It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unintended Consequences of Global Meltdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Inasmuch as China’s central bank is now the largest holder of U.S. government and other dollar securities, it has become the main subsidizer of the U.S. payments deficit – and also the domestic U.S. federal budget deficit. Half of the federal budget’s discretionary spending is military in character. This places China in the uncomfortable position of being the largest financier of U.S. military adventurism, including U.S. attempts to encircle China and Russia militarily to block their development as rivals over the past fifty years. That is not what China intended, but it is the effect of global dollar hegemony.

www.counterpunch.org...

Please Note: This is just an opinion

For one reason or the other I have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking to many individuals who are from different races and cultures and I am often stunned by their world view as opposed to my own worldview.

In writing this I recall speaking to a Somali from Mogadishu who was a visiting Professor studying and teaching Economics at the U of R here in Regina. This would be early 2007 or thereabouts. I wired up his apartment for telephone and cable as I spoke to him concerning the North East corner of Africa.

Without getting into detail he told where he was from, and then gave me a summary of his view of the Decline of the American empire. I was stunned.

Of course here in North America it was not that apparent back in 2007 but to those on the deep fringes of the American Frontier it was very apparent as they saw the deleverage of American investment taking place sooner then we in the Homeland had seen. Of course the void needed to be filled and the Chinese have taken up the slack.

To boot I was somewhat startled when speaking to Canadians coming back to Canada from working in the Caspian Region and hearing that the Chinese have now, in a very low key fashion, begun to dominate the region. Timeline of this is a few weeks ago.

America had been sidetracked by the Iraq and Middle East oil grab having somehow lost the tussle North of Osama and crew with the battle now growing toward a fever pitch near K city in the very near future. Most roads in and out of said K city are not in our control. It’s always the little fox that spoils the vine.

The vine being spoiled is of course Afghanistan the crossroads of Asia...and of future Oil Pipelines.

Of course President Obama is more aware of this then any of us are which would be a factor in his new crop of white hair. Former President Bush’s silence on all things Afghan is eerie as well as he is well aware of what is developing in the region.

So are the Chinese.

They border Afghanistan as well so they have a deep interest in this fabled land.

Speaking of which I also have the privy of speaking to a few Chinese students here in the Capital of flatland and when I come across a few who speak English rather then the so called “Chinglish” (mixture of Chinese and English…any Chomsky fans?) I am often stunned by their world view as well.

The Chinese world view can be summed up as follows…”The American Empire is a relic of the past...” yep...to these youngsters the world is their yen…long live Mou or whoever. Lol

Of course if I speak to any of my American relatives I gain the standard American world view. Again I am stunned as to how contrary the American World View is in reference to many other cultures world view.

As one who loves the freedom granted to those of us who live in North America by the US Constitution and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom I now often find my self reflecting on and if these rights will be passed onto my children and their children.

I do not see the love of those rights expressed in daily conversation much as I believe we are not aware that these rights are in danger of being stripped from us as we undergo a culture shift from Baby Boomer dominance toward what I refer to as the new Lost Generation dominance.

I can see that as the culture shifts here in North America toward our childrens world view the ideas given to them may be that of a different flavour if the American dominace begins to wane and all things (fill in the blank for new world leader) begin to creep into North American society.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, the crumbling empire has indeed come home to roost. Many still have their heads burried in the sand because it is still being semi propped up on wobbly legs. This will not last much longer and the dance is comming to its final stages.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

You see like I see it.

I truly hope I am wrong...I hope my opinion is wrong as I can see some very nasty scenarios play out.

Pravda recently published this little doozy and I know that the Russians are licking this up....doctorbulldog.wordpress.com...

« Nancy Pelosi vs. the CIA65-Year-Old Sacramento Coin Store Owner Shoots and Kills Robber »Pravda Tells Us How Marxists Dumbed Down the U.S.A.
Yup, you know that things are bad when even Pravda agrees that America is now a Marxist country! This article should be printed in every Newspaper across the country!:

American capitalism gone with a whimper
Pravda

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.

True, the situation has been well prepared on and off for the past century, especially the past twenty years. The initial testing grounds was conducted upon our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was. But we Russians would not just roll over and give up our freedoms and our souls, no matter how much money Wall Street poured into the fists of the Marxists.

Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and betters.

First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know more about their favorite TV dramas then the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their “right” to choke down a McDonalds burger or a BurgerKing burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our “democracy”. Pride blind the foolish

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
why does everyone keep referring to the "Decline of" the American Empire??

in Reality, the American Empire is just getting started. So buckle your seat belts!

America is in the process of taking over multiple nations and no one is standing up to stop it. I dont see a decline.

I see a Rise.

And this isnt a descent into Marxism, because Marxism is impossible to make a reality (because humans are corrupt)

What we are seeing is better termed as Fascism, when corporate influences merge with the state and the people are subjugated

[edit on 21-5-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

in Reality, the American Empire is just getting started. So buckle your seat belts!

