It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason Symbols, Architecture and Graffiti

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hello everyone, as promised in this thread I will be providing the highest quality pictures of Masonic symbols, Architecture and Graffiti. Some of this is dated to the actual beginnings of freemasonry itself in the late 16th century. I hope you all enjoy and hope this will contribute to all who are researching freemasonry.

First I would like to provide the history of the following places I am showing in my pictures.

Lincoln Cathedral

Lincoln Cathedral (in full The Cathedral Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Lincoln, or sometimes St. Mary's Cathedral) is a historic Anglican cathedral in Lincoln in England and seat of the Diocese of Lincoln in the Church of England. It was reputedly the tallest building in the world for nearly a quarter of a millennium (1300–1549), though this height has been questioned.[1] The central spire collapsed in 1549 and was not rebuilt. It is highly regarded by architectural scholars; the eminent Victorian writer John Ruskin declared, "I have always held... that the cathedral of Lincoln is out and out the most precious piece of architecture in the British Isles and roughly speaking worth any two other cathedrals we have."

Remigius de Fécamp, first bishop of Lincoln, ordered the first cathedral to be built in Lincoln, in 1072. Before that, St. Mary's Church in Lincoln was a mother church but not a cathedral, and the seat of the diocese was at Dorchester Abbey in Dorchester-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. Lincoln was more central to a diocese that stretched from the Thames to the Humber. Bishop Remigius built the first Lincoln Cathedral on the present site, finishing it in 1092 and then dying two days before it was to be consecrated on May 9 of that year. About fifty years later, most of that building was destroyed in a fire. Bishop Alexander rebuilt and expanded the cathedral, but it was destroyed by an earthquake about forty years later, in 1185......

more here...

Truly this was the most beautiful Cathedral I have ever seen as far as architecture goes, there was so much history there I felt blessed. I just wish I could have read some of the rare manuscripts in their library unfortunately I did not have time...another day....

All of these pictures are the sole property of kdial1 and may not be used and/or reproduced without the express written and/or oral permission from kdial1.

First I would like to say that today I went to Peterborough Cathedral and saw the most fascinating freemason symbol I have ever seen in my life. It was a Gold compass with an all seeing eye in the middle of the compass. I have never seen anything like it. I will be providing that picture tomorrow, as I did not have my camera with me at the time of my visit.

These first pictures are of Graffiti I photographed in Lincoln cathedral. First I would like to provide this picture showing ancient freemasonry graffiti and then you can actually compare it to the pictures I took.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/7401d903d157a327.jpg[/atsimg]

No after looking at that, here are some pictures I took in Lincoln Cathedral, which I believe this graffiti/Architecture dates back to the late 16th early 17th century. Also there is graffiti of the tic tac toe symbol all over the cathedral.

Masonic Graffiti
Masonic Graffiti 2
Masonic Graffiti 3

I do have more but they are hard to make out due to the light, I am going to have to due some contrast adjustments so they can be seen more clearer.

The next ones are of the Architecture that is just phenominal and put me in utter awe. Again this is Lincoln Cathedral. I am putting these on mediafire, these are bigger files you can download them and examine everything in detail.

Architecture
Architecture 2
Architecture 3
Architecture 4
Architecture 5
Architecture 6
Architecture 7
Architecture 8
Architecture 9
Architecture 10
Architecture 11
Architecture 12
Architecture 13
Architecture 14
Architecture 15
Architecture 16
Architecture 17
Architecture 18
Architecture 19
Architecture 20
Architecture 21
Architecture 22
Architecture 23
Architecture 24

I also believe that John Ruskin may have signed his signature in Lincoln cathedral, if someone who knows Jogn Ruskin's writing style could please analyze this inscribed signature it would be greatly appreciated. I have not found any information about this yet so if in fact this is his, whoever finds this information I will include you in the credit for it.

John Ruskin ???
John Ruskin ??? 2nd picture

I will be including Knights Templar pictures in the coming days, I am just tired....posting this was alot of work as far as uploading goes.....whew... oooo and I will be including the Mason Symbols as well from Peterborough. In the meantime enjoy these pictures and read up on the history..... I will update this ihere soon

ENJOY!!!

-Kdial1

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

First off, let me just say that this is a beautiful structure. secondly, I would say that the markings on the stones and in the pictures are like signatures. They are marks used by the workmen to sign their work. Each craftsman had a marking that identified the artist of the work.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Level_Head]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
is there a quick fix for the architecture links? they seem to be broken.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by network dude]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
is there a quick fix for the architecture links? they seem to be broken.

They seem to be working....

Kdial1

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level_Head
reply to post by kdial1

First off, let me just say that this is a beautiful structure. secondly, I would say that the markings on the stones and in the pictures are like signatures. They are marks used by the workmen to sign their work. Each craftsman had a marking that identified the artist of the work.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Level_Head]

Yes you are spot on, here you can see different Mason markings:

Mason Markings

In the 16th and 17th century it was required of them to put the marking there. This is what distinguised them from other stonesmiths.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I seem to get

is there something I am missing? Sorry to be a pain, I just wanted to see the pics you took.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I seem to get

is there something I am missing? Sorry to be a pain, I just wanted to see the pics you took.

It may be AVG doing it. Might want to check the options like it says on the image you took.

Anyone else having problems?

