It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEAKED: CIA Congress Torture Briefing Log

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

LEAKED: CIA Congress Torture Briefing Log

turnerradionetwork.com

Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi has been telling the public that she didn't know what was going on and/or the CIA lied to her. This document will lay that lie to rest.

The link below will provide you with the actual Log kept by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), proving which members of Congress knew what, when they knew it and which of their staff members were also present at these briefings!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hmm, I am not sure what to make of this, and I question the authenticity of this document. It just doesn't look like other documents I have seen...

For instance, where is the CIA seal? Or small document reference numbers at bottom?

But if true, Nanci Pelosi needs to resign. Lying scumbag.

turnerradionetwork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I agree....it is hard to determine if it is a legit document in the form it is presented. As you say if true then it does show she was informed but to what extent? I can not stand Pelosi and would love to see her get caught red handed. Another interesting name that popped up all over that document was John Rockefeller....hmmm wonder why?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

lol, yeah...I saw that too. WTF does Rockerfeller have to do with this (publicly)?

Of course any self-respecting conspiracy theorist knows EXACTLY what he has to do with this.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This ding-bat broad has back peddled her way from one that knew nothing to one that was briefed, but told that they had the tactics and didnt use them.
Did you see Newt on Daily Show Tuesday night? Go get her Newt.

She should not be allowed to resign, she should be fired.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't think the CIA was completely truthful to anyone in Congress. They used euphemisms like "enhanced techniques" to make torture sound more palatable.

IMO a lot of people in Congress were probably aware of the fact that unusually harsh methods of interrogation were used at Guantanamo. Those who let it slide are morally as guilty as Cheney and the Bush administration.

But if you insist that Nancy Pelosi should lose her job then all the others should be unseated as well. What good would it have done if she had resigned in protest during the Bush years? She probably would have destroyed her career and that's all.

Being a Democrat doesn't put anyone above suspicion, though. They were unacceptably passive, in most cases, when many probably had a clue as to what was really going on.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well after seeing John Rockefeller as one of the first people to be briefed on this, makes me suspicious. Is there another John Rockefeller, or is this THE Rockefeller, and what business does he have being briefed by CIA over secret programs?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Of those, Nancy Pelosi has outright lied. She should be fired, and if possible, tried for treason.

You don't subvert the US Government without committing treason.

And if guilty, the bitch should be taken out and shot.

This will stop a lot of this releasing classified documents and doing irreparable harm to the intelligence services and the efforts they make on behalf of national security.

Anyone else on that list that lied and said they didn't know should likewise be fired.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
pop goes the weasel!

oh snap!

i believe this is when everyone looks at themselves, then back at her, then back at themselves, nods and gets a pitchfork and torches!

bye bye! no more using military jets as personal taxis, no more turning lights off on people, no more LIES!

and shouldnt they all be fired?

knowing someone is commiting illegal acts and doing nothing shows complacency.

what the hell is rockefeller doing in nearly allll briefings, and on top of it, getting extra briefing.

evil evil evil

edit: when it says Full Committee, doesnt that mean EVERYONE present?

[edit on 5/21/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Couldn't have stated it better my friend.

Did she really think the CIA was going to take the fall for her?

Thankfully she was sadly mistaken, she needs to get the boot, and I'd enjoy seeing her behind bars.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Well after seeing John Rockefeller as one of the first people to be briefed on this, makes me suspicious. Is there another John Rockefeller, or is this THE Rockefeller, and what business does he have being briefed by CIA over secret programs?

Well this dumb Canuck recalled that he is the US Senator from West Virgina, and a simple look at his website told me he is a member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

You know...sometimes it is just a cigar, eh?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wait there is a John Rockefeller in the congress. But I have no idea which committee he sits on.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Actually, his name is Jay Rockefeller, Democratic Senator for West Virginia. website: Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)

So this raises a couple of questions. The first has already been brought up -- mainly, what evidence is there that this came from the CIA and not just someone with a copy of MS Excel? Second, if it is legit, how on earth could the CIA get J.R.'s name wrong?

Also, I haven't had a chance to check myself, but are all the people on the list Democrats? that in itself would be suspicious. i seriously doubt the CIA briefs only democrats or republicans without at least *some* mixing.

