It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open the Camps - Obama Is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

This is where Bo's civilian security force would come into play or the beginning of it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Most excellent Post!

All I can say to those pricks are,

I am ready to go with over 25 thousand other Military Veterans that are speaking up and active so far.
Their are Millions and Millions of us. The best you can come up with at one time is maybe 25 thousand. Good luck with that!

Hell, Hitler was a little smarter at this game I think.

I've been on here holding back most things about Obama and the puppet masters this last election.
No More.
No More indeed...........................

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I had a feeling Obama would be the same as the other president bush for eg since the media were pushing for him and he is a cousin to a former president.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

You may not see it in Congress, if he makes a Presidential Decree he can do it with out needing Congress to ratify it. I think each President since Lincoln has pushed the bounds of Presidential Decrees a little bit. Clinton, Bush II and now Obama have pushed it a lot, of course so did FDR too.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by djzombie
They keep using this term "incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried"

what exactly is preventing them from being tried?

That would probably be circumstantial evidence. Or they do not want to reveal their Informants that are out there. I wonder what burden of proof they will use- or are they going to “assume” that you were intent?

I had emailed a friend last evening about the timing of the arrest of the Domestic Terrorists in New York, the DHS report, the DHS Lexicon and the militia report from Missouri. If you add in the Bills before Congress- it does not paint a very good picture of what is on the horizon.

If I went to a Tea Party and I was on certain websites, I am sure that they could leap and say that he was incited some vague definition of sedition or conspiracy and be arrested and detained in the night.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

tptb will be using mercinaries and un troops and all should know this.sure they will have some american people baffeled and confused or paid off and muster the support of those whom have been affected by their fear tactics,but it will be outsiders when it hit's the fan.personally i'm praying as thou my a$$ depeneds upon it cause it does!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Question
Justify this Obamatons,

There may still be a few around, but most have ran away. A pile of new ones showed up for a few months before elections. They were probably some of those paid internet people that Obama admitted to. And as far as the 'regulars' here who were smitten with Obama, they have mostly disappeared.... off meditating on 'change' and drinking more koolaide or something

Actaully I believe that they have donned their white shoes, pants, and shirts, drank their Koolaid and caught the comet.

I would guess now, that they are taking a step back realizing maybe that this isn't the change they were after. Suddenly silent awaiting their checks in the mail and new high paying Government jobs. Only to find that those checks are not that big, those jobs are gone, that stimlus bill and all that work is years a way. The tobacco you smoke just got more expensive ... everything is a lie...or is it just inexperiance?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMaster

In experience? Not with these statments.

Puppet? most likely, but still going through with it.

I don't want to bring up the other option. It would make me sound like the Roman Catholic that I was born and raised as, and I've been avoiding that for 30 years...............

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Jesus H. Christ!!!

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, people on the nightly news are talking about it. I find that sort of worrisome. I'm glad to see people defending constitutional rights but if this is some NWO plot, why is the media talking about it? Why is the president? Are they trying to prepare us for what is to come?

I think they are getting this subject out in the open now, and then will probably plan another 9/11 style attack, but this time homegrown terrorist will be at fault, justifying the need for preventive detention.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
And my family wonders why I voted Republican for the first time in my life...

This is absolutely terrifying, especially when you couple this with all of the other crap he is putting on the books.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

They are simply placing the words Preventive Detention into the lexicon.
Later, a law will be passed...when we're not looking.
Just one more piece to the puzzle....
Just another day at work...

There is no hurry
They know they still need a fascist youth-
The time is close
But not yet

-How can we steal some more money while we wait?

I hope our children grow up with a big voice to counter the coming youth
brigade.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just don't understand why Obama would want to "establish a legal basis for the United States to incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried..." (The source for this quote is from the New York Times article the OP included in his thread.

If they these terror suspects have committed a crime, then we should have them arrested and give them a fair trial. That's how law and justice work in the U.S. according to the constitution. If they can't be tried, does that not mean there wasn't sufficient evidence for them to be arrested and charged? And if there's not sufficient evidence for that, why would be want to detain and incarcerate them? This goes against everything the United States stands for and certainly sounds unconstitutional.

Our constitution is the most sacred of our laws under which we all (presidents included) must abide.

I'm extremely disappointed. I was looking forward to change...not more of the same.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I've had to come back and re-read the thread again.

