It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's new show "V", human looking aliens arrive, gain trust, turn out to be reptilian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

remember the hybrid baby birth scene.. they pulled it out it looked human then suddenly it opens its mouth and a big lizard tongue comes out. quality

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
although honestly i don't know how well it will, if it even does, justice to the original.

I'm hoping they may do better with ET's dress sense. But they have to keep the cool shades.

She was pretty hot for an alien...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ca667631870.jpg[/atsimg]

She is a hot alien but not the same without the shades.....
bring BACK THE SHADES

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0a498cdfd8f.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by greenfruit]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by greenfruit]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I am looking forward to this, even though its a remake. It seems they cancelled just about all the other shows I watch so I might as well watch my childhood being "rebooted". I was skeptical at first but after seeing those clips ( and like a post-er mentioned -Inara....mmmmmgrroowwwwl!)

What I'm curious about though is if the new series will carry the same "Nazi" overtones like the original had. You know rounding people up, turning them against one another and especially the symbolism (ie the flags draped all over the place and the uniforms).

Supposedly Speilberg is putting out a new series this fall/spring with some of the same ideas about aliens coming to earth and enslaving us. As far as V looking pretty decent (as I said IMO it does) I think the only other way to make it especially good is if they got JJ Abrams to behind this. But either way, we'll see.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I loved V when it came out in the 80's. I only hope they do it justice and keep the main plot line intact but I highly doubt it. It is good to see Marc Singer in this one as well.

Edited to add link to ABC site

ABC site for V

[edit on 21-5-2009 by jwstarry]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by jwstarry]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Looks interesting.

Any idea when this will be aired?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well heck if they're going to bring back an old TV series/Show Why not bring back a cool one like

Space Above and Beyond?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by reticledc
I must wonder about what it is that the intellects in Hollywood really know about the world. I guess perhaps society is that easy to read?

Im not even an intellect in Hollywood, and I can tell you exactly what they know about the world. And how easy society is to read.

Shows and movies about ET == $$$$

It sells, its popular. Look at the sci fi channel for example.

Like a third of our movies depict ET in some form or another.

Hell, there are even towns in the USA that have a tourism industry BUILT on UFOs/ET

They just know theres a market, and they are simply trying to cater to it.

My question is, if that is the case, why aren't there more tv series about aliens then.

I mean they got rid of the Best one out there in Stargate SG-1.....

Wouldn't your theory mean that tv would be like how it is with all the reality tv shows now.

They did it with reality tv...There are a few reality tv shows on pretty much almost every channel, but there are only a few alien/ET shows.

I still think they can only exploit it so much because there is an element of truth to it still.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist
Looks interesting.

Any idea when this will be aired?

Hey what is that in your avatar? Curious. Is that a cherubim?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Aaahh! memories!

I remember this serie, and I thought it was awsome back then in the 80's.

And I remember that I also thought that the alien/reptilian woman with dark hair was hot'n'sexy

I think her name was Diana?

Maybe it's from here David Icke got his ideas about the reptilian shape shifters?

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Apparantly its coming out Fall '09
I cant wait

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Inara...hmmmm...It is good to see her working again.

All I could find was it's "Coming soon." and I can't wait. I enjoyed the show back in the 80's, I even have a DVD of one of the movies.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i guess you all know now, that it is a remake...but do you remember that the aliens get drunk off of curdled milk...
hopefully this is as good as the original, i remember watching it every week.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

looks like a pali in holy armor from WoW

cool though

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKARonco
i guess you all know now, that it is a remake...but do you remember that the aliens get drunk off of curdled milk...

Wrong aliens that was from another show called Alien Nation

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

It's a fictional character from the Warhammer 40K universe, the Emperor of Mankind. I just added the DNA strand on the sword.
And of course the ATS logo.

The Emperor is the collective reincarnation of all the Shamans, the psyker-like individuals who guided early mankind with their wisdom and prophetic powers.

wh40k.lexicanum.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Would be nice if they let Robbert Englund have a small role again
as Willie

For those who don't know who he is he also known as "Freddy Krueger"

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKARonco
hopefully this is as good as the original, i remember watching it every week.

Not to be picky or anything but the Curdled Milk drinkers were in "Alien Nation" starring James Caan. Yet another classic.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Why is everyone so quick to point to the Reptilians as the "bad ones"?? It's been brought up on this site before (and I think it makes a lotta sense), that it may in fact be the Reptilians who are the good guys and the Nordics with their Greys that are the "bad ones". If this is in fact the case, then propaganda like this will only further peoples misconceptions of who they'll be able to trust when either race does decide to show itself.

Reptilians actually our friends...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Thats not a new show, its a remake of an old series originally made in the 80's.
mini series that is.
Wonder why they are doing it again? hmm

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
They are blatantly trying to put doubts in people's minds so when this actually happens.. no one will trust them.
Whatever the media tells you, usually the opposite is true.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join