It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open the Camps - Obama Is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Putting this out in the open like this shows a new boldness. Detaining citizens without evidence or trial... indefinitely. Looks like they might be getting ready to open the camps.

This is such blatant evisceration of the Bill of Right it is incomprehensible that it can even be discussed.

From recent reports from DHS, MIAC etc. we all know who they consider "terrorists".

What reactions do you all think actions like this would cause amongst the general populace of sheeple?

Will you stand for this?

New York Times source

Snippet...

WASHINGTON — President Obama told human rights advocates at the White House on Wednesday that he was mulling the need for a “preventive detention” system that would establish a legal basis for the United States to incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried, two participants in the private session said.

“He was almost ruminating over the need for statutory change to the laws so that we can deal with individuals who we can’t charge and detain,” one participant said. “We’ve known this is on the horizon for many years, but we were able to hold it off with George Bush.

+12 more 
posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

I'm at a loss for words. This defies logic. If the person can't be tried then they haven't broken any laws. This whole thing is turning into a bad movie.

+4 more 
posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Indeed they are getting bolder while the dumb masses are getting more...uh, dumb.

+1 more 
posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
yeah america ... you are doomed ... I just cannot believe what I am reading ... you guys live in hell ...

+10 more 
posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Doesn't this do a complete 180 from his stand on the campaign trail all terrorist suspects deserve full U.S. Constitutional rights and the privileges guaranteed under those rights? Or is he planning once he gets this to expand it to 'potential terrorists' who are U.S. citizens?

+11 more 
posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Incredible.

Absolutely incredible.

The fact that he's even considering it proves he isn't what the media and the masses made him out to be. Change indeed.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

When Barry said he would shut down Gitmo he failed to mention that it was so he could franchise it all over the US.

Although at this point it doesn't even look like that will be shut down.

Right after he was elected I had Obama supporters telling me, "see he is going to shut Guantanamo down! See he is the one." My response was, "It'll never happen, just keep watching..."

And here we are...

If you change your change back to what it was before the change, is it still change?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Obama is proving over and over again that his so called Civil Rights background is a joke!

As I listen to Cheney now openly attacking everyone from POTUS to the Congress to the press I wonder if this is some calculated production specially made for the US people. How convenient that Obama would be considering this at this time followed by these speeches. No matter what, it appears the US is not going to change....NO Change Obama should be the name we call him. This is full Cheney Bush crap and I am sick about it all@

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is outrageous and tragic: (, In america, yuoa re supopsed to be innocent until proven guilty...holding someone for no real reaso, jsut becuase of suspiscion, goes directly agaisnt the constitution and yuor lega l rights. That is wha tthe CIA and FBI are supose ot be for, aas well as cops...to look for the guilty ones, not whord just anyone up!!!
Really, obama and the government are letting us down much faster day by day...
I wonder what the supreme court justicses of the past are doign right now, besides rolling over in their graves..

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93
reply to post by eNumbra

If you change your change back to what it was before the change, is it still change?

He never defined his change, so it changed the change it was expected to change.

More seriously... I've seen this coming since he was elected. Oddly fitting to the FEMA camp theories now as well. Since terrorist acts are now called "Man-made disasters" and FEMA's duty is emergency management... wouldn't managing terrorists be their duty?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
it's a long, hard road out of hell, boys and girls.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It is interesting to watch the overarching policies continue and grow from administration to administration. I have been aware and watching since I was a teenager and Bush I was in office.

In this instance Bush II pushed things pretty far by being able to declare anyone an "Enemy Combatant" and strip them of their rights. I believe the administration had to legally declare you an enemy combatant if one wasn't found while actively engaging our military our building a bomb etc. But anyone could be declared such under presidential signing statements.

With this new line of thinking one simply needs to be called a terrorist and the gloves are off. Complete suspension of rights. And as I mentioned in the original post the definition of "terrorist" is getting pretty broad. It seems like they are outlining a definition or set of criteria and pushing it out to domestic agencies whereby someone such as a police officer could say, "you are a terrorist" and, swoosh, away you go. My Gadsden flag "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker could be enough to earn a trip to Camp FEMA in the coming months and years.

Fed.Gov had best remember that we (US Citizens who are awake) are like the rattler on that flag for the most part. If you leave us alone everything is fine, step on us and you will find out we have fangs filled with copper and lead venom.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I cant find the words which would be printable here.

All i can say is LISTEN TO ALEX JONES. THE MAN IS TELLING THE TRUTH.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Now we really need to start connecting the dots. Look at H.R. 2159
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, now nearly every one with any strongly held beliefs on nearly ANY subject(I mean really, constitutionalists?) are considered potential terrorists.

Potential Terrorists, if this goes through, will be detained pre-emptively.

Notice none of this is getting even the slightest amount of media attention.

This is a scary chain of events people.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
How anyone with coherent thought can support Obama is beyond me.

