It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drive a Hybrid? Get a [front row] Parking Spot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ok, here it is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8c71f44740f.jpg[/atsimg]

Appearantly stores are offering front row (in most cases) parking to hybrid car owners. I just heard about this today, and I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I think, ok, the store is just trying to promote environmental awareness, that can't be bad right? On the other hand, i'm kind of outraged. I drive a truck, which I NEED and use for my business on a daily basis and I cannot afford a second vehicle, let alone a newer hybrid, but some environmentalist gets preferential treatment because of what he/she drives!?

This article states

A number of stores, including Home Depot and Office Depot, have set aside primo parking spaces just for hybrids

But thats not it,

preferential parking isn't the only perk enjoyed by hybrid drivers. Many states allow hybrids in high-occupancy vehicle lanes with just one occupant. While we're at it, what about free parking? In Los Angeles, cars with the California Clean Air Vehicle decal — some hybrids and other vehicles that get more than 45 miles per gallon — can park for (you guessed it) free

I'm not sure what th think about this. What do you think?

-E-

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Unless there's a law, then the sign is only a suggestion; I would take the spot up on purpose on principle alone.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Haha, good idea. If I see one of them here in Texas, I can guarentee my truck will be parked in it!

-E-

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
if they get mad at you for parking your truck there

tell them your truck is a hybrid

you have a battery dont you?

for my car i would say "of course mine is a glass / plastic/ metal hybrid"

they didnt specify "what kind of " hybrid

[edit on 21-5-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Do they check under the hood? No? Just buy the stick-on embems and make it look like one.

Will people have to wear "hybrid owner" armbands or perhaps instead "non-hybrid owner" armbands for the rest? Will non-hybrid owners have to step aside on the sidewalk when hybrid owners walk by? Will hybrid owners get to sit in the front of the bus? Will only hybrid owners count as a whole person for congressional representation? Will the non-hybrid owners get any representation? Will the hybrid owners attempt to secede from the union?

First they came for the non-hybrid owners.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That could be considered racist since hybrids are primarily owned my white upper middle class and wealthier people.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Does this count as a hybrid?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/818da7429090.jpg[/atsimg]

-E-

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That gets you one point toward a LEED rating,

SS c4.3 (sustainable sites)

www.usgbc.org...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fvk12

I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

SS C4.3 3 points
Alternative Transportation:
Low Emitting & Fuel
Efficient Vehicles
LEED: Provide low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles for a percentage of FTE occupants or percentage of parking capacity, and preferred parking for vehicles.
BMC: Parking capacity and designation of preferred parking shall comply with BMC Title 10, Chapter 1, Articles 14, 15, and 16. All parking plans shall be approved by the Community Development Department, Planning Division, and Public Works Department, Traffic Division.

-E-

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Perhaps this is one as well (brand new with the window sticker still on it).

(no, noone was hurt)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I park in these every chance I get. I have an H2 and just to piss off the hippies I leave the A/C running with the windows down. Then I throw my cheezies non bio-degradable bag out of the window

brill

new topics

top topics

join