It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Census idiot in my driveway threatening the police

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
It's handy to have a biting dog too. My rott mix only bites with strangers come to the front door! Dumb mailman and UPS man have made that mistake and both took nips to their butts and never made that mistake again (they thought the dogs were nice so they came in. Yeah, barking dogs seem so nice).

Um, is it a problem for you to have a mailman come to your house? I don't see how having your dogs bit a mailman is something to be proud of.

Dumb mailman, trying to do his dumb job! He deserves to get bit for doing his job! That'll teach him for trying to deliver your mail.

Maybe he should just leave it out in the weather.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here ya go. A homemade GPS jammer !

www.navigadget.com...

By the way. Private companies are lobbying to gain access to Census data. That concerns me.

Pressure is growing to change the law and make this information available. Demand for geographic data is booming.

Private companies would love to get their hands on the Census Bureau's data. Web sites like Mapquest.com or maps.google.com, usually show addresses within the correct city block, but they will point to the correct house less than half the time.

Don Cooke, an executive from the mapping company TeleAtlas, says the Census Bureau's database would immediately solve that problem, and he'd like to use it. "The laws basically say the intellectual property that's generated by the government belongs to us citizens, so I'd like to get it," he says. "Because I don't want to spend the money to go out and compile it!"

source
www.npr.org...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by venividivici]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Can you clear something up please?

You post at 07:49 this census *jerk* is at your door.

He leaves.

At 08:01 there’s a Sheriff at your door?

Um...
How is it possible the guy leaves and returns with a Sheriff in under 12 minutes.

I smell BS...

Peace

[edit on 21-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Can you clear something up please?

You post at 07:49 this census *jerk* is at your door.

He leaves.

At 08:01 there’s a Sheriff at your door?

Um...
How is it possible the guy leaves and returns with a Sheriff in under 2 minutes.

I smell BS...

Peace

huh?
that's a 12 minute time span
very possible for a sheriff to arrive within 12 minutes

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
reply to post by GreenBicMan

But that wouldn't be as precise as the front door. Seriously, what could be another reason? Can you think of any logical, non-paranoid reason for the census to threaten to bring the police just because they can't tag our physical front door with GPS?

I can think of a pretty innoculous reason. They give this census taker a half day training course and a free meal. During that they tell them to GPS the front door and that a supervisor will be checking to make sure they did it correctly or they don't get paid. Since this guy was provided by Acorn chances are he is too dumb to figure out that there isn't a direct need for the front door and is afraid of loosing his easy job if he messes up.

Of course I don't really believe that why the government wants your front door tagged, just why he is so eager to do it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
"the proper and correct
enumeration of all persons having their usual place of abode in
such premises, shall be fined not more than $500. "

So does this mean if I refuse to answer all they can do Is fine me 500 dollars ?
Or the only information that I have to give is how many people live in my house?

Lets all of us take pictures of the Agents, file/post and see how they liked being put into a database!!

Thanks for info " ObdurateReplica" star for you.....Do not be fooled. Do not answer the Census Bureau until it is due.
Get in contact with them and DEMAND that these GPS coordinates be removed, as this is blatantly unconstitutional !!

link   

Originally posted by J-in-TX

"Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel."
1 Chronicles 21:1

Interesting quote.

What is the context of the story around it?

link   
Can they put the GPS on your door without asking for your permission? Will you be able to recognize it on your door?

Originally posted by Ben Niceknowinya
If you wanted to intimidate him, grab your camcorder and RECORD HIM!

Also, take notes.......make it look like you're "plotting."

I'm betting he'll scurry away back under the bridge.

Or they might consider her a threat and then come into her home somehow without her knowledge one day while she's away and search it. Hope nothing is in it that would warrant them making excuses so they could treat her like a "terrorist". Don't think that such a thing could happen? The Patriot Act combined with much of what is being proposed right now could all this, within the realms of certain provisions that completely disregard our constitution.

link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by GreenBicMan

They cant kill you as good with a GPS guided bomb if it hits your driveway. It is much more effective if it hits your front door knob and comes into the house before detonating.

sorry buddy, your not worth the millions one of those bombs cost.

can sumone please post a pic of this gps so i can look out for em .. someone tries to "gps" anything of mine and it's game over. i won't put up with this harassment. I will tell them how many live here, but my race, income, religion etc etc etc is none of their damned business!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Poor sap, Just trying to do his job, OP won't help him, Police won't help him. And then everyone starts judging him because he got angry.

If they wanna strike your house they can do it with ease, they don't need the cords of your front door.