Edited now that I took the time to check. Porter Goss was in the 9/4/02 meeting with Pelosi. He was a Republican Representative from Florida at the time and a couplee of years later became CIA Chief.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Apparently whoever made this hasn't read DoD 5200.1-PH... The classification at the top and bottom are all wrong. Tsk, tsk.

Try making a better fake next time.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Highground]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The more I see of this document the more I think it's just some excel document from a secretary that they used to set up meetings with.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
well if you go down this list and you say all who raised your hands that objected to this blantant disreguard for American Values... raise your hand... and the rest... are helping to destroy your nation....

unless, someone can prove torturing people is in the national interest... as I believe cheney or bush said in so many words... how dare them mess with America... we need signs like Texas has.... Dont Mess with The States just for Congress ....

any way might want to keep this safe and secure... if we the people ever get our country back... these people need to know what it feels like ....

DONT TREAD ON ME OR MINE --- and speaking of such .... have you noticed the numbers of Cowards in the Country have like went off the scale.... ????

[edit on 23-5-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Actually, his name is Jay Rockefeller, Democratic Senator for West Virginia. website: Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)
... if it is legit, how on earth could the CIA get J.R.'s name wrong?

If you care to check that site again, you'll see where it refers to "Senator John D. (Jay) Rockefeller IV "

Best fire that research team of yours...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Since when did a politician lying to the public become a shocking news event?

I cannot believe the amount of hypocrisy infecting this country lately! If you liked Bill Clinton, his lies about an affair were okay because of what he did with the economy? If you like Bush/Cheney, their lies can be excused for all the Muslims they got rid of for us? Obama supporters think his lies must be forgiven since his wifes arms are so pretty? WTF is so difficult to understand?

Politicians have always lied to us and always will! Many have violated the Constitution this nation was founded on and consistently tread on every law in this land! They do not pay income tax! They cause the rest of the world to despise you! They take bribes and kickback from corporate interests and pharma despite that they are destroying the health of its citizenry! They do this while keeping the now needed health care out of those citizens reach! They make you pay all the tax, yet gain zero benefit from it! They have suppressed wages purposely to drive you into poverty! They've destroyed education; economy; Military; healthy food and water; free market enterprise; and even your vote! They allowed foreign banks to repossess your property, while also making sure you pay twice as much to them later from your pitiful wages!

Their bombardment of lies are devastating to every human in their wake, yet people still choose to support one liar over another? What makes it possible to pick only some liars out to be punished? Looks to me that lies are not the problem. If you oppose liars you oppose them all? If it is lies you despise, at least don't embarrass yourselves by shouting out against the less significant ones? Pelosi, at this moment, has told the tiniest lie compared to all the others going around! Why pick hers?

Peace.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst
Pelosi, at this moment, has told the tiniest lie compared to all the others going around! Why pick hers?

Because two lies don't make a truth, just like two wrongs don't make a right.

You sound like you've pretty much accepted all the lies and wrongdoings of politicians as matter-of-fact, and that we should not expose them anymore. Well I am not going down that road. I've been helping to expose lying politicians ever since the day I joined ATS, and will continue to do so until I can't type or speak any longer, regardless of the "severity" of the lie. The grand web of deception has to be dismantled sooner or later.

Ever seen Ron Paul intentionally lie? I don't think so. If so, please show me how, when, and where. We had a chance to put someone in the White House who is a truth teller, and the public blew it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You misunderstood my point. Other than Dr. Paul, I do not except any of them. I find that arguing, usually with each other, over petty issues like the Pelosi thing is ridiculous considering all the bigger issues. No matter how hard they try to convince you, Pelosi is not relevant. The likelihood that this federal government is not only corrupt, but significantly infested with foreigners. Non Americans at the highest levels there to destroy the US as we know it, IS! I believe we are late in the fourth quarter of a game that was planned, developed and applied many years ago. Current events and knowledge of actual world history exposes this reality that, sadly, far too few Americans bother to even question? These petty debates over irrelevant subjects only distract from our real problems.

Peace.

top topics

join