It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Census idiot in my driveway threatening the police

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xarprax
My apologies if this has been answered, but how would they GPS tag apartment complexes? I saw a guy the other day going around our complex with a device in his hand, pointing to the apartments and doing something. He stops every 20 yards or so, points the device at the apartments and moves on. It was definitely not a camera. It looked like one of them barcode scanners you see at stores. Was he just GPS tagging our backdoors as the backdoor opens into the balcony? The front door is not visible from the outside. May be I am just being paranoid.

He was probably reading meters. They have the ones now that are wireless and all the meter readers have to do is drive down the street. Saves alot of time.

If someone already answered this, sorry. I'm at work and shouldn't be here, so I had to make it quick!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
How about GPS'ing our politicians? Where are they right now? What are they doing? What is the location of their gov't car? Who are they going out to lunch with today?

Put a camera in their office, listen in. How about tagging along on their official trips?

Corruption down, productivity up.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't understand this attitude. If you're worried about the census guy being a phony then why not just take his info and call his office to confirm things?

If we're going to live in a modern society aren't we going to have to participate in gov. records, census?

Why act hostile for no reason, and invent problems? Should we expect a modern government that we elected to not take a census or keep records?

But you should check things out of course before letting people on your property, I agree.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The woman at my house didn't even come all the way up the drive. I was moving my last losd of stuff and she said hi and where you moving to I told her the country and that was that. She was pretty HOT!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just had a thought. Someone mentioned earlier about the person just writing down something and not talking to them. If Rom Emmanuel and Acorn are involved in the census, I am wondering it you don't give any info or fill out a form, is there a way to check to see if they have info from your address? I mean, Acorn registered fake voters and supposedly the switched the census to be run by the White house. I wonder if you don't answer if false info will be given about your address just to give them something to use to benefit them and if so, how would you find out.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I think you're not seeing the big picture here. Obama wants to put more tax on cigarettes, and not on soda, and the rest. by miraculous leap of logic, this is obviously an inventory being taken so they can tax front doors.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

whatever obama, bush blah..blah here's a fix rip your front door off and take it across the street that'll learn em....
besides everybody knows the back door is where the action is at...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by iforget]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
How utterly stupid.

If they wanted to know WHO lives at any given location they could do through tax records, real estate records postal records etc.

To have a GPS of your home takes their encroachment to another level. Next thing is that they'll want tyo make photographs of the individual rooms.

Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

shhhhh! don't let them in on that or they'll be taxing our backdoors before you know it.

talk about being up the creek then

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier but I do believe that the census information was abused back in WWII to gather Japanese Americans and round them up. Even before that during the civil war General Sherman used the data to locate targets. I can see answering how many people. What race what gender what I like to do while wasting time on the toilet will all get the same answer nonya... As in none ya damn business.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Actually if you read some of the other threads about the 2010 census takers, some of them ARE already asking questions. Also, anyone that has associated themselves with ACORN does and will cause me some concern!

Originally posted by j2000
How much more can you take?

www.foxnews.com... role-acorn-census/

The U.S. Census Bureau is working with several national organizations to help recruit 1.4 million workers to produce the country's 2010 census, including one with a history of voter fraud charges: ACORN.

The U.S. Census is supposed to be free of politics, but one group with a history of voter fraud, ACORN, is participating in next year's count, raising concerns about the politicization of the decennial survey.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now signed on as a national partner with the U.S. Census Bureau in February 2009 to assist with the recruitment of the 1.4 million temporary workers needed to go door-to-door to count every person in the United States -- currently believed to be more than 306 million people.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Those stories are being blown way out of proportion. Any questions asked would only be to determine whether or not a residence is occupied. This current wave of workers have absolutely nada, nothing, zero, zilch, to do with actual statistic gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are hard luck Joe's driving and/or walking a mapped grid given them to accurately preface any and all residences in said grid, and whether or not it appears that said residences have occupants!!!!! Damn! Now if some shady looking guy claiming to be a census worker asks you how many live in your house and what your yearly income is you'd better be callin the cops because he'll be back.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by jibeho
]

Thanks jibeho, this the main point on the actually issue, again why the president himself has appointed his own house staff to do this tagging only a few weeks ago?.

And if it was so important and under any laws why it says very clear that Sec. 223, Title 13, U.S. Code, Chapter 7, Subtitle 2 provides the Fed NO authority to GPS paint your front door

So why the urgency of doing this now.

I will like to see the reasoning behind this tagging other than the lame propaganda circulating around that is all as usual beneficial for all.

It smells like a rotten rat.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by marg6043]

I posted a link to another ATS article earlier in the thread regarding some looming trouble with our current GPS satellite system which is maintained by the D.O.D. With budget shortfalls and an aging satellite system, officials are predicting a major failure by 2010. The satellites aren't scheduled for replacement until 2013 and the budget is short by $570 million.

This could have something to do with the sudden rush to map every permanent dwelling and tent city in the nation.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

I have created a new article speaking on a possible purpose for these GPS census workers, strong evidence suggests this is plan to initiate final take-over of America, with coordinates needed...

CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE AT ATS

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

whatever obama, bush blah..blah here's a fix rip your front door off and take it across the street that'll learn em....
besides everybody knows the back door is where the action is at...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by iforget]

there is no device on the door. Only data that is entered into a computer.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes I will check as soon as I can on that link, I tell you something is odd about the way that this GPS tagging was planned, actually it was just out of the air that they decided to do it and in a hurry.

That is odd.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I seriously doubt the GPS satellites will be allowed to fail...do you realize just how much the Military depends on them???

Speaking of military budgets - what they publish is only a fraction. It is pure eyewash (there are stronger adjectives, but can't write them here!).

The average 'black' funding is approaching about US$2Trillion per year. Yes, 'TRILLION'! ALL of it, unaccounted for, publicly.

Oh, GPS will be around for a long, long time, you betcha!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Agreed! At this point in the game, I wouldn't put anything past the current administration. This power grab by Obama's administration is alarming and the fact that he snatched the census from the commerce dept. and dropped it into Rahm's lap is just deplorable.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

More than likely this is just a plan to slowly take GPS back from civilians and leave it in the hands of the Military. When I bought by first Garmin, it was an early generation model 12 handheld, GPS accuracy was less than desirable due to military programming. I always used LORAN as backup.

Perhaps they want control back in order to keep the people stupid. Unfortunately, we have a generation that does not know how to read maps thanks to GPS. Time to brush up with the old map, compass and sextant.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Exactly, thanks for seen my point here, this bigger that many even care to think about it.

It has political agenda written all over, and what should make every American worry about is what the agenda is all about.

This new president may prove to be worst when it comes to stepping into constitutional rights that Bush ever was.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join