It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Census idiot in my driveway threatening the police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

If I had to guess the census guy is a narcissus.
He probably has a little job & now feels empowered.
He probably thinks now "I am the man"....

What is it he is doing?

I would bet money that someone got a federal grant to upgrade the local 911 system.

They might be trying to be able to coordinate the 911 incoming calls with just more than a physical address.

Taking the next step would benefit the fire department.
It might be good for field assessment to deploy assets while en route.

But it might also empower the next narcissist that shows up.
There are tracks on all tapes & data access although if you ever suspect a problem. They are part of the legal record. They are public & can be acquired if needed.

They might find a way to miss use the system.
I can't think of one as cheep as 50 Cal slug from 2 to 3 miles might do for few penny's: if your really concerned.

Remain calm. Return your setback's & tray tables to their upright positions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for you sticking to your rights!
Never be provoked & they never have an excuse to act.

Once I asked a superior if he had a father. While I was in the service.
It was a question. Not a statement. I was walking in the grey. You were certainly walking in the light.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know that when the Satellite views were first released on the internet that you could check it & live images could be accessed. Most only used it for having your best friend jump around in the back yard. It had a high nurd factor. Then the application when off line & went black. Now the only thing I have been able to get at are archived records.

If anyone has a way to access live sat feeds again please u2u me.

1 101010

--Watcher

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

can't you remove the tag thing?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That's what DOGS are for. They appear much more loyal than most humans I know. Sick....Fido...getem....gogogo.

Good Fido...now here's a biscuit and a hug.

If that don't work, show em a 'sample' of your gun collection. I'm sure that will get their attention. Badges, rank, titles don't appear to mean much anymore in 'this' environment.

Communities need to organize to look after one another from here forward and to educate one another. Just show em your favorite videos for the average ATSer fully knows by now its far too much to explain in person.

Soon enough it will be each man for himself and remember something very important.....ANYONE can be compromised....hence Fido knows best.

No need to 'organize' into a group since we all should know how easy it is for a 'group' to be compromised. Just know what you're fighting for; the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. If they breach these institutions (what America is all about), they are the enemy.

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine while at his house. The census person knocked on the door and announced her intention....though never asked how many were in the house...she seemed nervous and gave me bad vibes....I could tell something wasn't right with her...this lady was trembling...and I could see a suspicous looking fellow watching her closely in a AT&T utility van than wasn't supposed to be there....before I made any kind of gesture....she knew I sensed her true purpose....I just took a good look in her eyes (her soul) and she got the message loud and clear...gone in a heart&beat. Never asked any questions....wise move....I was impressed...scrawny lil lady anyhow. My partner didn't have a Fido.

Look out for anything out of the ordinary from here forward. Pay close 'attention' and don't forget that video camera! Record anything suspicious and when necessary, let em know they're NOT on candid camera.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

According to one of the Census workers, who spoke with me on condition of anonymity, they must GPS mark the coordinates “within 40 ft of every front door” in America and they are supposed to complete that mission nation wide, within 90 days, by the end of July 2009.

So Ron Paul Girl , can you fend off "the man" until the end of July ?

Like some other posters have said, I also enjoyed your play-by-play updates ....... riveting

If he returns , please get some photos .

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In my state and county if you have a posted No trespassing sign, and anyone comes on your own property, you have the right to shoot them. Why I Bought that combat shotgun back in the 80's. Its called House defense. You should look up your own state & county laws no trespassing laws. Not all states are the same. Also the census isn't till 2010. Just don't hestitate, open the door and go out blasting. Body armor optional.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
wanna be a real ass?

Walk down the street with him!!!

If we have one, my shephard and mastiff looove to go for walks!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I haven't seen any census guys. However I am busy at work most days. Are they actually putting some type of adhesive tag on the door? I'd take off anything strange I found on my house and would throw it away.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
....... Just don't hestitate, open the door and go out blasting. Body armor optional.

Trick or treat Mr .Horus
blast

Just getting my ball Mr. Horus
blast

posted by Eye of Horus

Body armor optional

A little overdressed for the census man ?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

YEP, REAL INTERESTING..

I cant say i never believed you, but I couldnt figure out why the hell they would want to do that..

Still though, its perplexing..

I live in a gated community.. havent seen anyone like this around and I work from home...

I will update of course when I/if I do..

Perhaps we should start a thread for this purpose.. purely for updating if anyone has seen these goons, and your relative location???????

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus I
They are tagging the doors on homes and businesses.

The reason being is that when you go to a building for almost any reason, you usually want to go inside, and this helps specifically with larger buildings with multiple doors. It's going to save you from driving around, asking for directions to a door, or what have you.

Also, they are getting the coordinates of all these places for the entire united states in order to more easily gather 3 dimensional data and create an entire, very accurate map of the united states.

It's google earth x 100.

Its called big brother thats what it is.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Good on you Ron Paul girl for standing up for your rights.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
They don't need someone to stand at your door with a GPS recorder to guide a missile into your house. Did a little old lady go to Iraq to assist us in taking out high priority sites with her little gps thing?

