It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
o god.....i smell a lot of bashing coming my way but here it is anyway. sounds like a joke but still, thought it would be worth while to post this.
Human Extinction

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by silQ]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
o god.....i smell a lost of bashing coming my way
Human Extinction

If you feel this way then why post these kind of topics

AND PLEASE POST THESE KIND OF THINGS ON BTS

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I...I...I don't know what to say...It's the "humanitarian alternative to human disasters"?

I mean, I think we need to protect the environment, but to wipe a species out because they're causing damage, and to wipe your own species...:shk:

EDIT:

Besides, returning Earth to its natural splendor and ending needless suffering of humanity are happy thoughts -- no sense moping around in gloom and doom.

no sense in moping around in gloom and doom? They want to wipe out the human race!

wildlife rapidly going extinct and 40,000 children dying each day are not laughing matters

Good point, let's prevent the 40,000 children from suffering by wiping out a billion of them...

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Human Extinction

ok...this is WEBSITE RELATED!!! y would i post it under bts?!?!?!?!?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

sounds like a joke but still,
Human Extinction

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by silQ]

This is why i reckon it should be on BTS.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am going to give you credit recently on tv news was a report from a city in italy in wish people were not having enough babies and the goverment was offering money rewards for having more babies per family so, I guess it is a possibility, now this people in Italy were having sex just not having babies.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All I can say is: If you don't procreate, someone else will.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Human Extinction

ok...this is WEBSITE RELATED!!! y would i post it under bts?!?!?!?!?

I've seen worse organisations that actualy promote suicide and canibalism. I just don't get it, whats the point of letting the human race die out to let the environment heal itself is we aren't arround to enjoy it? It's pointless, the only ones to die out will be the ones who support this idea while the rest of us who want to keep the species alive inherits the earth.

Silly silly people, if the human race dies out, its going down fighting

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I can understand limiting the number of children people have because the world IS overpopulated after all. Aren't we all getting a bit cranky with each other, being packed in so close like sardines and continually rubbing elbows, I would say that means we're overpopulated. (I believe road rage is a major symptom, and supermarket checkout rage, air rage etc etc )

BUT...I don't believe the human race should be made extinct. I don't think it needs to be, but childbearing needs to be curbed because we ARE running out of life-giving resources.

Admit it, there are way too many people popping out babies, one after the other, year after year, either because of religious beliefs (we can't use birth control or God gives us a better place in heaven the more children we have) or because of tax credits and welfare.

Aside from the issue of world resources and overcrowded conditions, I have to say it annoys me greatly when I go to the store and have to be very careful how I spend the money I worked my ass off for while some welfaerie in front of me with 10 kids is buying food I can only dream about on food stamps.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have a feeling that the only people who would volunteer for VHEMT are the ones that realise that they have no chance of re-producing in the first place, hence they may aswell join a cause to justify their deeper issues.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
A nice thought, but like so many other 'causes' they are basically doomed from the start.

Ranger > as for no humans to be around after our extinction to enjoy the planet, it wouldnt matter, most humans dont give a crap about nature or the environment anyway, unless of course it makes them look better in the eyes of others.

I wonder if VEHMT has a ofshoot group for those who refuse to breed because they don't want their children to inherit the mess called Earth?

new topics

top topics

join