It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open the Camps - Obama Is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My sorry from these alarming news - looks like era of "Fema Camps" is coming soon...

“preventive detention” - Sounds like nightmare!

I am so lucky to live far away from US --- Sorry guys, but this is not looking good at all!

[edit on 21-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
absurd

every day that goes by our ways of life are changing

it used to be innocent until proven guilty

that used to be one of the things that made america great

but now it is becoming more and more
guilty until proven innocent

and now it is becoming guilty no matter what if anyone even expects you might do something that might make you guilty

screw em, lets all be guilty together and make a new country

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk
I hope this is just some lunatic spewing bias. If not, I'm looking for houses in Canada.

You better go further than that. Canada will be collateral damage if Obama is going to go this far. Canada will fall in line and those people up there will be in the same situation.

Obama isn't qualified to be President. It doesn't surprise me that he is going down this road. The problem is only 40 percent of the people voted for this whack job. Does he really think he can do any of this? I dare him or anyone else try to do this on a scale they are talking about. It would be one of the last things they tried on this earth....
Good luck to them...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Originally posted by djzombie

what exactly is preventing them from being tried?

No evidence against them, most likely.

Man, if this is true...(waiting for uninvited DHS visit, cleaning weapons, loading clips)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Perhaps now everyone understands why all the weapons and ammunition have been purchased by average Americans ...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I know i have a tendency to overreact?....Could it be that my very soul knows whats ahead and insight?

Anyway, i have tried to go the route of telling my family about Alex Jones, and others they should listen to, and they look at me and shoosh me as if i was MENTALLY ILL.

I literally have given up, the only thing i can do is just listen and absorb what i can and prepare for it all to come down. I'd like to get them all into a room, sort of an 'INTERVENTION' and lock the door and have them listen whether they want to or not. My fear doing this would be that they would call the men in the White coats to come get me, unbenounced to me.

I dont talk about it anymore, or send emails, or make any effort. We'll just leave my family and friends out of the loop, i guess.

They deserve it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As entertaining as stories like these are, I need to remind you all that that's just what they are: Stories! I am 40 years old and have been hearing all these "theories" about some kind of Government take over, population reduction, or chipping since Reagan was elected. I find it interesting that everything is always in the planning stages and for the past 30 years has never advanced passed that. Except for Obama, all the "key" players . People say the Fema camps are already built, well where the hell are they? Amazing how so many know of the existence of these, but not the location. And if the location is a top secret military base, once again, how the hell does anyone know, by hearsay? The reason no one knows where they are and can prove it is because NOTHING like this will ever, nor can it ever take place. If it ever was even considered, that news would spread fast. Do I trust our Government? Not one iota, our GVT is worse than China's because at least their GVT screws everyone over openly, ours does it covertly, or openly covertly, by that I mean the bailouts, I also believe they had a heavy hand in 9/11. Yes I believe they will kill their own and do what it takes, but for MONEY, not any of this other nonsense people keep alive because so many books, seminars etc. bring in alot of this money,besides I still believe that there are some in GVT that are honest (somewhat) and caring enough that should this happen, they'd blow the whistle on it, not all Martyrs are people only involved from one side of the fight.

So let's get more involved with UFOS and the like, I love this site and I'm here daily, I'm just tired of hearing all this.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93
Putting this out in the open like this shows a new boldness. Detaining citizens without evidence or trial... indefinitely. Looks like they might be getting ready to open the camps.

This is such blatant evisceration of the Bill of Right it is incomprehensible that it can even be discussed.

From recent reports from DHS, MIAC etc. we all know who they consider "terrorists".

What reactions do you all think actions like this would cause amongst the general populace of sheeple?

Will you stand for this?

New York Times source

Snippet...

WASHINGTON — President Obama told human rights advocates at the White House on Wednesday that he was mulling the need for a “preventive detention” system that would establish a legal basis for the United States to incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried, two participants in the private session said.

“He was almost ruminating over the need for statutory change to the laws so that we can deal with individuals who we can’t charge and detain,” one participant said. “We’ve known this is on the horizon for many years, but we were able to hold it off with George Bush.

This applies to enemy combatants that we have detained while there is still a war on terror going on. The US did this during WW2 to those we were at war with and they were released upon the cease fire of hostilities when it was over and done with. I am sure we will do the same here.

[edit on 5/21/2009 by Evisscerator]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Look at the bright side: at least now we know what the change is going to be.

Changing guards at the concentration camps.

Face the reality, Obama is just another Hitler figure. Antichrist archetype. He's just a psychopathic usurper on one massive megalomaniacal power trip and going for broke.

The elite of this world know they can't survive technological and cultural evolution. They are parasites, always have been. Sooner or later they know they will get deposed. And since they are psychopaths, they would rather rule an atomic wasteland than let humanity progress into an epoch of peace and prosperity they could share.

Ponerology more or less explains the psyche we see manifested in more and more public figures.

There are two routes to fight this, one being pacific non cooperation. Just let the system fall, and if this is not enough, then there is the other one. I hope it dosen't come to this, but with all the guns in America, if the elites push it I suspect there will be a civil war, of unknown dimensions. The second option is of course violence.

Love is the right choice, but will the american people see it?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Um reality check please: He is closing Guantanamo and wants these types of crimes also included in the legal system instead of like it is now, chaos.

