It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Strange lights filmed over Horn Lake, Mississippi

page: 1,
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Footage captured on 5-20-09 over Horn Lake, Mississippi at 10:30 p.m..

Witness says that helicopters appeared to be moving all around the lights.

Take a gander, and weigh in folks...Possible military flares? Or unidentifiables?

Pretty cool looking formation, whatever it is!

www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That is very interesting S&F. At first I thought this could be another video that would just be explained away as flares, but the fact all the heli's were around made it more interesting. Then the lights under them appeared out of nowhere, and I think we can all agree that flares don't do that. good video, thanks!

Stealth

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hey DD,

great video!

Looks a lot like some of the other vids of UFO's flying in formation. They all have one thing in common. they all seem to like making triangular shaped formations. Some argue that they are all lights on one gigantic shape shifting craft, others think that it's a formation of some sort. Personally I think it's a formation. but whatever is making the formation is very organized as the objects all seem to move i lockstep as if the navigation is slaved together or like they are in constant communication to pull it all off.

For me the jury is out- could be Alien, could be govt. black projects and tech. I'm leaning towards govt stuff (hopeful) but not ready to dismiss the alien aspect either. one thing is for sure. whoever is flying these craft, and I do believe these videos are very real and not hoaxed, do not give a hoot if anybody see's them. these formations appear enormous.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Nice video, hard to say what it could be. The lack of exceptional maneuvering means that you can not rule out military projects. But still interesting and still a UFO for now.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well, there should be TONS of other reports out there if, indeed , something unknown was in the sky above Memphis International Airport.

Barring that, I would go with a conventional explanation.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Good stuff...but I will state my belief..

I believe these are LUU-2 FLares...if you are unsure what a LUU-2 is...see link

www.ordnance.org...

I work with these on a normal basis and have seen them. They are meant to light up the ground for a period of time. If you notice...towards the 5 minute mark..the lights are very close to the ground. Which would prove the fact that the lights are slowly moving down. They burn for a significant amount of time..as for an exact time...I could check some T.O's on Tuesday.
So then...why all the helicopters? Well..if the military was doing some test's, they choppers could be there to make sure nothing goes wrong. Of course we didn't see any jets that might have dropped these...but like I said...this is my professional opinion only.

These is also a "Naval Support" Base North East of the location of this video.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StretchUSAF

The former NAS Memphis, I was stationed there in 1977for "A" school, is now a support facility, BUPERS. (personnel records)
Ceased to be a Military airbase awhile back, the airfield was turned over to the city and is serving as a muni airport.
That said, I don't know if there is another base nearby, but I would bet the helos didn't come from Millington, which is about 30 miles NE of Horn Lake.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StretchUSAF

wouldn't flares be a hell of a lot brighter, especially that many?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

not flares! you can see the difference by comparing the unidentified lights with the helicopter that goes near them

looks like a lot of people saw these lights, why is there no more videos or are there? is this in the MSM yet? heh

very good very nice!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
google turns up no MSM news on this so far

spread the word, this is amazing

surely one of the helicopters has footage!

we should contact the heli company by calling up the companies in Horn Lake and asking if they had any up on that night!

rrorrimruoy says:
FLARES!?!?!?!LMFAO...I served in the Marine Corps for four years active duty and have seen plenty of flares my friend and those ARE NOT flares. For one they do not sit for that long...they move and they have a trail. You know when you see a flare or flares. LOL...flares...how about some swamp gas too...LOL

Peace
May 22, 8:15 PM
is.gd...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by warrenb]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Ithink this comment left a few mins ago does it for me .And I checked it out and he is right.

meister2h (12 minutes ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
Just a helicopter, guys. Watch how the top bright light turns into a helicopter from 3:25 to 3:44 in the video.

Once again, 3:25 to 3:44 in the video explains everything you are seeing -- just a helicopter exercise. I believe in UFO's but this has just been explained as a normal event.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Wow, looks pretty cool. I wish they'd recorded more though. Why don't we ever get to see the formation of lights taking of?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I, however am more inclined to believe they are not helicopters for the simple fact that the lights are

1. Brighter than the actual helicopters
2. Not flashing like the helicopters
3. Some appear and dissapear, very unlike a helicopter

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Excellent video.
My parents live in TN, and I'm actually here right now visiting for Memorial Day. I'm surprised that this is the first I've heard of this wile I've been up here. I would love to see something like this. It was interesting how the lights appeared near the end of the video. It will be interesting to see if this gets picked up nationally sort of like the OHare UFO.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by NICAP]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NICAP
Excellent video.
My parents live in TN, and I'm actually here right now visiting for Memorial Day. I'm surprised that this is the first I've heard of this wile I've been up here. I would love to see something like this. It was interesting how the lights appeared near the end of the video. It will be interesting to see if this gets picked up nationally sort of like the OHare UFO.

Do you think you could do some Nancy Drew-ing and ask anyone you see around town about this?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Good find mate .
As far as I know helicopters have to have a flashing light on them at all times while in air. This is universal and be it a training exercise or somebody joy riding a heli has to have a flashing light to be recognized as a heli. Just like an airplane has flashing tail and wing lights .

So there is no way in my opinion of course that they would switch over to normal lights just for the heck of it , thus I believe those are not helis . of course I could be wrong so if that is the case , somebody please correct me .

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

Originally posted by NICAP
Excellent video.

Do you think you could do some Nancy Drew-ing and ask anyone you see around town about this?

I actually just asked my dad less than 5 minutes ago if he'd heard about it. He said he hadn't, but I'm going to check with some of my friends later tonight when I see them.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Helicopters all of them.

IMO

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Just a helicopter, guys. Watch how the top bright light turns into a helicopter from 3:25 to 3:44 in the video.

Yeah, I caught that too... I was disappointed to say the least.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Reject...
The candle power intensity of a flare depends on many factors...wind, light, precipitation..etc etc...plus, we are not sure of the distance of the camera from the "object". They could be close...or miles upon miles away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join