It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Are Stupid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
artisticexpression.wordpress.com...

How can man put a price on something natural, on something produced by nature? What makes gold so valuable to humans? Is it not in the same league as a random rock one can come across anywhere? Both are products of nature, and if one thinks of it, the only value gold has over a random rock is the value humans put on it. In the universe we’re all equal, but in humanity for some reason things have to be seperated, and better and worse than others.

How can a man see such drastic differences between himself and another of a darker, or lighter skin tone, or someone of a different sexual orientation or religious belief. All that we see, feel is natural, (how can a natural universe produce something unnatural?) but the differences we think we see are all manmade illusions that still have a large portion of humanity fooled.

How can man put a price on basic human needs like food, and deny health care to other humans who have not the money to pay for it?. Putting a price on such things has caused people to die of starvation, of treatable sicknesses, to die of things that others could cure with a simple doctor visit, and therefore take for granted.

How can Americans dedicate a day to and celebrate a murderer, torcherer, executioner, theif, and psychotic killer who kickstarted the rapid murder of Native Americans (I refuse to call them Indians, a name which they were given by their murderer due to his incompetence) on their own land? This man is of course Christopher Columbus. This man was a barbarian, yet we dedicate a day to him and view him as a hero? We allow our school system to teach our children half-truths, and to see this beast as a good man. We put him in the same light as men such as Martin Luther King who furthered the advancement of human rights, men who actually changed a misled people’s way of life for the good. Basically, as I’ve constantly said and have been repetitively reminded, humans are #ing stupid.

I cannot help but think maybe a New World Order, or a one world nation would, instead of destroying humanity as conspiracy theorists believe, would be the best thing that could happen to mankind. It’s not something I’ve thoroughly thought through, but it is a nice idea. A one world nation, because we are literally one world anyway, why not act like it? A one world nation run by the educated, and intelligent minority who know first hand the troubles that plague the common majority. Perhaps its just a dream, and perhaps the world will always be run by crooked individuals who care not for the less fortunate, but only for their own pleasure.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I don't think humans are plain "stupid", I just think that we have been manipulated by either internal, or external groups who understand human psychology. I just created a post that talks about how humanity may be enslaved by an Extra Terrestrial race of beings. It can be found here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

I agree we are stupid. You would think the most valuable things would be food, water, and shelter. You cant eat gold.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You know what Burroughs said, "Language is a virus from outer space."

I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine...

I have to keep reminding myself, because I can never remember, to not think in words! But in the shapes and patterns that things really are and take, including myself.

We have been manipulated out of our original state but it would be damned hard to get so many corrupted people back to it, you know that.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It is sometimes said that the traits needed to attain power and the traits needed to maintain power are different...This is why so many stubborn business or political leaders -- or great warrior-dictators of history, for that matter -- end up self-destructing. They cannot remove from their own characters the pigheadedness and stubborness, or perhaps the violence and impulsive aggressiveness, that helped them claw their ways to the top. Once they get to the top, a different set of values is needed...finesse, nuance, subtlty. Often lacking these traits, successful leaders frequently cannot maintain their hold on power for long.

Maybe the same is true for humanity as a whole. The evolutionary traits that allowed us to scramble to the top of the food chain are, perhaps, not the same traits we need now to survive in a complex world of our own making.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
While I would like to classify a lot of people as being stupid, I shall not.
I will however offer the following.
Humans are delusional and convinced of their own superiority, even amongst ourselves.
We have this notion that the value of something means a price tag, including human life. This is the most absurd view of things as far as I am concerned.
Though upon contemplation of this, one must realize the tremendous effort that went into making the rest of us view the world in such a way. it is nothing short of genius, to brainwash people into this particular system and structure.
So in that respect, I would not call humans stupid at all.
Megalomaniacal, delusional, and lazy, fit more appropriately.
Stupid, far from it. Look at the influences that make you feel this way. You have been manipulated.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Your headline says :
Humans Are Stupid

This is a really 'hot' topic, as people will react very strongly one way or t' other ...

But, beyond all that, your OP 'begs the question' -

Stupid, compared to what ?

Now, if you want to bring the discussion down to 'culture,' then we've got some basis of comparison ...

To wit -

Are some cultures 'smarter' than others ?

There's something we can talk about ...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Humans only know what they experience. That is, what they see, hear, touch, taste, smell. Anything outside of that is kind of speculation, because it can always be doubted. Some humans even doubt what they experience. So who knows, but I do think that humans are inherently "stupid" although I'm not sure what level we can compare our intelligence to. For a mass of tissues that is so similar to that of what we consider an "animal" like a chimpanzee, humans are surely more pompous, but probably don't actually know much more about how to behave or act.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

I think there is a bigger distinction when you compare an individual with a group of people.

Like Agent K says on "Men in Black," a person is smart, but people are stupid.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Our choices are limited, they are not multifaceted.

Each moment we have on this planet is the choice to be positive or negative in nature,nothing more than that.

Many humans waver back and forth in that energy.

Some strive in one direction or the other... are they both rewarded in some way?

