together like that is terribly wrong. There are good people here too that want change, want to end poverty, live peacefully with all nations, etc. etc.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I apologize for not being as articulate as I perhaps could have been. I myself am a flaming libertarian Midwest American. My personal income has never been above 20K so I know what American poverty is about- and the answer is ... it's awesome. This country doesn't know what poverty is. A homeless person in America can obtain food and shelter fairly easily. We have many public facilities and institutions available for their disposal and utilization. But these are the institutions that our feudal leaders have "graciously" bestowed upon us. The fact of the matter is we take what they give us or what "trickles down" to the slaves, the useless eaters. We are a nation of pampered slaves and let me tell you- poverty gets a whole lot deeper than in America. Many but not all Americans have yet to wake up to their own reality- that they are pampered slaves and when you remove the pampering- its quite unpleasant.

The only reason I think it would be a good thing would be because many (not all) Americans still (AMAZINGLY) wallow in near-total ignorance to their true capacities in this global society and that if it is going to take a few broken eggs to change to a free and just society wherein your labor amounts to your fruits so be it. I think you and I and many others could agree we are facing perilous times for America and all of its wonderful citizens BUT what were the ratings for American Idol(atry) the other night? Let the masses have their opiates- it only means they are slaves with opiates.
Incoherent rant done.

PS: I know you thought I wasn't American and my comments upset you but I would ask you to research poverty in other countries- you might be surprised how bad some non-Americans have it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

I'm sorry, but I get SO sick of hearing about the extravagant lifestyles of Americans....blah blah blah. Are there SOME Americans living excessively and WAY beyond their means? Yup. Bet you have some too. Here's the thing:

There are also Americans, who, like myself, struggle to pay our bills, don't vacation, don't send our kids to private schools, and don't get new clothes every season!! And guess what? I'm considered Middle Class!! I would have loved to have 5, 6 or even 8 kids -- but guess what? I AM NOT because I KNOW we can't afford it!!

And I really resent you implying that it will be a good thing if Americans have trouble getting food, shelter, etc. I don't know where you live but I can guarantee at some point YOUR COUNTRY received aide from the US ! Don't be so quick to bite the hand that once probably fed you. And wishing famine on ANYONE, I don't care who you are and where you are from...it's just WRONG!

Are there things wrong with the US? Hell yeah! But to group all Americans together like that is terribly wrong. There are good people here too that want change, want to end poverty, live peacefully with all nations, etc. etc.

I agree with you here, i just red an article about the cost of studies at universities in the US compared with Europe. Although the US universities are known to be better, its absurd how much money people have to put away in the US for their kids or themselves[10 to 20K!], same with health care..And the more easily the government spends theirmoney on the military, tough for the people but so much of a tough decision for government?...nah

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Really this is a positive step towards the new technology in future commerce. The centralisation of moneys is the only logical direction to take the power and greed from the few and placing it back in the hands of the individual, but with that new way of trade will be new responsibility for the individual.

It is however a bit early in the game for a move like this to be taken on the part of russia, they cannot force the process too early in its conception and while still holding the base of their intent in lower frequencies and of communisim.

It will not bring the desired change to their currencies but instead drag the old ways into the future of commerce and trade.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If the majority of American's don't wake up - they are about to be left in the dust holding nothing but worthless paper.

There was some other information I read about this morning - where it seems the serious and Real S is about to HTF! Very soon - if the implications from various market moves are indications of what is happening, even sooner than others had expected!

People need to stop the attitude "of the U.S. is the best and no one is going to mess with us or our dollar". It is the blind following that will shock people very soon.

S and F for you!!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

THE DOLLAR IS USELESS already! It is a joke to think that it is worth anything after all the 'bailouts' we are BROKE!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

And yet so many people go about their daily monotonies without asking how such events have the potential to effect them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Right on and in doing so place their responsibilities on the same ones they ask for a soulution.

You cant ask your servant for the soultions but this is the state we are in right now. all they can give is more corruption, control and indebtedness.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Russia is not insane.

Perhaps they are actually looking at what is going on with the dollar and particularly the US economy.

President Obama and his party's majority rule over the nation during an extreme time of recession has capitalized on that supreme power to push through spending plans, agendas including what amounts to a fatal blow to many industries all to go "green".

The United States of America is dying, and the reckless spending, bailouts, tighter controls over the private sector, the green agenda, record unemployment, severe economic decline despite all efforts to slow or stop it, among other issues including national security are going to reduce the USA and its dollar to third world status.

Dumping the dollar now would likely be a good move.

