It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Census idiot in my driveway threatening the police

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I heard the Target department stores are selling front doors with built in GPS. When you open and close the door, it causes Google maps to shake a little bit. One night I stood on the front porch opening and closing my door until the pizza delivery guy arrived, swerving, and he told me he felt a little seasick.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted, hope it is not a repeat.

crypto.stanford.edu...

This is a study that had come out of stanford about how effective it is to have 2 known data points on any person in order to be able to track anyone.

If they know your work place, and they can get the coordinates for your home, they can basically tie that to about anything about you. Those two data points open the door to blasting your privacy to heck and back.

I think of this every time this census thing comes up. It isn't about bombs going through your front door. It's about someone wanting everyone identified and under their thumb and ready to be summoned. Someone's wanting to be God.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
First. Hi to all, this is my first post!!! I have lurked here for jeesh.... maybe 10 years lol... I don't know, seems that way. Anyway back to the topic. I feel very strongly about this issue. If somebody I do not know comes on my land they have about a 80 percent chance of being shot. I live in a nice home 300K or so, and to get to our home you need to cover about 1 mile of gated road. They better come down my road with their hands held high, and alone. This is one of those plans that work great in Chicago or NYC. It is a little tougher out here in the real America to just walk up to a house and knock on doors.

Bad idea given the fact almost 2 million guns were sold just last month.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Or did he look like this

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I think the occurences of "drive-by house-shootings" is going to slowly rise as Obama gets his "ACORN" neighborhood programs going. The Government will eventually pick off those who have power in opposing it and disguise it as "random crime".

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is better than reality TV! I wish you had asked to see his gold thing and taken it inside and photo copied it. Would be interesting to see what it looks like. Hmm -- why do they want to GPS a house?

1. Faster than entering a street address and for the moment more accurate.
2. Can be used to track changes in ground movement over time.
3. Can be sold to Dominos on the ruse of speeding pizza delivery.
4. Great for the postal service when it begins teleporting packages
5. Makes it easier for blind dogs to find their way home.
6. ?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I've been reading this thread and others concerning the census takers. I believe they're just doing their jobs to pay the bills and the vast majority of them are oblivious to any conspiracies. However, it left me wondering why there's such a huge rush to get the gps data in the first place. Sure, the census is right around the corner, but why July 09? Especially after reading that our (the U.S.'s) own GPS system is supposed to begin failing by 2010. So why the rush? You can read up on that here:

PC World

Then there's the issue of the United Nations. I'm not sure what they have to do with our own country's census. Read through this 2004 pdf regarding the U.N. and our 2010 census:

U.N.

Am I reading something wrong in there? Scroll down to Section V, Paragraph 20, on page 7. Are they talking about our 2010 census? If so, then why are they involved in it? Then again, I guess they could be talking about census of other countries and not ours.

Again, I think the census takers themselves aren't bad people and are only trying to pay the bills.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The census information collected is pretty boring. It is used by local, state and federal government for planning.

I am concerned with the government needing funds, non cooperation fines might be enforced. The link is to an article that says that the top fine can be as high as $5,000.

Article on Fines

The article points out that a census worker can ask for you social security number. Given identity theft, how do you feel about handing that out to a Acorn worker who signed up voters?

I don't mind filling out a form and returning it in the mail, but I am totally not with handing out my social security to some stranger on this temp job.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm struggling to see what harm is being done by GPS'ing your front door or any other part of your property? Hardly like they are wanting to install video cameras in your front room or anything??

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by A52FWY
I don't mind filling out a form and returning it in the mail, but I am totally not with handing out my social security to some stranger on this temp job.

and who do you think does all the work inputting / tabullating and collating the cencus data ?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The GPS "Tracking" of front-doors is just a reading of GPS coordinates - it isn't an actual tracking device (i.e. transmitter) afixed to the front door. Some statements are giving the wrong impression.

The purpose is to clearly pinpoint the main point of entry (or close enough) so that statistical analysis of householder details can be cross referenced with geographical locations. The idea is to get the location longitude and latitude as accurate as possible. Clearly, some census takers are overstepping the mark in their interpretation of accuracy.

With geographic coordinates referencing households, a complex virtual model of population densities can easily be produced. It can also be used to model behavioural patterns based on geographic location, such as the political orientation of particular streets, the predominance of illegal activity with any given area and of course, the movements of people against registered address

There are a whole host of activities one can perform when you have accurate geographic data. You could use satellite imagery to perform this operation but it wouldn't be as accurate since operators would have to "guess" where the front door is, also, they would have to determine whether a "building" is in fact a multiple residence and so on. So much easier to have people on the ground performing the mapping for real.

