It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC's Warrantless Household Searches Alarm Experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

FCC's Warrantless Household Searches Alarm Experts

www.wired.com

You may not know it, but if you have a wireless router, a cordless phone, remote car-door opener, baby monitor or cellphone in your house, the FCC claims the right to enter your home without a warrant at any time of the day or night in order to inspect it.

That’s the upshot of the rules the agency has followed for years to monitor licensed television and radio stations, and to crack down on pirate radio broadcasters. And the commission maintains the same policy applies to any licensed or unlicensed radio-frequency device.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is really scary in my opinion. Almost everybody I know is currently using Wi-Fi or has children and uses a baby monitor. There are plenty of other things I'm sure they could claim gives them the right to enter any premises. And if you object? Well then, I guess you're breaking the law.

So I guess this is another step towards the formerly unbelievable plan that is now so obvious with every passing law, bill, or war. And I'm sure this isnt the last of it either.

I hope I'm not the only person who objects to this. (lol). I'm sure you all would have liked to hear about this, so whats your take on it?

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Man, I've always wanted to operate a pirate radio station. I have a fourth story apartment that would be perfect to broadcast out of. The interstate's right out my window too.

"You're listening to WMPR, Madison Pirate Radio. That was a 2003 interview with Noam Chomsky, but it's time to kick off rush hour with some Rage Against The Machine. Enjoy."

MBF

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I guess they can come into my house any time they want to. Walking out may be a problem though.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Once again Contractual Law regulating Commerce supercedes the Constitution.

America needs to realize we are being governed by corporations for a profit and the political process that takes place in Washington is just a sham that the only thing it ever does for the people is give them the illusion we are responsible and in control over them by allowing us to vote for the politicians who are going to do nothing but aid the corporations in securing every contractual advantage in dealing with us, their customers.

You have as good a chance curring this problem talking to a Customer Service Rep in India than you do a U.S. Congressional Rep in Washington in my humble oppinion.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Duplicate Thread

Please post in the ongoing discussion...

On going thread

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join