It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

true mason information

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
False - the difference is that in Freemasonry, you give the oath line by line, and you're free to stop at any time if there is a single point you don't agree with.

Why would they make you agree in advance, then?? Additionally the candidate is told that the oath will not conflict with his neighbor, his country or his god, which he later discovers to be false.

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
You will forfeit your very life if you break this obligation.

False. The ritual specifically implies that the inclusion of any penalty is unnecessary, because the obligation is binding on your conscience.

This should be good news to ex-Masons who fear for their lives.

And that is fair enough, because that is what you agree to.

No mason agrees to any such thing.

They agree to whatever the Worshipful Master says.

Blindfolded, with a hangman's noose around your neck, and a dagger held at your heart you swear an oath under duress you have no knowledge of beforehand, that you cannot later revoke.

Absolutely false.

Please provide the correct wording, then.

Sounds like fun, huh?

I enjoyed my initiation tremendously, and felt a great pride in the oath I took.

You took pride in swearing to have your tongue cut out and buried at the seashore? Wow, reminds me of a documentary I saw about the Mormons.

I would like some of you Craft Brethren to deny this is true.

See my comments above for clarification on what is true and what isn't.

Too bad you didn't explain in any amount of detail whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by parisinflames
It just bothers me to see something I hold dear in my life, be battered by some who probably walks around wearing a cloak, and speaking in olde english counting down the days until Renaissance festival comes back.

Some people think that drinking blood is dear to their life

Originally posted by parisinflames
But land of the free...free to be an embarrassment..and free to dream up your little fantasy worlds while you make my whopper.

Do I detect a bit of classism? What happened to that good ol' Masonic spirit???

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
I found this link (a .exe file) that shows a small tour of the building.

One of the worst things you could do on a discussion forum is link to an exe file.

reply to post by Silver Shadow

The Freemasons are not a secret society. Our oaths pose no danger to anyone's life, whether they break their oath or not. Plus the Freemasons are not the only group that makes you take an oath. I don't know if I've said it before, but I'll say it now; the oath of a Freemason appertains only to Freemasonry, nothing else.

If you go to a Lodge and ask for the a written copy you will not get it. It would be a violation of the oath and only Brothers know the oaths. Plus we don't just leave written copies lying around.

Of course not, the Freemasons are members of a secret society. Semantics ...

As for oaths posing no danger to anyone's life you might wanna look at this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: Search the web for "masonic murder" and you wil come up with lots of intriguing stories.

reply to post by Silver Shadow

Joining the Freemasons is strictly voluntary. If you don't want to take an oath, you don't join. Technically, you are told how much it will cost after you become a Brother; it's called dues and in my Lodge it's $100 a year. As I said before, but you hadn't seen it yet, that there is no threat to your life from taking these oaths. You have read wrong on exactly how the rituals go and have taken it out of context. You are not held under duress. if you don't want to do it we don't force you - you must ask to join, we don't recruit.

Part of the oath is not to reveal secrets. The oath itself is not revealed until after you agree to it, which is ridiculous.

There is indirect recruiting, by talking about Masonry enough to entice people to join. There are also Masonic billboards, bumper stickers and signs. Jewelry catalogs have a section for Mason rings.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Masons do not take blood oaths. I'd punch somebody if they tried to take my blood. Again, no oath supercedes any other oath someone has taken, including their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Freemasonry contradicts the Bible.

The Freemasons have many charities (public and anonymous). Examples: Shriner's Hospital, Knight's Templar Eye Foundation, Scottish Rite Schizophrenia Research, the Masonic Child Identification Program, and every local Lodge usually has something unique to them. My Lodge gives out scholarships to highschool students going to college.

kgr8, but there is an old adage: "better to have bread in water in peace than cakes and wine in fear" or something like that. And it's too bad that the Freemasons are in cahoots with Big Pharma.

Are you saying there is a war between you [conspiracy theorists] and the Freemasons?

Look at the Wikipedia article for Masonic Conspiracy Theories. If you go to the discussion page, you'll see that they block all attempts to include anything except really ludicrous stuff, such as connections to the lunar landing hoax and 9/11. Seeing that they only allow other Freemasons to make edits, it's terribly written and looks like nothing but a big whitewash job.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Blindfolded, with a hangman's noose around your neck, and a dagger held at your heart you swear an oath under duress you have no knowledge of beforehand, that you cannot later revoke.

I just realized how absurd this statement is...

Even if there was a dagger held at your heart when you give the oath (which there isn't), how could you possibly know if you're blindfolded?

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Saurus]

Maybe your lodge can't even afford a spare dagger, but it happens in other lodges.

You know that it's held to your heart because you can feel it, duh. Your breast is bare when you're taking the oath btw. If you couldn't figure that out, it means that you are wearing loose clothes with your shirt pull back to expose your left chest - sorta like a medieval version of a toga.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
You know that it's held to your heart because you can feel it, duh.

While this may happen in other jurisdictions it certainly does not happen in New Jersey.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
While this may happen in other jurisdictions it certainly does not happen in New Jersey.

AM, you're feeding the . . .

. . . . well, you know.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
AM, you're feeding the . . .

. . . . well, you know.

Not my intention Brother. I learned my lesson regarding speaking about ritual and assuming it is the same all over the United States. Several Brothers have pointed out differences both subtle and profound so I now couch my statements with the above disclaimer. I may add that I do not think that the dagger prop is used anywhere in the United States but I do not have a copy of each jurisdictions ritual book so I can not say for certain. Perhaps you have some further insight.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I may add that I do not think that the dagger prop is used anywhere in the United States but I do not have a copy of each jurisdictions ritual book so I can not say for certain. Perhaps you have some further insight.