It's like in my worst thoughts this would happen, but yet I still cannot believe it.
Look at the last 5 years. It's unbelievable. People are on such a fast track, that they do not add it all up.
If you went back to 1990 and told someone that all this was going to be in place the next day, they would have put you in the looney bin.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's on and poppin

Like many of you have stated, we ATS'sers have seen the opening of the FEMA camps coming; just didn't know what was goin to be the major event to get the ball rolling

How people that think we are all just 'conspiracist quacks' cannot see the NWO in full effect is beyond me...

I guess the mom that is on the run with her son would be considered a potential terrorist too, all because she doesn't want to comply with the court ordered poisoning...

I'm now getting calls from peers that I tried to wake up saying, " this is starting to sound like that 'stuff' you've been trying to tell me about"

I definately don't like the part about " no trial, no evidence"...maybe the evidence part is so other "suspected terrorists" are not made aware of just how they are being monitored...

yes, it is time to get ready..........

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Butter Cookie]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
With the opening of the obama camps, he will begin to further the agenda of the elite, and this plan has been under way since 1975. In 1975, 32 congressmen, 92 senators and house representatives signed a "Declaration of Interdependence". Thus planning to give away our sovereignty, our money, and the very land we are living on!

Remember when Obama said he was going to "spread the wealth"? Well, he wasn't the first to say this, for back in 1975, Marjorie Holt said the same thing when she voted no on that Interdependence vote! Our country it seems has been gone for a long time now, and we're just finding it out.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well, this is interesting. It seems that all is moving according to their plan. And to think that they pegged people who saw this coming as conspiracy theorists. Well, I guess it isn't a quite the conspiracy if they are blatantly making it apparent and are turning it into law RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES. What happened to the good ole' days when they took away rights in increments???

But Hey...many of us knew that this day would come, so, it sucks to say this but, "We're in it now and its been coming for a loooooooooong time." All of our recent presidents have played a part, and this one is no different. They're all controlled by the same special interests, control groups, corporations etc. And ultimately...WE let it happen. We let them get out of control and played the game right along with them. We did nothing other than our "civic duties" and went out LIKE ZOMBIES and voted...WOW!!! We voted for a corporately owned 2 party system. And SURPRISINGLY, even though we clearly can read the #2 in the phrase 2 party system, we actually STILL CLING TO THE IDEA that we are voting in a democracy. 2 choices does not constitute a democracy...it constitutes ownership. They pass laws without public scrutiny or observation. They legalize torture. They sell our economy to the highest bidder, and sell our soil for additional commerce to our supposed ENEMIES. They have scandal after scandal involving money laundering, illegal transfers, lobbyist schemes and anything else dubious that they can get into. They sell weapons to our enemies, create false flags, outsource our labor, and possibly even kill their own citizens for profit...911

SO, don't tell me that THIS surprises YOU GUYS. Each of you are quite intelligent or you wouldn't be typing on this particular thread. It's all a design, and you guys are aware of this. Until people really stand up, its going to continue going this way, and I think you've all got a grasp on how this is going to turn out.

The fact is...most people will not act until it begins to affect them personally or their livelihoods, so, I don't expect too much to change for the positive.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Very good analysis.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Voting republican would not have saved the situation either. It was going to happen regardless. That's why the last president (Republican) installed the Patriot Act and legalized torture...all of that was a precursor to Obama's proposal, which will merely be a precursor to something else. This is unavoidable no matter which party you vote for. They are all OWNED by the same people. The same lobbyists from major Corporations show up to both parties conventions and try to buy them off, and typically, they are successful.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom
I just don't understand why Obama would want to "establish a legal basis for the United States to incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried..." (The source for this quote is from the New York Times article the OP included in his thread.

If they these terror suspects have committed a crime, then we should have them arrested and give them a fair trial. That's how law and justice work in the U.S. according to the constitution. If they can't be tried, does that not mean there wasn't sufficient evidence for them to be arrested and charged?

I agree, if they were found to be consorting with known terrorists or were overheard plotting to commit acts of terrorism...then there would certainly be something to charge them with right? If we have nothing to charge them with...then what the heck did they do?
And wasn't one of the arguments for closing gitmo the fact that these "detainees" were not receiving fair and speedy trials?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join