It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Census idiot in my driveway threatening the police

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Who ever started this story that some type of gps tags are being placed on doors? I was told they do have handheld data entry devices, but they are just logging the addresses into them, and adding whether or not the property appears to be occupied. Don't believe everything you read here.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Get a grip, this more than just a poor fellow trying to make a buck, this government intrusion into the lives of millions of American private citizens.

The census worker is just doing the job the government is telling to do.

Read the entire secrecy behind how the Obama administration just a few week ago decided that it has the need to tag every single home in the nation.

This using political power in a job that for decades was relegated to the Commerce Department.

Obama and his plans to make volunteers of every high schooler in the nation is not joke, neither his links to the controversial Acorn organization of very soon to become neighborhood organizers and enforcers.

Rather than just think about the poor fellow following orders get the facts of what is behind the government intervention.

LIFE WITH BIG BROTHER
Census GPS-tagging your home's front door
Coordinates being taken for every residence in nation

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm pretty sure they're not sticking a GPS unit on the front of each door. That's what cell phones are for.

What they're doing is taking a GPS "snapshot" of the coordinates of that home and the people that live there.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Okay, I get it now.

It's still remarkably wasteful if we're to believe this:

...and are upset over an army of some 140,000 workers hired in part with a $700 million taxpayer-funded contract to collect GPS readings for every front door in the nation.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Who ever started this story that some type of gps tags are being placed on doors? I was told they do have handheld data entry devices, but they are just logging the addresses into them, and adding whether or not the property appears to be occupied. Don't believe everything you read here.

I don't think anyone did its just a misunderstanding of the phrases "tag/paint/mark your door", sounds like they must be doing something to your door right?

Lets all say this together... they are not actually doing anything to my door...they are taking the actual coordinates of my door and putting those in a database...the question is why?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

My point is, you can't do a thing about it. It is a trainwreck and we all just have to brace ourselves, put your head between your knees. Hassling these innocent census workers is pathetic.

Why do I care if they do put a device near my door that says who I am and how many live there? They have that info. already. Call 911 and they know your address and your name. The Govt. knows more about you than your own mother.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

So they can mail you a census survey. And to make it more accurate in the future. Do you think there is anything about you the govt. doesn't already know, that they can gain thru this census activity?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They have until the actual year of the census to do this, the census is to start in 2010 that is plenty of time for the tagging.

The real question is Why the president itself has taken the position to GPS every home in America and why he decided to do this just a few weeks ago

If this his Idea or the Idea of the Mr. Fish man White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel when he was given the task to see over the census.

This job has never been in the hands of any direct staff working under the president, but rather is been the job of the Commerce Department.

Questions like this has not been answered yet and we the citizens have all the right to know why the President needs to have a Staff member enforcing the GPSing of every home in the nation.

Just take the time to think what else is behind this last minute task under the president itself.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

No not at all, they've already been to my door. Let them mark it, move along nothing to see here Just tell them what they think they expect and want to hear. Works for women and the government.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Tagging is just jargon for marking and storing a location in a GPS unit. I use GPS to navigate on the water but I can also "tag" and save a favorite location in my unit so that I can return to it later. Fisherman tag areas of activity, divers mark ship wrecks and hunters tag areas of deer activity.

GPS is only accurate if the satellites are maintained and programmed properly. If the govt. wants to flip the switch, say goodbye to On Star and all GPS units. GPS was not so accurate years ago until the govt. gave the ok to make it accurate.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
WARNING PROPAGANDA WARNING
WARNING PROPAGANDA WARNING

More real information can be found here.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Punch him in his eyes, that definitely lasts the longest painwise

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I found this interesting article that explains this new bizarre GPS process.

Robert LaMacchia, head of the Census Bureau’s geography division, says they’ll capture the latitude and longitude of the front door of every house, apartment and improvised shelter they find.”We will actually knock on doors and look for hidden housing units,” he says. “We will find converted garages; from the outside, it may not look like anybody lives there.” This is so the census will end up with the geographic coordinates — accurate to within 10 feet — for about 110 million residences.

ACORN signed on as a national partner with the U.S. Census Bureau in February 2009 to assist with the recruitment of the 1.4 million temporary workers needed to go door-to-door to count every person in the United States — currently believed to be more than 306 million people.

The 2010 census will be the “short form”, however, there is the clever subterfuge of the “American Community Survey” which is purposely not called a census and is sent to a “sampling” of US homes such that each home receives one not more than once every five years. Its what they used to call the long form as the 2010 census will only contain the short form.

rightsoup.com...

This should get interesting folks.