No, I'm with you. I do have copies of most U.S. Grand Lodge Rituals that are printed and have never seen a dagger used. This is of European origin and there are probably some who still do this.

I was just pointing out that vcwxvwligen's posts do not appear to want to actually learn anything as evident by the bitterness of his/her posts. Pure bitterness toward people he/she doesn't even know and coming from someone who's never once attended a Masonic meeting, but is an expert because he/she read something on the internet.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Satanists are not above using deception to fulfill their goals.

Neither, apparently, are Christians.

So you have a gripe about Christianity?

Buddhism and Freemasonry are quite incompatible. Buddhists don't agree with most, if not all, of the tenets of Freemasonry.

Incorrect. For example, Spencer Compton, who served several years as Provincial Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England, is a Buddhist. There is also one Buddhist that I'm aware of in my own Lodge.

A Buddhist wouldn't care about becoming a grand master of a Masonic lodge, more so a Zen Buddhist. Maybe someone else would have appreciated the position more?

Here is a link to website created by a Buddhist Mason:

Link

That website provides little to no connection between Buddhism and Freemasonry, except that Buddhist meditation could be used to speculate on Masonic symbols, which is akin to saying that Buddhism and Judaism could be practiced side-by-side. It seems more like a way to shuttle impressionable teenage boys from Buddhist meditation over towards the Masonic lodge. What Buddhism and Masonry do have in common is that practitioners consider both not to be a religion.

It is also interesting to note that in "Morals and Dogma", Pike called the Buddha "the first Masonic legislator".

And yet look at what Albert Pike has done for Freemasonry, ie made people think of it as a Devil-worshiping cult.

You are correct that a Buddhist would need to be extremely unorthodox in his practices to be able to practice Masonry as well.

Not at all. There is not a slimmer of incompatibility between Buddhism and Masonry. Another point of interest: Aleister Crowley was himself a practicing Buddhist when he became a Mason.

Again, look at what Aleister Crowley has done for Freemasonry.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

It's obvious that you're the one who doesn't know the secret

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Something tells me that denials wouldn't make for a very good documentary

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I can't remember the name of the name of it right now, but it calls itself the 34th degree of Freemasonry. If it turns out not to be officially recognized, then you guys have something to pile onto your plate

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by senrak

Bitterness towards people who lie.

I have met a number of Freemasons. They have treated me kindly, but that's not to say that I would trust them, or that I'd like to meet them again. I've also met plenty of women who seemed to be zombified under the influence of Masonry, and they were frustratingly annoying to deal with.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So the ATS members are lying to you? Otherwise why the obvious anger?

I have met a number of Freemasons. They have treated me kindly, but that's not to say that I would trust them,

I don't blame you. I sure wouldn't want to trust people who've been nice to me.

or that I'd like to meet them again.

I fully agree. I'd rather meet the people who are nasty to me.

I've also met plenty of women who seemed to be zombified under the influence of Masonry, and they were frustratingly annoying to deal with.
I'll have to admit...that's a first. I've never heard anyone say anything that even comes close to this. Most women I know aren't the least bit interested in Freemasonry, let alone "zombified" (what ever that means) by it. Oh well, I guess I associate with a different class of women.

Ta ta vcwxvwligen, it's been very....strange

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

So the ATS members are lying to you? Otherwise why the obvious anger?

Yes, the Freemasons on here who pollute the forum with their empty worthless denials, even the Freemason mods

Originally posted by vcwxvwligenI have met a number of Freemasons. They have treated me kindly, but that's not to say that I would trust them,

I don't blame you. I sure wouldn't want to trust people who've been nice to me.

or that I'd like to meet them again.

I fully agree. I'd rather meet the people who are nasty to me.

Then I have no choice but to assume that you're a fantastic judge of character, and not at all liable of being misled through your own selfish impulses

Originally posted by vcwxvwligenI've also met plenty of women who seemed to be zombified under the influence of Masonry, and they were frustratingly annoying to deal with.
I'll have to admit...that's a first. I've never heard anyone say anything that even comes close to this. Most women I know aren't the least bit interested in Freemasonry, let alone "zombified" (what ever that means) by it. Oh well, I guess I associate with a different class of women.

Ta ta vcwxvwligen, it's been very....strange

You've never met a woman who just acts like a social robot? Actually, calling them "women" is a bit of an overstatement, because they tend to act a bit childish at times.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Please tell us more about these Masonic zombie women... Your crediblity is out the window anyway, and you are an excellent storyteller, so we may as well enjoy our time here.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It's obvious that you're the one who doesn't know the secret

All this time I have been studying the 'secret' which was communicated to me. And I have been looking in the wrong place?

We should be so humble as to be instructed by a non-mason on the 'secrets' of our fraternity. My brother I implore you, enlighten us with the secrets of which you speak.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So you have a gripe about Christianity?

...Gripes? Like the way you just implied that Crowley and Pike were terrible for being Buddhists? You have a gripe about Buddhism?

People are people, joining one group or another, doesn't mean they transform into something super human. Freemason, Buddhist, Christian, their all just titles, what somebody does after they claim those titles is more of a reflection of the person who does them than the origin of the title.

Somebody could join the Catholic church tomorrow and then go shoot up a school or something equally worthless the next morning and people like you would say the Catholic church murders school children. People like you insisting that something is because of one reason, doesn't make it so.

Sorry to come off bitchy, I'm getting tired of the same ignorant attacks over and over trying to connect every negative act on the planet to the Freemasons. They are people, just like you. None are perfect, and the majority of them are great people, why focus on the few negative things as opposed to the many good things?? This is what starts racism and God knows how many other problems.

God Bless.
-Task

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join