It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran tests long range missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Iran tests missile with huge range

Iran test-fired a missile capable of striking Israel, US mideast bases and Europe on Wednesday - a show of strength touted by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as he battles for re-election next month against more moderate opponents.

Iran says its missile program is merely for defence and its space program is for scientific and surveillance purposes. It maintains that its nuclear program is for civilian energy uses only.

I think Iran has the right to develop these missiles whether or not there is nuclear capabilities for them. I don't think America or any other western country should be trying to stop them. Why should America be some of the only country's with nuclear devices, but they wont allow anyone else to have it? They shouldn't be sticking there nose into this.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by devilruski]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I agree and here is why the iranians are developing more and more advanced weaponry (sure it's not on the scale of russia or the us but it's really getting somewhere)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think Iran is not developing a nuke. I have to say that i actually hope that they would, would it be so bad to see the true mother of "axis of evil" which is Israel to go up in flames? God i hope i live long enough to see it happen!

They are just testing some missiles that range up to 2000km.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Iran has no choice but to arm itself considering Israel has been baying for its destruction once Iraq had been rubbed out. You do recall that it said pretty much the same thing about Iraq that it now says of Iran?

I think that a powerful Iran will eventually be respected by the US and used as a counter to Israel in the ME to control the Arab states in the Region. I suspect a cantonised ME will suit Israel with Iran eventually riding shotgun and both exploiting the area.

The question is whether Israel can stomach an equally powerful state in the region. Most likely it will develop some strange 'existential' fear and initiate a war the US will be forced to bail her out of when the SHTF.

[edit on 023131p://pm3128 by masonwatcher]

top topics

join