It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Census idiot in my driveway threatening the police

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Lets buy a gps signal blocker,there are some cheap at 30$, and put it next to the door ..

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NotHuman

Why bother with a signal blocker and just rip the tag off your door. You know, smash it with a rock, hit it with a pressure washer, anything to knock the damn thing out and then toss it into the garbage for pickup.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
reply to post by NotHuman

Why bother with a signal blocker and just rip the tag off your door. You know, smash it with a rock, hit it with a pressure washer, anything to knock the damn thing out and then toss it into the garbage for pickup.

Because the tag is digital and stored in a computer and is NOT stuck to your door!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Please hit this link from the census department.

2010.census.gov...

For the first time, the 2010 census workers will conduct address canvassing using a GPS-enabled handheld computer. The new technology allows census workers to pinpoint and upload coordinates for each structure containing living quarters into the Census Bureau’s master address file and digital maps. The GPS coordinates will ensure that each structure is recorded within the correct block — which is particularly important since census data are the basis for the redrawing of congressional and state legislative districts. •

This is also the first time that group quarters (such as dormitories, group homes, prisons, and homeless shelters) are part of the address canvassing operation, which should improve both the accuracy and coverage of the final count.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
GPS data stored by the Federal Gov't for future use.

Just the man keeping you down.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok, this is just silly.

Let me give the most plausible and likely reason for pre-tagging everyone's doorsteps.

Accuracy of Info.

Next year, when the actual census drones come around, they'll likely have their little electronic pad or tablet pc or whatever, record the number of occupants, and instead of having to key in address info and other things that can be mistyped, they hit 'find me' which takes the gps, pings it off the database to addresses, and not only is it accurately recorded what address they have interviewed (for lack of a better term) but its also proof that they have actually visited the house to get the info, or at least stood on the front steps and hit buttons.

While I don't like the invasion of privacy and the possibility that this info may be sold to private parties, I'm still not seeing any nefarious intent here.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Suppose the govt. is in such a rush to tag locations now because of this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Good going. It seems those with the least important job in government believe they have the greatest right to be a pain in the ass.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
easy fix, just re-attach device to some stray dog, and let them trace that...wonder how many of those things will stay on the doors very long

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Next year, when the actual census drones come around

Maybe you did not get the memo........Obama ordered that the 2010 census be completed by no later than July 31 2009............

According to one of the Census workers, who spoke with me on condition of anonymity, they must GPS mark the coordinates “within 40 ft of every front door” in America and they are supposed to complete that mission nation wide, within 90 days, by the end of July 2009.

I know someone here would question me on this so I just did a quick google and pasted this link........ I am sure someone can find a better link for the info......

www.topix.com...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder

While I don't like the invasion of privacy and the possibility that this info may be sold to private parties, I'm still not seeing any nefarious intent here.

Sure and when the government comes around next time and decided that they want to implant a chip on your forehead and your families too is ok, because is not nefarious intent here.

Littler by littler and step by step at the end, all we will have to do is stand quietly in line.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So I'm a little confused.... it's a long thread and I've seen a few contradicting statements...

Are they physically "tagging" the front doors of homes in America, or just getting the exact location of said homes?

Is this to help postmen and delivery drivers?

What is this actually about?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

The census is constitutional. But I agree that the government suckss and we should do whatever we can to make their day a little longer and less satisfying. Make them wish they worked at Wal-Mart instead of oppressing us every day.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Its big Brother, its for your own good.

GPS today, cameras tomorrow.

Big Brother, always watching, always listening.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I found this interesting article that explains this new bizarre GPS process.

However, since the actual Census is not due to be taken until 2010, nobody is asking for any information today. They are only GPS marking your front door today, and Sec. 223, Title 13, U.S. Code, Chapter 7, Subtitle 2 provides the Fed NO authority to GPS paint your front door.

Thanks jibeho, this the main point on the actually issue, again why the president himself has appointed his own house staff to do this tagging only a few weeks ago?.

And if it was so important and under any laws why it says very clear that Sec. 223, Title 13, U.S. Code, Chapter 7, Subtitle 2 provides the Fed NO authority to GPS paint your front door

So why the urgency of doing this now.

I will like to see the reasoning behind this tagging other than the lame propaganda circulating around that is all as usual beneficial for all.

It smells like a rotten rat.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
So I'm a little confused.... it's a long thread and I've seen a few contradicting statements...

Are they physically "tagging" the front doors of homes in America, or just getting the exact location of said homes?

Is this to help postmen and delivery drivers?

What is this actually about?

It is an electronic tag - a reading of longitude/latitude of your front door stored in a data base...read about it here:

www.prisonplanet.com...

good luck!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by romanmel]

link   

Originally posted by oakwood54
easy fix, just re-attach device to some stray dog, and let them trace that...wonder how many of those things will stay on the doors very long

There is no device. Just data in a computer somewhere to help speed the process along. My mother took census and I take offense to calling them idiots.

link   
the purpose of the GPS census workers is to tag precision stop points for unmanned vehicles to stop from point to point to come "rescue" you once the government releases the mutated swine flu that kills millions....FEMA camps.. etc...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Cheers....link is a little stuck i think but i'll check it out.

Just wondered what the official line is on them?

Cheers mate

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why resist getting your home GPS'ed at this stage? i dont understand.

If the plan is resistance when the SHTF or the zombie apocalypse occurs, You have just painted a big target on yourself for not willing to complying now.

If if these so called round up of people is going to happen (or anything else i read) then your house is now a target for pick up and sitting on a Government Database ready to go. Cause i imagine if its true for whatever is planned, then it will more then likely go smoothly and you'll be sitting in a cell or dead before the full agenda is in effect.

So IMO resistance at this stage is futile and you are now a target. (and not for a bomb
Bullets are cheaper)

Better Option is to play along till SHTF and you'll have better odds of doing whatever is planned.

Be Smart, Play Along and Act when necessity dictates!

Just my opinion....

[edit on 22-5-2009 by r3dman]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join