If you challenge Census Bureau employees about the GPS marking of your private residence, you will be handed a preprinted explanation referring you to Sec. 223, Title 13, U.S. Code, Chapter 7, Subtitle 2, which explains the penalties for refusing to provide names and statistics of occupants when asked for by a census taker. This only applies when they are taking a census, (which will not be taken until next year), and the penalty for refusing to answer questions for a census is up to a $500 fine.

However, since the actual Census is not due to be taken until 2010, nobody is asking for any information today. They are only GPS marking your front door today, and Sec. 223, Title 13, U.S. Code, Chapter 7, Subtitle 2 provides the Fed NO authority to GPS paint your front door.

www.aipnews.com...

Here is the Official release from the census bureau.

2010.census.gov...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think if Ron Paul had won the election they (thread starter) would welcome the GPS tagger with open arms. Poor census taker has to run into citizens who are paranoid and angry about things that are not even true.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is very interesting about these census agents. First, I find it weird that they are starting so early. I mean, if they are trying to get info from people now for the 2010 census, don't they think that by 2010 that many of these people that they have questioned so far would have moved to another location? I feel that even someone coming to the door and "asking how many people live here" is very dangerous. I would become very suspicious about this! I would much rather get something in the mail to answer and mail back then to tell some stranger off the street that I might live alone or not.
I feel that there is more going on than meets the eye!
A couple of weeks ago, my daughters friend came down and asked if I saw the guy walking around the neighborhood wearing all black with a black cap on looking at each house and writing something down. I didn't see him but it made me very nervous for all of the kids in the neighborhood that were playing outside at the time. What is he gathering by just looking at the houses as he walks down the street? Nobody has come to the door yet but I will be watching from here on out.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Though this concept of enjoying your rape if you like your rapist may be true for some rape is still rape.

If RP had been elected and they were running door to door with GPS units at the cost of $700 million dollars I'd still be ticked off and be saying "Hey, RP! WTF?!?"

No different than the Obama supporters right now realizinghe's just another Bush and the Obamabots with their eyes shut tight and fingers in their ears repeating "yes, we can" to drown out reality.

This will be my 3rd census. I've hated every one.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I read somewhere that the GPS componet of collecting census data was a loophole. I understand they can not use data they have collected for any reason than to educate congress on the population of the usa. But there is a specification about addresses of residences. So if they can catagorize the data by GPS, somehow this frees them up to use date outside the ways specified by the constitution and current codes.

Just a theory...but interesting, and sounds very much like Rahm Emanuel.

How long will it be until the postal service starts using GPS coordinates to deliver our mail?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Census has not begun, they are not asking for information at this time. At face value they are recording the location of every front door in America, via GPS, in order to facilitate the upcoming census.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was a census enumerator in 1990. We had no "rights" except to ask people for their responses. Those who chose not to answer were marked as such. Information from the neighbors could be used to fill in part of the form. If a follow-up was needed they were usually sent a questionaire in the mail. People usually were glad to help when they learned that their state's number of congressional seats were based on the numbers we got on the census.

On the topic: our GPS tagger did not even drive up our 300+ foot driveway to the house. They sat in their car at the bottom of the hill and tagged our driveway, my sons driveway, and my neighbors driveway. I was out sitting on the porch at the time. For the rest of the houses near the road they also never left the car, just asked the neighbors, and tagged their houses from road. I guesss it all depends on who is following the rules or who is to lazy to leave the car. Of couse, many of the people in our area are shoot first types.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
Because Obama wants to know where our front door is

So he can send his goons to come and get you to put you in one of his 'preventative' gulags ....

thread here

oook, so you are saying that Obama is the one who started the census taking process?

The census really has nothing to do with Obama, and the USA has been taking a census of the people who live in this country since 1790.

Before Obama became president I started getting emails saying that the govt was looking for census takers. They take them once every ten years. Meaning, Obama had nothing to do with this. As Bush was in office for 8 years, you should blame him. (LOL) OR as Bush was in office when the decision was made to GPS citizens front doors, you should blame Bush.

The United States Constitution mandates that a census be taken at least once every ten years, and that the number of members of the United States House of Representatives from each state be apportioned accordingly. Census statistics are also used for apportioning federal funding for many social and economic programs.

This, is why they are pushing harder to take a better census than ever before, as our population is growing.

Goodness, if your roof starts leaking in the rain, you gonna blame Obama for that too?

No, I do not like the fact that our front doors are being GPS'd, but I do not agree that Obama had anything to do with it, like I said, while Bush was still in office I was getting emails in regards to becoming a census taker (which I never did take).

The census may not be until next year, but they start the year before as it takes a LONG time to get to all the people in this country.

Harm None
Peace

[edit on 22-5-2009 by amazed]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join