It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Cheney's defense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
OK well i'm sitting here watching Obama's speech and it kinda was a good speech.
then i watched Cheney's. I think that it is appalling that Cheney had to speak in defense of the Bush administrations war on terror..
never before have I heard oh A acting administration blaming "EVERYTHING" on the previous!!!
Saying that i would like to say that Cheney gave one of the greatest speeches i have ever heard. He made good points and defended the actions of himself and the administration.
Bye the way I voted for Obama so don't go off on some left vs the right thing..
Peace out

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Every new administration blames all the problems they inherit on the previous administrations...that's the way it always has been. When Bush came into office they constantly blamed their wows on the previous Clinton administration...and the same with the Clinton's. They blamed the former daddy Bush admin. It does not mean a thing at the end of the day to critical thinking individuals. They know that most people in this country are incapable of critical thinking.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
"Critical thinking" please explain, and i should of explained better. what I meant was as far as I (37) can remember there was a code in the presidency that you didn't trash previous presidents because you don't know what kind of predicament you will be in or the"critical decisions you will have to make.
I thought that was a given?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What makes you think Cheney wrote it?

He's one of the biggest criminals to ever set foot in the white house.

And I agree with Gizmo.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffcoatsawakening

Occurs he is defending himself and the last administration, after all they created the term "war on terror" to be able to leach the nation of tax payer for years and generations to come, to support the big private blood sucking monster that is operating in Iraq and Afghanistan behind the military industrial complex.

He is reaping the benefits and profits of all of it, nothing but a big corrupted and dirty rat.

It most be nice to make out of the blood of our military men and women and be able to sleep comfortable at night.

And Obama is just perpetuating the same crap.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
wow tell me how you really feel.. I'm sorry but i don't feel that this level of hatred existed until we the people got impatient and wanted out. i don't speak for others but to me Americans are to impatient they want everything now and if it doesn't happen they (we) start screaming for blood..
No matter what side your on we all felt a certain way on 9/11 and I feel that we have forgotten
the Bush administration never forgot and for that I salute.
ya know they did the dirty work and made "critical decisions so that we could go to seminars, rant on our computers and think that we are morally higher than them. Text!!!
SHAME ON US

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffcoatsawakening
wow tell me how you really feel.. I'm sorry but i don't feel that this level of hatred existed until we the people got impatient and wanted out. i don't speak for others but to me Americans are to impatient they want everything now and if it doesn't happen they (we) start screaming for blood..
No matter what side your on we all felt a certain way on 9/11 and I feel that we have forgotten
ya know they did the dirty work and made "critical decisions so that we could go to seminars, rant on our computers and think that we are morally higher than them. Text!!!
SHAME ON US

We could go to seminars and rant on our computers before the criminal mob known as the Bush administration came into office.
His administration had the world behind them going into Afghanistan yet that as it appears now was not their intention from the get go. They started an illegal WAR,lied to Congress,lied to the American people,lied to the UN,lied,lied,lied,lied! And if that was not enough Cheney actually SHOT A MAN IN THE FACE!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffcoatsawakening
SHAME ON US

LOL, boy are you on the wrong forum, good luck

carry on

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You are going to get eaten alive.
I like your attitude, but you are going to get eaten alive.

There are ways for people like us to survive on this forum and that is definitly not the way. You might want to lurk around a bit, gain some poster knowledge and try again.

EATEN ALIVE!!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

You are going to get eaten alive.
I like your attitude, but you are going to get eaten alive.

There are ways for people like us to survive on this forum and that is definitly not the way. You might want to lurk around a bit, gain some poster knowledge and try again.

EATEN ALIVE!!

LOL
@
eaten alive

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Rest assure OP opener, nobody is going to eat you alive, I will make sure of that.

But remember that is many people like me that knows the whole government corrupted pursue that started even before 9/11, yes I admit, I am one of those conspiracits that believe 9/11 was an inside job, but hey that is my take of the situation.

After all the whole sequence of events after that tells the story of how we were sold a war and a conflict that had all corporate greed written all over.

BTW my husband is a retire Marine and he served in the first gulf war for 18 months.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

ya know they did the dirty work and made "critical decisions so that we could go to seminars, rant on our computers and think that we are morally higher than them.

Critical decisions? They made up the whole War on Terror thing and got all the news media to keep repeating the lie until everybody believed it. The decision was to make the public think there was a big threat so they could do what they want - increase military funding, invade a few countries, get more control over the remaining oil etc. What did the lobbyist organizations who wanted this to happen get? Multi-billion dollar contracts for weapons and new technology, stock profits, international business contacts etc.