Oh well, baring some miracle or changes soon, when it all breaks down, we can all at least take comfort in the fact that we will always have something in our pockets or billfolds to wipe our asses with.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Does this mean I can buy stuff on U.S. Ebay via Paypal with my euros and get a really good deal on the exchange rate again?

Woo-hoo!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Since 1782 when the National government (Republic) went to the states and asked them to foot the bill for the revolutionary war and the states in turn handed over their sovereignty in place of payment of the debt, set the stage for our current state of oppression and loss of sovereignty.

We are no longer operating as a Republic, our constitution was created as a security with sureties and we began passing our debt onto a third party.
We were only a republic for 7 years, until the time to pay and we sold ourselves and our freedoms to the king of England. he gladly bought the debt and legal title over National governments property and democracy was formed.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What the... that's great news for the US economy.

For the Russians to increase their Euro holdings, devaluing the dollar.

The lower the USD, the less the US has to pay China and Japan on their trillions in debt, the more positive commodity markets will respond.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Perhaps, however look at the fact that china and others now have the legal right to enter us soil for control of their titles if we get testy.

Look at Iraq. They were a loose cannon and the outcome was severe.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
reply to post by lpowell0627

I apologize for not being as articulate as I perhaps could have been. I myself am a flaming libertarian Midwest American. My personal income has never been above 20K so I know what American poverty is about- and the answer is ... it's awesome. This country doesn't know what poverty is. A homeless person in America can obtain food and shelter fairly easily. We have many public facilities and institutions available for their disposal and utilization. But these are the institutions that our feudal leaders have "graciously" bestowed upon us. The fact of the matter is we take what they give us or what "trickles down" to the slaves, the useless eaters. We are a nation of pampered slaves and let me tell you- poverty gets a whole lot deeper than in America. Many but not all Americans have yet to wake up to their own reality- that they are pampered slaves and when you remove the pampering- its quite unpleasant.

The only reason I think it would be a good thing would be because many (not all) Americans still (AMAZINGLY) wallow in near-total ignorance to their true capacities in this global society and that if it is going to take a few broken eggs to change to a free and just society wherein your labor amounts to your fruits so be it. I think you and I and many others could agree we are facing perilous times for America and all of its wonderful citizens BUT what were the ratings for American Idol(atry) the other night? Let the masses have their opiates- it only means they are slaves with opiates.
Incoherent rant done.

PS: I know you thought I wasn't American and my comments upset you but I would ask you to research poverty in other countries- you might be surprised how bad some non-Americans have it.

I would love to talk more with you in private sometime please u2u me if you are interested, you have my attention and respect.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

If the majority of American's don't wake up - they are about to be left in the dust holding nothing but worthless paper.

Exactly right trade in your gold for worthless paper. You've all seen the commercials. I wonder how many more tonnes they can squeeze out of us to bolster the economy?

Official gold reserves

Rank Country/Organization Gold

Gold
(tonnes)

8,133.5 The United States of America
3,412.6 Germany
2,508.8 France
2,451.8 Italy
1,054.0 People's Republic of China
1,040.1 Switzerland

[edit on 22-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Perhaps, however look at the fact that china and others now have the legal right to enter us soil for control of their titles if we get testy.

Look at Iraq. They were a loose cannon and the outcome was severe.

Equity doesn't imply sovereignty.

Look at the swathes of national park in the west that Nixon used as collateral for his loans to fund Vietnam. He was quite the real estate guy, Tricky.

But equity is different from sovereignty, in the same way that you might own your house, doesn't mean you can declare yourself a separate country.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
I believe this is huge, as well.

A while back, I read an article alleging that one of the reasons we invaded Iraq for the second time was that Saddam had announced that Iraq's oil would be traded in Euros, rather than dollars.

I was thinking the exact same thing! But, of course, we KNOW we can't just go into Russia like we did w/ Iraq without suffering extremely dire consequences.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

We can agree that MOST Americans don't know what real poverty is, but there certainly are those that do. Been to New Orleans lately? How about Detroit? Miami, maybe?

I just think that wishing famine, homelessness, etc. on anyone is wrong. Further, turning your back on your country and encouraging its demise is also counter-productive. I love this country, not for what it is now, but for what it COULD be, or should be. We seem to have lost our way. But I for one would like to be part of getting it back on track, not watching more people suffer for the sake of saying "told you so".

PS - I wrote this while you were responding, not after. I will u2u. Thank you.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

i heard this was going to happen on the alex jones radio show and here it is! this is gonna mean...well...i wish i had gold and silver...too bad im too poor

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemoglobin

You are not poor that is just more of the same illusion that has been taught to you and all the other people who have some undestanding to aquire about the potential for our future in abundance and true freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join