It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone tell me what in God's name this is?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Last night (actually this morning) I was outside looking up at the stars and I saw what appeared to be a red star. So I went inside and got my camera, a zoom lens and the tripod. I took pictures from 2:30am until 4:30am. This thing is stationary other than the natural progression of the night sky due to the Earth's rotation.

I used a Nikon digital SLR and a Nikkor 70-300mm zoom. My shutter speed was 1 and 3 seconds and the f stop was set at 5. All done on a tripod because of the very slow shutter speed.

When I uploaded these pictures to my pc I found them to be amazing and shocking. One of them I blew up by cropping and I about had heart failure with what I saw.

Can anyone please tell me what in the hell this is? The top picture is the original and the bottom is the same picture blown up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44526430fafc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f00cd4cd7ece.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/21/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

(removed unnec. img tags)

[edit on Thu May 21 2009 by Jbird]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
to me it looks like a blimp that does not have its big lights on, only the lights by the cabin. I blew it up 400% and that is my best guess, but still only a guess.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Interesting pic! It was a star you were looking at? Only red srtar im familiar with, this time of year, is Regulus, in LEO. Ive taken star pics before, but with low quality dispoable cameras, and on all the pics, 1 to 2 seconds at most shutter speed, the stars showed trailing in a circle, or streaked. This pic would suggest longer exposure time with camera movement or vibartions...thats all i can think of. Or, could be what otehrs call sky dragons..which are not yet understood either.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ya explain to us it's movement, did it move like a blimp maybe?

if so than we have the answer, it does look crazy tho

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I would agree with that if it wasn't for the different colored spheres accompanying it. This was about at 10 o'clock position in the sky about 30 degrees west of due south. If it were a blimp I think it would have moved in 2 hours. If you can get it to the size I have it as on my desktop, there is a red sphere, a gray sphere and what appears to be a very small sphere after those and then some nondescript thing after that. I have no clue what it is. But looking at it on the desktop, it looks like planets; however, I know I could never get a picture that defined of a planet with a 300mm zoom lens. There may be some movement with the camera from depressing the shutter, otherwise the tripod would keep it pretty stable.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I have an old Pentax film camera that I have a 2000mm telephoto for and 2 doublers I can use on it making it in essence an 8000mm zoom lens. I am going to try to get some shots with that tonight and get them developed and put on a cd. If it is there tonight, I will try to have something extremely detailed tomorrow.

[edit on 5/21/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good capture DarrylGalasso.

The main 'one' has a little sphere on it. And the others going around are interesting.

I don't think it's a natural thing. But what it is, I don't know.

ET presence? Black ops related? Hologram?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry
to me it looks like a blimp that does not have its big lights on, only the lights by the cabin. I blew it up 400% and that is my best guess, but still only a guess.

How did you do that? I tried blowing it up more and it gets so grainy you cannot even see it. This is the limit that I was able to blow it up.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It could be a blimp i suppose but it does look like some future space ship from underneath, a bit like star trek's uss voyager.
Good pic

[edit on 21/5/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hi,
except for the bright light underneath it looks a lot
like the Turkish sighting,I don't understand why it
is transiting with the sky though.

vinnyswebsite.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If you see it tonight, try upping your iso to 800.

I think you will see a touch more detail that way.

S&F

Nice catch.

Mob

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsorbust
If you see it tonight, try upping your iso to 800.

I think you will see a touch more detail that way.

S&F

Nice catch.

Mob

I am going to try tonight with a film camera because I have a 2000mm telephoto for it and 2 doublers which in essence will make it an 8000mm zoom. That should provide the best quality that I personally can provide. When I have the film developed I will get it on a cd so I can upload the pictures, provided it is there again tonight. My friend seems to think its Nibiru, I however do not share that belief. I honestly have absolutely no clue what it is other than the strangest thing I have ever seen in the sky. I think I did have the ISO set on 800 I am not sure though, it may have been 1600.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Nice capture Darryl! At first, I thought that some of the smaller lights might be afterimages of the primary one. Then I enlarged it 400% and I can see at least seven different light features -- all with different shapes, so I don't believe any are afterimages of the primary one.

I don't know what you've captured, but I think it's pretty amazing!

I don't think a blimp..... the lights seem to follow a curving arc that doesn't seem blimplike to me, unless perhaps it was turned 1/4 toward you, but to stay that way for a long time -- unlikely.

You have a UFO photo bud, and I'm pretty jealous

Agree that even with the 300mm you wouldn't be able to capture a planet with that manner of resolution. Also, you can rule out many satellites, as most are not in a geosychronous orbit. Just to rule out some known and trackable things, you can check www.heavens-above.com.

BTW, the 400% zoom...... that's a feature of Windows XP and perhaps others. It's in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. It's a handy tool. The reddest light? Zoomed in, it looks kind of bisected -- half red and half grey.

Thanks for sharing this! Looking forward to other things you find.

cheers

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Very interesting, looks like a fish!

Good to see pictures for a change

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It was kind of overcast last night. I think I saw the object again, popping in and out of the clouds; however, it was not clear enough for me to take more pictures. I will try again tonight.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i agree with a post above in that it may be a planet.

saturn with its moons is out at the moment in the southern skies.

the 2nd pic looks kinda like saturn with a moon in tow.

could be anything though! good to see someone post nice pics. S+F!

just to add, saturn appears as a red star when seen with the naked eye.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by connelly4245]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It is Saturn, not a star.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Darryl,

Can you upload the original file somewhere @ full resolution? It would be interesting to blow this up some and see what's up, but the file hosted at ATS is lossy when you zoom in. The closeup you posted is much clearer than zooming in on the full size pic.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by connelly4245
i agree with a post above in that it may be a planet.

saturn with its moons is out at the moment in the southern skies.

the 2nd pic looks kinda like saturn with a moon in tow.

could be anything though! good to see someone post nice pics. S+F!

just to add, saturn appears as a red star when seen with the naked eye.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by connelly4245]

Thank you, this does make some sense. I am still unable to understand how it could photograph so clearly though. I have tried to take pictures of Mars when it was as close as it will get to us, and they never came out with that kind of definition, actually, they weren't even worth saving. That's why I figured it couldn't have been a planet.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Darryl,

Can you upload the original file somewhere @ full resolution? It would be interesting to blow this up some and see what's up, but the file hosted at ATS is lossy when you zoom in. The closeup you posted is much clearer than zooming in on the full size pic.

Do you have a recommendation? I do not really care to take the time to set an account on face book or the likes, but if you know of a spot I can just upload to I would be happy to do so. Or if you prefer I could e-mail you a copy.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join