Its a dirty world and the Bush administration was unable to cover up its dirty deeds. Its as simple as that.

And dont get us started on 9/11. The world has probably never experienced an event where its so obvious the government was involved in it.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Cheney seems to be in the spotlight more in teh past few months than the entire 8 years he was running the country (yes, i mean what it says). While i actually thought the speech was well done, it smacks of trying to save face and retain credibility, both of which were ended after the Obama administration came in. I do not recall any former VPs running around trashing the new administration, but sadly i never really paid attention before.

But really, after what his kid said about what's right for the country and that every American, whether you're a Republican, Democrat or independent, would agree that before critical decisions are made about national security of the nation, we ought to have a full and fair debate(paraphrased) ... yeah, i can't seem to take anything he, or she, says seriously.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan
Cheney seems to be in the spotlight more in teh past few months than the entire 8 years he was running the country (yes, i mean what it says). While i actually thought the speech was well done, it smacks of trying to save face and retain credibility, both of which were ended after the Obama administration came in. I do not recall any former VPs running around trashing the new administration, but sadly i never really paid attention before.

But really, after what his kid said about what's right for the country and that every American, whether you're a Republican, Democrat or independent, would agree that before critical decisions are made about national security of the nation, we ought to have a full and fair debate(paraphrased) ... yeah, i can't seem to take anything he, or she, says seriously.

Al Gore never had a kind word when asked about the Bush administration.

I never saw a President blame the prior administration as much as this one does. He signs a a spending bill worth almost a trillion dollars and blames the Bush admin for the state of the economy on the same day. I'm tired of hearing how he "inherited" this problem.

He didn't inherit it. He chose it. He ran a campaign that discussed the issues he says he "inherited" so we know he wasn't suprised by them.

It works both ways.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I usually try not to trust, defend, or give praise to someone who basically has an army of contract psychopaths and assassins at his disposal. Just a personal rule of thumb.

Peace

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Listening to Cheney’s speech yesterday gave me a feeling that I’ve decided to describe as disgust. Still after eight years invoking 9/11 as a justification for his corrupt and distorted ideologies seems to be counterproductive to the direction I feel America and Americans are trying to move. As much as I hate to say it because of the lingering questions and hidden truths that go along with the mentioning of September 11, I believe that what we are trying to do is move on. The fear mongering tactics of Dick Cheney seem outdated.

The use of 9/11 in his speech yesterday was graphic at best and disturbing at worst in the fact that he was using it to defend torture and himself, which in and of itself is a conflict of interest in that the argument has no base. Torture is illegal no matter what side you look at it from. Jesse Ventura explained this well on The View a few days ago. The laws and orders that Cheney implemented and the power that he bestowed upon himself was also illegal and unconstitutional. Aside from this point, I’m actually extremely insulted by Cheney’s speech against Obama and I feel the American people.

What I feel Cheney has accomplished by his time in power is to destroy the foundation of America and everything that I grew up to believe in, along with the Republican party. I have a hard time believing that he did this in defense of our country. I think that he's hurt enough people and is only further inflaming the debate and dividing the country. He should go away, like Bush

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
No matter your views of Cheney, the man has the right to speak his mind, just as much as Jimmy Carter does, and Al Gore.

I get the feeling that the man may be positioning himself, contrary to his stated intent, to run for the White House. Whether he will or not, I don't really know, but it does seem that way to me.

Good thing? Bad thing? Don't know.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Cheney has information vital to national security and he is withholding it. I call for his torture to protect us. He calls for his torture too. So, torture him, please.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I usually try not to trust, defend, or give praise to someone who basically has an army of contract psychopaths and assassins at his disposal. Just a personal rule of thumb.

Peace

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Dr Love]

You mean Obama has made the contracting of his thugs public? I am glad we are finally seeing the "transparent" government he promised.

Maybe he inherited the psychopaths and assassins like everything else?

The one thing about blaming EVERYONE else for EVERY thing is there is not enough blame for you! Obama admin has MASTERED this technique!

Dorian Soran

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

That is the exact feeling I am having too, Cheney for president? that will be the day that the mighty US finally will die.

But then again he may be the one that the NWO wants to finalized the last steps, he has the markings of a brutal Dictator with thugs to torture and kill anybody that opposes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join