His presidential guidelines is that there should be a legal process for terrorists because currently there isn't.

for example in over 7 years only I think 4 of the hundreds of people in that prison have even been tried and they lack basic legal rights.. Also because it's so twisted it serves a recruitment tool for new terrorists.

Sure, there are probably some really bad guys there but also innocent people who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Afghan villagers got paid for bringing suspects to the US army and then they just got shipped to Guantanamo without legal rights.

Obama is trying to fix this.

He gets blamed for being too soft and in this thread he's blamed for being too hard....

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Shades1035]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
As bad as what everyone here has said is... the very worst part of this article has been missed entirely.

They said Mr. Obama told them he was thinking about “the long game” — how to establish a legal system that would endure for future presidents.

I guess as a constitutional lawyer, Obama forgot that the executive branch (that includes the president and the attorney general) don't make laws. I'm beginning to think that he doesn't even have a law degree much less a constitutional law background.

I can't believe that the focus has been on what will happen IF he does this and not on the fact that he CAN"T do this legally. The most concerning part - that people think that he can do it therefore, the masses have given him the power to do it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
Um reality check please: He is closing Guantanamo and wants these types of crimes also included in the legal system instead of like it is now, chaos.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Shades1035]

There are already laws regarding the actions terrorists engage in. Murder, Attempted Murder, Assault, etc.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

what you speak of is how it should be, and how it is legally

but that isnt the way it is anymore

lately none of that matters

yes its because like you say, we have given them the power to make things that way

but also in my opinion because of the out of date party system we have

democrat and republican

i think thats crap

that whole majority minority party crap is absurdly ridiculous and out of date

basically what it seems to allow now is that whoever the majority is, works and acts as a single entity

so instead of having all the senators and members of the house and the executive branch working as single people each representing the views of the people they have been elected to represent

they instead work for and represent out of touch and out of date partys that in my opinion dont belong in our government nor do they deserve the opportunity to be in our government

this party system has allowed money to be the biggest influence in our government and has taken away power from the people by making the politicians answer to the party rather then the people

yes the people vote along party lines and all that crap, but that doesnt mean thats how it should be

so unfortunately now, whatever the president wants, the president gets, just by telling the people in his party below him what to do, and as members of that party, they are pretty much forced to listen, or go against their party, which can be career suicide, and thats all that matters to politicians, their careers, not the people, not the country, not the well being of our future

and that is how obama can make statements about laws he is going to make

because he is the one that will make them, maybe not how it will "officially" happen

but thats the way its happening

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Obama has now declared himself Hitler, and us law abiding, patriotic americans have become the new "jews" so to speak. I hope our state militia and our military remember their oath.

Personally, if it was me in charge of the military, I'd be marching to washington right now to arrest Das Fuhrer Mr. Obama (no, I will not call him "President")

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

No, Angus .. you got it right the first time. Mayberry 'overlooked' the part where Obama said this -

WASHINGTON — President Obama told human rights advocates at the White House on Wednesday that he was mulling the need for a “preventive detention” system that would establish a legal basis for the United States to incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried, two participants in the private session said.

'Preventive detentsion system' for people who he deems 'terrorists' and who he can't legally hold or have trials for.

This isn't for terrorists caught on the battlefield like GITMO ... this is for AMERICANS here at home.

hmmm ... terrorists ...

'right to life' moms who pray rosaries and walk in front of abortion clinics ... gun owners using their 2nd amendment rights ... soldiers returning from war who lean to the right (already saw the Obama administration trying to claim they were potential right wing terrorists) ...

the list of Obama's political opposites whom he could (and probably would, IMHO) round up and call 'terrorists' under this new system is frightening.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

and don't forget conspiracy to commit murder

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hey .... a few weeks back Obama told everyone that there was no 'war on terror'. So if there is no 'war on terror' ... then exactly what 'terrorists' does he want to lock up as a preventative measure in these facilities?

ONE GUESS!

US!!

Dr. Love nailed it. They are going to destroy the economy ... institute a NWO economy ... take our money and our freedom .. and when we complain we will be shoved in these centers as 'terrorists'. Betchya Dr. Love is correct.

(he said the money part .. I added the NWO part ... )

[edit on 5/21/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

I agree, except I choose to call him "Il Duce Dui", out of respect for my grandparents, who escaped Mussollini...

If there is ANY merit to this claim, (and it appears there is)... This is truly criminal. Herr Obama has suggested that anybody that doesn't align their belief system with the NWO is potentially criminal, and should be detained without regard to Habeus Corpus.

Is anybody else locked and loaded???

This Quaker is.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Obama must have been born with a pair of giant ones. Everything he says he will do at first...he does the exact opposite. Is there any reason this law could have a positive intent. I wannt to give him the benefit of the doubt.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
I wish I could say I was suprised. But then, there are a few of us that have been screaming about this for how long now?

Justify this Obamatons, come on this thread and explain to me and everyone else how this is for the greater good. Tell us how it's all nessecary for progress. That is what you all call yourselves right? "progressives"?

Progressivly stupid, useful idiots. That is all you will ever be.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by aravoth]

I agree, I want to see Southern Guardian and Hunka Hunka (among the few I've found here on ATS) to come here and explain this! I DARE them! Yes I'm calling YOU out you gutless liberal hippies to come here and explain to us WHY this is a "good" change

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join