It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kind of Sleep Paralysis but is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hi..wondering if anyone can help?

When i was younger i experienced sleep paralysis every few months for about two years. standard fall asleep and wake up paralysed not being able to move or shout but able to see.

I havent had this happen to me for years now but a new thing is happening.

I go to bed and as i begin to fall asleep i feel my body slowly being paralysed (probably the moment i actually fall asleep). I usually stop myself from becoming paralysed by trying to move/shake vigourously and i always wake up.

The wierd thing is as i begin to become paralysed i feel like im being punched/hit by something and it does feel like pain but not in the conventional way. I get scared when this happens so usually always wake myself up.

This punching/hitting feeling has happened before within dreams but i actually feel the pain and make myself wake up. It can be in certain situations for example, i once dreamt i was being attacked by a dog. the pain was unbearable so i forced myself to wake.

Does anyone know what this is? Ive seen in books phenomenon known as sleep demons. In the middle ages these demons were depicted by a sleeping human with a goblin type creature sat on their chest hitting them etc.

Any thoughts would be great.

This is my first post so apologies for errors.

Cheers

John

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It's still just sleep paralysis. It's a condition that has many manifestation from visual and auditory hallucinations to out of body experiences to the feeling of being hit, strangled, crushed, attacked and encounters with a few different types of 'entities'.

It's all just a misfire of the awake/asleep condition. There aren't any real critters visiting you. (though it's fun to think so.
)

I've had every little twist on sleep paralysis that my mind and body can come up with. All of them are well documented by sleep study folk. Nothing unusual is happening.

The getting hit feeling that you experience isn't odd at all, considering.

The only thing that bothers me about my experiences is that I can never understand what the entity is whispering to me.

en.wikipedia.org...

join