It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello guys new member from the uk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hey all im happy to finnaly join this forum.

been looking here every day for a while now.

just wondering if i can ask questions in this post as i am under 20 posts and cant start a thread.

thanks in advance

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Hope you enjoy it here.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thestien

Dear thestien,

The topics on this site cover almost any conceivable question you could have about anything, but if you aren't ready to look through them all or aren't sure what subjects your interests fall under, speak your mind and I'm sure someone will wander by and give you some suggestions about where to look, etc.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Yes, you can ask any questions you like here.. it's basically your introduction thread and nobody will frown on you for asking seemingly obvious questions.

I'm in the UK too, so if you got any problems then we are in same time zone.

There are lots of other places to get help too if you really get stuck or nobody can answer your question here. Usually there is always someone, womewhere who is able to answer almost anything.

If you want to get your posts up to 20 so you can U2U then this thead will help or you can go to BTS General chit chat and get involved with any of the chat there.. just add your commments/thoughts to anything you like

You'll soon have your 20 posts in the bag..

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
thanks for the warm welcome its appreciated

i have searched through most of the seemingly obvious places but cant find anything related to speedreading by subliminal photography.

please dont tell me off to bad if i cant post this here

basically i was wondering what you guys know or dont know about this i have seen on youtube a guy from pheonix claiming he can teach people to "read" at over 100,000 words per minute and also claims that the recall of information from this reading technique is 77% plus for a long time period.

if there has been a topic on this please could someone point me in the right direction

ok i know this could be seemingly not ats but i think if its true it would help alot of people on these forums for when they want to recall some information but cant.

deffinatly worth some investigation and as i regard your opinions highly i would also like to know wether it would be worth investigating.

thanks in advance

p.s.
i will need to work out how to add a video link if anyone is interesed in watching it but im sure a simple search on youtube would find this easily.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

One of the first skills taught to psychologists is 'speed reading'.. you basically scan a page picking out all the important words.. so, for example you would not read words like so, for, it, and, of, in ...

you know these words.. there's no need to read them..they are a part of your place in this socety. This post would be read something like this..

skills taught.. psychologists... speed reading... basically picking important..

You can teach yourself to do it and it gets easier over time..
As far as this particular topic goes, then you might find more in the related pyschology type forum located here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

or you could try a search using the search box in top right corner of any page.
Doing a search using some of the words you have used brings back this thread as one of the responses;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Better still, you could do your own research and start your own thread on the topic...

Quality goes a lot further here than quantity

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
thanks for the reponse but i was not talking about that kind of speed reading. the type your talking about would have a cap of about 1000 words per min.

but im talking about subliminal photography.

which enables you (sorry i mean apparently) you to "read" or perhaps not read but still understand text as fast as you can turn the pages which would be roughly 2 pages a second.

i must state that this is not speed reading but basicaly learning how to use photographic memory. well thats to the best of my understanding

a rough quote is that evan learning disabled people would be able to do this and one such case is in the mainstream media and he goes by the name as the real rain man.

i know this probably still sounds quite vague but as a comparisson most people read almost 1 page of normal text in a book per min.
and using subliminal photography they could read 120 pages per min.

i should oh perhaps made more of an effot to explain my question sorry

but as im still a noob here i feel i can get away with that and learn from my experience

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

but this is a new thread and you did create it? not sure what you mean...but hey welcome to ATS thanks, im new as well.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You explained yourself perfectly well

I know exactly what you mean.. I was just kinda trying to show a bit about this site and the depths of it..

Sometimes you try to find something here, can't find it, so you search the reat of the internet, find what you want.. and then, if you're so inclined, you can add your new gaine dknowledge here and shar it with others...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS my friend, I hope you find what you are looking for and I look forward to discussing your interests

Feel free to send me a message or leave me one on my profile page if you have any questions.

~Keeper

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Welcome! Welcome! Soda is in the fridge, bathroom is down the hall. Lunch is at noon. Make yourself at home. BUT NO PARTIES lol

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i have searched both the site and the net but cant come up with any details as of yet except for the vauge explanation from the guy on youtube which he states that this isnt actually reading.

when normal reading you vocalize(say the word) or subvocalize(say the word in your mind)

when speed reading you vocalize or subvocalize specific words as you described earlier.

when you subliminaly photograph the text you dont evan focus on any word just a brief glance at each page.

as ive said before this (if true) you mean you could read an average sized book in a few mins. and maybe a who encylopedia in a few days/weeks which would bring your knowledge up to an advanced level in a short space of time which would help to give you a broader wealth of insight into all kinds of stuff i will search some more and report back with my findings my only reservation is that some of the members who may know about this may pass this thread up as its in the new members section so if anyone would like to start the topic so i could post any findings there and also up my post count

thanks again

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
love how friendly you all are and i do appreciate that
nothing like felling welcome.

i would like to say that it feels so liberating to be able to say something which resembles intellegence without seeing a choir of yawns.

my interests span a wide variety of things rangeing from relativaty to 9/11 and back again lol.in short my life goal is to learn everything before i die and i know thats not possible but ill try mybest to achieve it

and hey what ya mean no parties can we just have some jelly and icecream

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to a fellow brit.

Maybe see you about on the threads.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi and welcome, Thestien.

I've not really come across this subject before so I'm quite intrigued. There is a page on wikipedia about eidetic memory which seems like a good place to start.

From what you describe this guy on youtube sounds like he might be associated with this site or similar which IMO has all the hallmarks of a marketing scam. Similar to those youtube videos of people supposedly getting checks in the mail for clicking links on google or whatever it is they do

Having said that the mind is amazing. I'm fascinated how in your normal mind's eye if you think of someone the image is always kind of vague but during a lucid dream you can observe every detail of that person just as if you had a photographic memory. I'm not sure if the mind is actually recording everything you see or if it is performing some sleight-of-hand to make it seem that way, filling in the gaps as it were the same way it covers up the blind spot on our retinas.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Welcome. Ask and you shall receive!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hey welcome to ATS.

One of the most entertaining locations on the web, you'll never really know what somebody will post next. Make yourself at home there is plenty of beer and eats in the frig.

We have a wonderful Search feature to see if something you want to post a new thread about hasn't already been posted. Trust me using it cuts down on getting your post deleted for already being posted. It is also a great way to find and join already going threads in your fields of interests.

We have a wonderful "Writer" community here at ATS. You'll fit right in.

P.S.

Don't touch my Scotch!

Peace

Slay

new topics

top topics

join