It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Tech - Alien Help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There is a program about to come on the History Channel @ 7:00p EST. It talks about the advent of nano-tach and some other things.

The program states that they are producing paint with nano-tech that, when dried, can produce a high-quality image. Converting entire surface areas into televisions, computer monitors and so on.

I am not going as far as saying that this stuff is from the stars, but is so advanced that it makes me wonder if any of the stuff in this program is stuff that has been reversed engineered.

If you haven't seen it already, check it out and see what you think. Some of the stuff is just incredible and it makes me proud to be a human knowing we can create this stuff.

I just wonder, why was it in the past 300 or so years that we have started making this type of progress. It's not like we haven't been around long enough, in large enough numbers, to produce this type of technology before now.

Every year now is like 10-15 years of progress when compared to earlier times.

Why now? Where will it lead?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
One of the reasons is the bigger number of people with access to the information needed to develop something, imagine how many people today can, from an early age, start seeing and studying some subject and you will see that it is not that surprising, specially when compared with the ancient Greeks, for example, that already knew steam power.

I never saw anything that could not be explained by a natural evolution of a previous invention or by an adaptation of something already known.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I understand the fact that most evrything we do can be explained. My question is; why did it take so long to get to this point?

In the past 300 years we have progressed by leaps and bounds. Like you said of the steam power, there was also metalurgy and other things that were decently far along, a long time ago - why didn' they advance to a point like where we are now?

It seems like their progress was so slow, but now and in the recent past our progress is staggering.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I think it's just a question of more people and more widespread knowledge.

Also, some things were not considered important and not worth the trouble, like the steam power in ancient Greece, they had slaves that could do everything they needed.

And while wars are good for some technological advances, they stop the advances in other areas, and Europe was at war almost constantly until relatively recent times.

top topics

join