Does a person that is negative suffer when something bad happens to them? Does a person that is "stupid" suffer less than a person that is "enlightened".

There is suffering,everyone suffers.
That is the nature of our existence.

You have a choice and it's yours alone to make.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

The OP says :
Humans Are Stupid

My point was simply that there's really no convenient way to discuss this, since it's an 'absolute' statement.

Now, if we 'compare' the west with east, for instance, or the moderns with the ancients, or whatever, then we can debate 'whos smarter than who.'

Otherwise, there's really no way to 'handle the issue.'

Certainly, the intelligence of people in general could be criticized for doing obviously stupid things like killing the coral reefs with atomic testing, destroying large numbers of themselves in ridiculous wars, basing their economies on modes of industry and transportation which are so inefficient they are poisoning the very environment we depend on for life, etc, etc ...

But, that stupidity is obvious. There's really nothing much to 'discuss' on that issue ...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

How can man put a price on something natural, on something produced by nature? What makes gold so valuable to humans? Is it not in the same league as a random rock one can come across anywhere? Both are products of nature, and if one thinks of it, the only value gold has over a random rock is the value humans put on it.

The irony is that many value gold over human life and would literally kill to get their hands on it.

Originally posted by aeroslag
I don't think humans are plain "stupid", I just think that we have been manipulated by either internal, or external groups who understand human psychology.

Good point and one that few realise.

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
Our choices are limited, they are not multifaceted.

Each moment we have on this planet is the choice to be positive or negative in nature,nothing more than that.

Many humans waver back and forth in that energy.

Some strive in one direction or the other... are they both rewarded in some way?

Does a person that is negative suffer when something bad happens to them? Does a person that is "stupid" suffer less than a person that is "enlightened".

There is suffering,everyone suffers.
That is the nature of our existence.

You have a choice and it's yours alone to make.

Ah the illusion of choice on this planet, such a misconception. Perhaps people wouldn't appear so stupid if they only realised that one of the keys to happines is in increasing ones choices in life. This should be hard coded into any declarations and every nations mindset as a matter of course.

More choice = more freedom = faster progression = more knowledge = greater happiness and sense of fulfilment.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan

Originally posted by AlexG141989

How can man put a price on something natural, on something produced by nature? What makes gold so valuable to humans? Is it not in the same league as a random rock one can come across anywhere? Both are products of nature, and if one thinks of it, the only value gold has over a random rock is the value humans put on it.

The irony is that many value gold over human life and would literally kill to get their hands on it.

Gold is precious to the Ancient Ones. When offered ritually, the Annunaki literally swarm all over it like a cloud of beautiful shining killer bees. Burnished gold is the ultimate material for scrying. Look deep within the reflections on its surface and it becomes a gateway to so many different destinations.

Gold represents the nexus between the spiritual and the material. It is the most spiritual element (look at all the religious art that uses gold in all times and places) and it is the most material, in that it is an ancient and nearly universal medium for trade.

An absolutely amazing metal.
Absolutely amazing.

I can (and have) spent literally hours and hours simply staring at it, contemplating its splendor.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Yes, humans are stupid - we are like a flock of sheep being herded into the abattoir.

But we have no excuse, unlike those poor sheep - we have been given a BRAIN.

Why don't we use it?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Humans are monkeys!. Humans manifest answers for everything. Extra terrestrial to anything you can imagine.

Humans constantly wants to stop thinking by thinking constantly.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Gold is awesome because it is created inside of Stars!

I tried to do more research into the formation of Gold and came up with one WILD claim! Listen to this one.

Where does gold come from? Part 1

Astronomers now suggest that the heaviest elements such as gold, platinum, and palladium may have been formed in the early universe as a result of neutron star collisions. These neutron-rich explosions caused by the spiraling together of neutron stars were the most powerful explosions in the universe, and probably accounted for the formation of the neutron-rich heavy elements such as gold.

Dr. Stephen Rosswog from the University of Leicester in England described this in an April 5th interview on National Public Radio (U.S.):

“This is a collision of a special kind of stars. They have masses like our sun, approximately, but a diameter of, say, 20 kilometers or something, so it’s superdense. So one teaspoon of material has a weight of billions of tons. When they collide and eject material and this material becomes decompressed, this is just an ideal environment for the formation of these heavy elements.”

All matter on Earth, and the rest of the universe, is the remnants or ashes of these cosmic events. We’ve known for a while that solitary explosions of supernovas were the source of elements such as carbon, and now it seems that the collisions of supernovas are the likely source of gold and the heavy elements of the platinum group.

Sauced from

www.onlygold.com...(April_13_2001).asp

People are wearing NEUTRON STAR COLLISIONS around their fingers, necks, wrists and ears or anywhere else gold jewelry would be worn.

That is crazy! What are the odds of two Neutron stars colliding and then for that collision residue (gold) to wind up here on Earth? Pretty awesome.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

The universe is truly awe-inspiring no matter where you look, if you only look carefully enough. It's amazing to me how long we will go along with life with all these familiar things before we start understanding how amazing they really are, especially our bodies.

top topics

join