Using this data to ensure that a missile can enter through the front door is a nonsense, targeted house demolition could easily be performed by ground operations - stealth deployment of demo charges if required. The data will be used for statistical analysis to generate sophisticated demographic details.

Now, whether this is a good idea or not is another thing. Atomic power seemed like a good idea until it was put into a bomb and dropped. The list of uses is endless, for instance, you could create new household related tax regimes based on the data, you could deploy policing more efficiently based on the demographic and yes, you could deploy troops more efficiently in the case of an emergency. Whether than emergency is real or a government creation is of course another thing.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it is a really useful model for tracking the spread and effect of chemical and biological agents, whether natural (i.e. Swine Flu) or as the result of warfare. It can also be used to model the effects of such weapons more accurately if used in aggression.

BTW, I have spent the majority of my professional career in data analysis and the deployment of network path algorithms. This a a census taker's wet dream!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by SugarCube]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
reply to post by BASSPLYR

You tell ME why they MUST tag the front door. Is it so they can shoot a missle at the front door without having to bother sending in the troops? You tell me.

YES!

That is exactly why.. Exactly..

Exactly why places like ATS are considered loony bins by anyone who cares to look.

God almighty..

Thread after thread I read more and more scared posts. And the problem is, you have to believe everything or else you are "part of the conspiracy" - PLEASE.

OOh who am I kidding, as someone said recently "There is not a soul who will persuade me otherwise..."

That is sad.

anyhoo, tinfoil hats on, the man is listetning......

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

i was thinking that as well, seems most strange, gps on people or cars woudl be possible, but a door, or maybe only moves a few feet max!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Jeez...what is it...Acorn doing census work now?

Here's what I'd do if I came home and found a GPS attached to my front door. I'd remove it, then walk over to the interstate bridge and throw it in the road to be smashed and mangled. Of course, if I had two dogs like yours, I'd let them have it for a chew toy. Seriously, if they were to attach something to someone's door (say for instance I am at work all day) what's to stop someone from removing it?

I had not heard of this and I will definitly watch for some goon knocking on our door.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 281011

I wonder what else the so called GPS is capable of besides being a GPS. If in fact it is a GPS.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 281011

I wonder what else the so called GPS is capable of besides being a GPS. If in fact it is a GPS.
Sorry double post...please delete!

[edit on 5/22/09 by opal13]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The GPS isn't something attached to your door.

It is used to determine and record the Longitude and Latitude numbers which describe the exact location on the planet of your door.

Interestingly the 10 to 30 feet accuracy requirement for your door, exactly matches the accuracy of a GPS guided smart bomb.
Which is accurate from 10 to 30 feet from the precise target.

The GPS guided smart bomb, does contain a GPS receiver, however it will not be of any use to you if they send you one!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

This is the absolute ONLY logical reason for them to NEED to GPS the front door and not the garage door, gate, driveway enterance, etc. THE ONLY REASON. WAKE UP AMERICA.

How about visual tracking of the occupants,

The main reason to find out how many people live at a particular address might be so they can watch a "targets" front door via satellite surveillance and when they know you're all out.....nip in and plant a bug.

Then, the whole of America can be spied on with ease.

Mad eh?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Neither the census guy NOR the sheriff pulled into our actual driveway. They stayed parked in the street. The sheriff Deputy exited his truck and census jerk was talking to him with his hands flailing everywhere. The cop just stood there. Then I saw the cop get back into his truck and sit there for a minute with the door open. 10 seconds later, I look out and the cop has pulled away and left. Then I see census boy pull away and leave.

I would give $100 to find out what the cop told the jerk. He must have told him he can't enter our driveway because he was told not to tresspass?? Either way, they're both gone and census jerk has moved on to the next neighbor.

Here is the good ol' west, we still have cops that will stand up for our rights - or maybe that is just wishful thinking. I hope it's true though.

The fact remains that the jerk didn't do his job - he didn't find out how many people live here!!!!! We would have answered that question because that's a perfectly constitutional question to ask. Demanding to tag our front door though is going too far. Now, for all the rest of you, put up a chain link fence around the perimeter of your yard and throw a rottweiler out there.

Although I agree that GPS tagging is not needed, what harm can it do? I understand that it may not be Constitutional and frankly that is enough not to allow it but, as example, google earth can easily see every bodies houses and that's a public sat. image. The military sat. images are much sharper and can see much more so adding a GPS flag to a location isn't going to help anyone accept the census.

I guess my question is-What is your objection to the GPS? Is it simply that the Constitution doesn't allow for it or is it something else?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Although I agree with you on Constitutional grounds for not allowing them to GPS your house, they don't need to GPS your front door if they wanted to drop a guided bomb on your house. And yes if that was the reason, GPSing the gate is good enough. Those GPS bombs are not fire crackers.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join