He's bailing out the auto industry, then handing over ownership to the union which caused the need for a bailout in the first place, then raising standards on them which will hurt their sales. Americans aren't going to buy 50mpg clown cars.

Then he's for terrorist rights, closing guantamo bay, giving them a fair trial, and now he wants preventive incarceration? What the heck? He might as well "preventitively" arrest anyone he nominates to a position since they get exposed for crooks and criminals shortly afterwards.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Then he's for terrorist rights, closing guantamo bay, giving them a fair trial, and now he wants preventive incarceration? What the heck? He might as well "preventitively" arrest anyone he nominates to a position since they get exposed for crooks and criminals shortly afterwards.

Eric Holder being granted the title of Grand Inquisitor is the sole determinator as to who is a 'potential terrorist' and to be 'preventatively incarcerated'. What do you think the chances are he'd do this to his boss' buddies?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

When they start locking up the relatives of truckers and teamsters in FEMA camps(they will), the people egging Obama on will learn how foolish ingratitude is. Seriously even with the black bugdget and hidden technology everything could colapse very quickly.. The people who are doing this are stunningly arrogant. They also should not count on Mexicans helping them this time since the Mexicans know damn well that bird/pig flu was deliberately released by the Eugenics fraction of this country.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Now we really need to start connecting the dots. Look at H.R. 2159
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, now nearly every one with any strongly held beliefs on nearly ANY subject(I mean really, constitutionalists?) are considered potential terrorists.

Potential Terrorists, if this goes through, will be detained pre-emptively.

Notice none of this is getting even the slightest amount of media attention.

This is a scary chain of events people.

Connect the dots from HR2159 to HR45 firearms registration and licensing.

Anyone who thinks the NICS records are destroyed or that they aren't tracking ammo purchases via credit/debit card transactions is deluded. They know who has guns already. HR45, if passed, gives them the ability to make instant "terrorists" out of anyone who refuses to register.

Then no trial, no nothing. Just send out the Hitler Youth, er I mean Boy Scouts, pick you up on the way home from work or at o'dark-thirty in the morning and you get a one way ticket to indefinite detention. Processed into the detention center by some deluded college student performing "voluntary" community service.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I can see this is going to get ugly very quickly. When he ran for office you could tell he was upto something given his attitude and comments about needing to rework the constitution to make it fairer, but even I am amazed at how fast he is running with this. I honestly can not believe he is ramming through this many fundemental changes in less than 4 months. I figured it would take at least 2-3 years to get this far, maybe even 5 or 6. I though he would have to move slower to avoid stirring the sleeping beast. Of course if he has no intention of another election ever he doesn't need to worry about moving slow does he?

I told my friends and family last November that we had witnessed the last free election of the US (even though I had a few suspicions about that one and the previous couple). They all thought I was nuts but now they are getting scared and awakened.

Well it's time people stand up and say it... NO, I will not stand idley by and let the darkness overwhelm me. I suggest that everyone stockpile books that way when this house of cards they are building falls down we don't loose 2000 years of history, art, music, and science. Forget the law books, they can be lost for all the good they will do (have done) us.

Didn't Bush give an interview with Glenn Beck where he said something like 'it doesn't matter who wins once they see the security briefings I see they won't have any real options either.' or am I remembering it wrong. anyone know? I wonder if Bush was trying to warn people about something, he seems to be staying very quite compared to Cheney (who I never trusted). Cheney always struck me as the puppet master and Bush II as the quite kid everyone manipulated because he believed everything told to him.

I wonder where J. Michael Straczynski is? This seems like a plot line from his Babylon 5 series. We have Nancy Pelosisi's Comittee of Truth, allies being ignored, enemies being emboldened, corruption in all levels of gov't. A military being used as a wipping boy by the PTB. Weird stories in the news.. is it a distraction or part of the script. Yup it's definately a Straczynski plot line way too many pieces to keep track of with out a score card and a rewind button to rewatch the important parts.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There appears to be a strong psychological undercurrent among supporters who "can't see any evil" ......obama no doubt broke important barriers on the way to his succesful campaign.......and people (i believe) fear (rationally or not) that the unknown amount of racists in the country would be strengthened should even supporters agree that obama /his admin....are following policy's leading to Failure or Fascism......because he was put on a pedestal to represent African american's at some level psyhologically....(don't flame me for bringing up race) because wether poltically correct or not .......it is human nature......and people that had a little more "hope and pride" due to this association don't want to LET that go

That being said i can't speak for everyone and i'm sure democrats suffer from the same mentality (they don't want their party to be associated with policy failure's)..........

Pre-emptive detention for what.........Pro "lifer's" ........returnng soldiers "typing unflatterig things about the current admin".........Rule by Intimidation? ....who in the Admin is supportng this ....R. Emanuel?.....

it appears that SATIRE will be a very STRONG Tool when people become intimidated to speak their minds...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by cpdaman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join