Are you really a threat? The day they start killing average joe households, will be well after serious world events have happened so were probably already doomed e.g What caused this action, other countries actions based on these actions.

Edit* Because I was a jerk and had a go at OP, Sorry

They should have rung all the house holds first, told them what it was for and asked for permission, If it was a good reason I'm sure most people would have given them consent.

But to solve the problem of the people who say no, they chose this tatic instead. Very sneaky.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by MalusDarkblade]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It'a a freaking Census taker for gods sake.

This is constitutional. It really is. It's important to you and a free society.

This determines a lot of factors for our country, including representatives in Washington. The more representatives you have the better they are able to work for you.

What are they going to do? Launch a smart bomb at your front door? How really likely is that?

First off, unless I overlooked a post, no one was challenging the census itself, merely the attempt to demand access to private property to obtain GPS information. In this case, it is a rural resident, whom GPS information for emergency services is not a necessity. A person should have the right to deny access to property and information.

Now to address your question. Do I think it is likely, no. However, with the state of the government, I can't say I wouldn't put anything past them. The fact that many people would even consider such a possibility even remotely says a lot about the state of the nation and how the people have some degree of fear of the government.

Yet, all we can do is complain to each other here on ATS. We cannot get good men into political office in high levels, either by chance or by design, and those that do often fall in line with the corruption running the system. So I will do as everyone else does: continue to vent here and to close friends just to prevent the rage from causing a heart attack or aneurysm; vote for those whose stances are most inline with mine, and wait for it all to come to a head 'coz there is no stopping it at this point.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MalusDarkblade

The point isn't even why they want to do it or that it is their job. What they are doing is not constitutional. They are not allowed to put that crap on your door unless you consent to it.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

well that's easy. federal agent rings your door bell and hides in the bushes. You open the door to see a flaming bag of dog poop. While you're stomping out the flaming dog poop, a high powered laser from a spy satellite vaporizes you. The GS isn't for the front door, its to tag the bush that the fed agent will be hiding in, making sure he doesn't get zapped.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
People be aware that some posts you find on this site or another are intended to get your opinion or to stir discussion on a particular subject/topic. I'm aware of this though still respond at times as if the poster was true in intent. I'm sure many ATS folk know this by now though I rarely see any mention of it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
wish i wasnt typing this on my phone lol.. but hear me out:

lets say every family is given a number, every number an address, and every address a gps, and every gps is on a national "grid".

fast forward 2 years, crisis has taken a toll on our nation. Ronpaulgirl is reported by a citizen as provoking people into anti government ideologies... with a name is an address, flagged the gps and on the grid shes now a red dot with her crimes as a caption. authorities in the area can detain, without charges, poor ronpaulgirl and her whole family on terrorist charges. don't pay you're taxes? tagged. caught speeding on camera? tagged. voted a certain third party? terrorist, you're tagged!

where does it end, who decides the limit, sets the bounds? perhaps im insane, paranoid, call me what ever... i listen to history, and history tells me it was a short step from hailing heroes to "where's your papers?!"

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

Private companies are lobbying to gain access to Census data.

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
"the proper and correct enumeration of all persons having their usual place of abode in
such premises, shall be fined not more than $500. "

That figures.

Anything that you say or don't say to the government can and will be used to profit from you. Here is the full text of the goverment's law. Apparently it is only a $100 fine for refusal to answer.

$500 if you intentially lie.

Everything is extortion, use of force and threats with these retards. Our government is like the friggin' mafia.

13 USC Sec. 221(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or
willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any
other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce
or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the
Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his
knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in
connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I,
II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to
the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or
farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not
more than $100.
(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a)
of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances
described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is
false, shall be fined not more than $500.

uscode.house.gov...

"How many people live in your home?"

---

"Please speak up I can't hear you."

"I'm sorry I don't understand what you are asking me."

"Say what?"

[edit on 21-5-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
what does this tag look like? is it an actual tag? can it be removed by the owner?

these may be silly questions, but ive had census guys come to my home and i want to know it they tagged my home without asking me first.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

I was a type error.
And I still think something is off.
Just call me a skeptic.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
what does this tag look like? is it an actual tag? can it be removed by the owner?

these may be silly questions, but ive had census guys come to my home and i want to know it they tagged my home without asking me first.

The GPS device records the coordinates of your front door. Nothing physical is left for you to find. It's all electronic.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618

There is no physical tag. All they do is go to your door with a GPS device. The GPS device then takes the coordinates where it is and logs those coordinates into a big database.

So it's not an actual tag etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join