-Kdial1

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

I seem to get

It may be AVG doing it. Might want to check the options like it says on the image you took.

Anyone else having problems?
Yeah, I'm not seeing squat. Host the pics on ATS please.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Ok, I will try I think they are too big for ATS though. Be back in a few.

I am uploading them on imageshack right now... the pictures are 10 MB a piece so it is going to be awhile....defintely worth looking at though.

-Kdial1

[edit on 21-5-2009 by kdial1]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Beautiful pics. I am curious, though. In the first picture labeled Architecture in the OP, there are strange Black and White Hourglass shaped registration markers on the building and on the bat house hanging on the wall. Anyone have any idea what those are?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Beautiful pics. I am curious, though. In the first picture labeled Architecture in the OP, there are strange Black and White Hourglass shaped registration markers on the building and on the bat house hanging on the wall. Anyone have any idea what those are?

So I take it the pictures are working now?

I am guessing those are for the restoration that takes place constantly on the cathedral in order to preserve it. So maybe something to do with that?

Glad the pictures are working now.

Here is a youtube video done by someone else, I just have high quality photos in my OP.

Also, in Lincoln cathedral there is this picture on the stained glass.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29ceb987c307.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyone know the signifigance of a dog on Jesus's plate?

I tried taking pictures of it while I was there but with the light shining through my little Kodak camera could not handle it and it was not visible...might be for some if anyone is good with photoshop. Anyways the above picture shows it better. Anyone know what this signifies?

Edit: Here is my picture that i adjust the brightness and contrast on.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/755c7b92559a.jpg[/atsimg]

-Kdial1

[edit on 22-5-2009 by kdial1]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Anyone know the signifigance of a dog on Jesus's plate?

Are you sure it's a dog?

In Peru, the Cathedral of Cuzco has a famous painting of The Last Supper (by Marcos Zapata) showing Jesus about to dine on guinea pig. Since Guinea Pig is the staple diet in that country, it was painted so that the locals would relate better to the last supper.

Since the painting became famous, a number of clones around the world have painted a guinea pig on Jesus' plate, following on the tradition of Cuzco.

Guinea Pig Last Supper

Cuzco Cathedral

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hey Kdial,

Please try to upload to the media portal...i'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

Here is a slide show i have put together of my visit to the cathedral in march this year, i duplicated the first few pics in the slideshow, but please bear with it, there are more that follow, the statue in the grounds in the first pic is Lord Tennyson:

s659.photobucket.com...

Wish i'd knownabout the graffiti, but as i'm local i may visit again when i do the castle in summer

There are a few people who are trying to decode lincoln cathedral, Dan Green being one of them. Here is a link if you are interested:

the first clue was a strategically placed roundel (one of 64, the number of squares on a chess board) on the stained glass Great East Window within the Cathedral – discovered only in 2005 – which shows Jesus at the scene of the Last Supper, except on his platter resides not the cup of the Grail, but , instead, the figure of a dog…..the follow up clue, some forty eight years later, came with the placing of a statue of Alfred Lord Tennyson, famed Grail poet, in the precincts of the Cathedral, laden with Priory clues concerning the mysterious dog symbol, awaiting to be noticed and decoded, and pointing further to the awaiting Magdalene and what awaits with her

home.clara.net...

andrewgough.co.uk...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

So some people can see my pics and others cannot. I am going to sign up for a photobucket account like yours and get them on here.

BTW you have some beautiful pictures, I believe you will enjoy my pictures as well.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Yeah pretty sure it is a dog, it has a tail... I do not think quinea pigs do.

Here is someone who is also trying to decode this.....

www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk...

-Kdial1

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Thanks Kdial, ATS member Armap is great if you need media help if you do want to get your pics on the portal, you may need to resize them. The pics i took were just with my camera phone, i have an SLR now so when i go back i hope to get better pics, did you see the castle too? It was shutting as i finished the cathedral and so i will be doing the castle first next time round. Lincoln is a great city....so old and quaint. I want to take more pics of the city centre too including the mother church you mention in your opening post and jews court. The story of St Hugh is both sad and fascinating. I cant wait to see your pics

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Ok here it is:

s723.photobucket.com...

There is a library in lincoln cathedral that contains tons of rare manuscripts and the public is alowwed to read some. I would be there is something buried in the library that explains the stained glass with Jesus and the dog on the plate.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

reply to post by kdial1

Can i say one thing....
Your pics are amazing dude and definately worth the wait. I had took a load more and they didn't turn out, i was especially dissapointed that the one i took of the clock/dial window didn't turn out well. Thankyou for sharing your amazing pics...you even have shown me things i missed...and i spent a good few hours in there

It is an amazing building, and i'll be checking out the library...i didn't know about that either. I did however know that the areas historical archives are kept in lincoln (i think jews court), i was going journey they're to dig some info up on my village and surrounding area...bit like looking for a needle in a haystack unless you know what it is your looking for though, or so i'm told. I fortuntately do know what i will be looking for

Great pics again dude....absolutely awesome

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

You're thinking about the York Rite, particularly the Mark Master degree.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Check out Dan Green's www.blog.world-mysteries.com... torch/

For a wider understanding of his vast study of Lincoln cathedral and hypothesis go to 'Dan Green (Author) - Wikipedia'

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join