America is in the process of taking over multiple nations and no one is standing up to stop it. I dont see a decline.

I see a Rise.

Fill me in brother cause I need some good news.....tell me how we will dominate!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I see a Rise.

Let's make a list of potential countries to invade.

Here's what I came up with.

Iran obviously.
Kuwait - Already occupied
UAE - oil
Saudi Arabia - oil
Qatar - oil

Several of the stans surrounding the caspian sea - oil

Nigeria - oil
Mexico - oil
Venezuala - oil
Canada - oil
Paraguay - water?

I think China would be a waste of time - too many damn people
India - why bother?
Pakistan if we have to I guess

Australia - Plan B if our continent sinks

Fiji - Doesn't hurt to own a spare Hawaii

[edit on 21-5-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Most are past peak oil.

I believe Iraq and Canada are the only two mentioned that are not past peak oil.

Nigeria is a hell hole and the third largest movie industry.

Chinese dominate Africa...just ask any African.

Yet the main thing you infer is the standard American worldview...kick ass and ask questions later cowboy view....not unlike myself....or most of my friends.

Thier are other viewpoints that stand in direct contradiction to yours and they carry a surpriseing amount of wieght.

Unsettling viewpoints.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There is no doubt that things are changing and the relative balance of power is tipping away from the US.

But America still has some "oomph" left in it.

You want to know the secret of when we will really know that America has collapsed? This will be the day when there are no longer any "America is declining" screeds on the internet, or any America-bashing, or any talk of how "America is irrelevant." The Internet is packed to the gills with hundreds of millions of posts and threads and sites and rants about these things. When this is no longer the case, that will be the final proof that America's time has passed.

You don't see many "Zambia-bashing" threads, or people arguing that "Zambia has no relevance to world affairs." There is no need to state this or to make that argument, because it is self-evident. Nobody feels the need to kick a man when he's down...its only the Goliaths that get the slingshot treatment from the Davids of this world.

The lively presence of hundreds of thousands of "America is declining" articles and threads on the internet is proof that America is still alive and kickling.Res ipsa loquitur, as they say.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
U.S. to Steer GM Toward Bankruptcy

The Obama administration is preparing to send General Motors into bankruptcy as early as the end of next week under a plan that would give the automaker tens of billions of dollars more in public financing as the company seeks to shrink and reemerge as a global competitor, sources familiar with the discussions said.

Are americans still productive or not? Is america rising or declining? Who's right, who's wrong? Hmm, I'm wondering what will happen next?

Maybe america is like a phoenix.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
U.S. to Steer GM Toward Bankruptcy

Are americans still productive or not? Is america rising or declining? Who's right, who's wrong? Hmm, I'm wondering what will happen next?

Maybe america is like a phoenix.

Are Americans still productive?

Good question.

America gave the world computers, Operating system, internet, and this Western system is certainly dominating.

Dell Computer has opened a new factory in Warsaw Poland.

Maybe America is still rising in ways.

But what I also see that we have lost allot of our edge in certain areas.

Our influence is waning.

India, China, Russia and Africa receive most new investment while America is undergoing the opposite.

This fact alone should be alarming.

Fiat owns Chrysler, GM is moving toward China and with GM in China comes all the jobs for the Chinese.

In return our car industry closes down in Canada and the US.

GM called itself the heartbeat of America. It used the famous” Like a Rock" Bob Seger and the Silverbullit Band for its ads.

Now the rock is gone and the heartbeat of America is heading toward China.

Nary a whimper from the terminally dumb.

But much of the United States is looking more like Garden City. New census figures show more than one-third of the people in the United States are non-white and a staggering 47 percent of the population under the age of 5 are a minority.
www.cnn.com...

A new generation is here.

It sports a different demographic then previous generations.

Decline? US rating cut in the wind.

Gross’s Warning

Gross said in an interview yesterday on Bloomberg Television that while a U.S. sovereign rating cut is “certainly nothing that’s going to happen overnight,” markets are “beginning to anticipate the possibility.” Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman, speaking in Hong Kong today, nevertheless argues it’s “hard to believe” the U.S. would ever default.

www.bloomberg.com...

Loud Paradigm Shift Rumblings

Numerous events have taken place of global importance. Alone, each story seems of some significance. Together, they paint a mosaic of extreme change in a very dangerous sequence of events that fit together. The greater aggregate story is that a tremendous paradigm shift is underway, with early steps and major moves by global players in clear view. The Western analysts and pundits and mavens are missing it. A PARADIGM SHIFT HAS BEGUN, WITH BANKING POWER SHIFTING TO THE CREDITOR NATIONS AS THE USDOLLAR IS SUPPLANTED, MADE POSSIBLE BY SEVERAL NEW INSTITUTIONAL PILLARS AS WELL AS NEWLY FORGED ALLIANCES.
news.goldseek.com...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by whiteraven]

top topics

join