It would be way cheaper just to have a swat team jump through the walls and grab you.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow, I really thought I was a died-in-the-wool, constitutional, conspiracy
theorist of the rank ~just-below-tin-foil-hat-wearer~, but I think you guys
(mostly) are over-reacting.

First, the census person is just a guy doing his job. (I like to find with whom
the "buck stops" and harangue that person, not the poor schlup like
me who is trying to do a job and feed his family). What I mean is, the
guy IS NOT sinister. He has no nefarious plans to paint your door with
a GPS tag so the guided missile will be more accurate.

Second, there is a plausible explanation for tagging a door (especially
where doors are closely crowded together). An easy, and obvious one would
be to expedite emergency vehicles for 911 service.

I realize how everyone wants to maintain their privacy, but the Census
does actually serve some good purpose. It helps in the disbursement
of federal funds and establishing districts for voting and such.

Really, I think the Census is benign, Much-ado-about......

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Wow, I have been waiting for them to show up at my house. They may have already and I wasn't aware of it. But I planned on telling them to get off my property and they were not allowed to GPS my door.

S and F

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Re the GPS tagging thingie... Wouldn't it be less confrontational and more productive for the guy doing the tagging to (if he meets with resistance a la the OP- kudos) to get on a laptop in his car, open up google earth and hover the cursor over the front door? Thus giving him the lat/long and the elevation above sea level.

Me thinks there may be a few tick boxes on that dudes PDA regarding how 'helpful' the residents were... The OP is now on a list of uncooperative people... Your orange jump suit is in the post!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It'a a freaking Census taker for gods sake.

This is constitutional. It really is. It's important to you and a free society.

This determines a lot of factors for our country, including representatives in Washington. The more representatives you have the better they are able to work for you. (that's how it's supposed to work)

They aren't evil they aren't malicious.

The GPS won't harm you, This only solves many problems down the road.

Accurate data is good.

GPS is your friend.

There is a lot about the government that is
ed up but a census taker isn't one of them.

And neither is GPS.

What are they going to do? Launch a smart bomb at your front door? How really likely is that?

If you move to a new subdivision the construction company already has that data and much much more. The last construction job I was on used GPS for a lot of the operations. The heavy equipment was loaded with them. There were several crews that had their own survey equipment all with GPS. every conduit, every line, every sewer and storm drain every thing was already recorded and put into a database.

What privacy? Your front door is visible from the street. (for the most part) Anyone at all can see it. Any violation of your privacy argument is null and void.

Does it matter if the looses it in a database somewhere?

If it were nefarious they would contract out to the local metered companies to do it for them.

How easy would it be for a person from the people you get your water or power from to come and knock on your door?

Wouldn't suspect them now would you?

Why? Cause if you acted towards them as you did to the census taker you wouldn't have power or water or gas depending on who is at the door.

(those that live off the grid could probably still take issue.)

The Census is a constitutional requirement by our government for your benefit.

The last time this happened was in the year 2000. Things change in a decade. The government has the right through our constitution to know who is here.

thomas.loc.gov...:H.Res78:

Probably has more information there. This is the latest law that came out of the census giving the citizens of the District of Columbia representation in our government for the first time in the history of the republic.

The OP should have complied. Now her address is associated with a non compliance act. Of course if the government does try and take people to camps they may show up at the OP's house because it wasn't in the database.

Studying history the next logical evolution of our government will be the corporate oligarchy.

[edit on 5/21/2009 by whatukno]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

The census bureau is free to telephone me, email me, write me. There is no need to knock on my door and peer inside. This hasn't happened to me yet, just a freind while I was there, though common...knock knock...why? There is more going on there than most are aware 'these' days. Google on...had a few beers....don't care to do it for you at the moment.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am intrigued. The only census that I have been through was the 2000 census. Nobody came to the door. I got a form in the mail with a postage paid return envelope. All that was asked was stuff like address, how many people, and ages.

This GPS recording is way out of line. There is no need for this to take place. The purpose of the census is to determine the number of seats in the House of Representatives (see Article I, Section 2 and the 14th amendment).

As a side note, I love it when the JW's or the Mormons knock on the door. Its fun to debate with them. They eventually get frustrated and leave.

J.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by J-in-TX]
"Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel."
1 Chronicles 21:1

[edit on 21-5-2009 by J-in-TX]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is a bigger issue for rural residences who might have enough land between their door and property entrance, or fencing. I wouldn't be too surprised if they considered rural residents to be gun toting, militia prone, independent, survivalist threats. Clearly they would want to have there GPS location for targeting.

If refusal to allow entry of Census personnel for GPS tracking is a growing issue with folks, how long before they make it a law?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Dang, thats crazy. I wish i lived in my own house, because with the people in and out of my apaprtment at all hours it is difficult to traffic movement.

I hate to even have to say this, but i have heard horror stories of Ron Paul kids getting the raw deal.

Worst case senario; get a camera hanging in a secure place and you will be AMAZED at what those buggers will catch...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join