It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama brakes another campaign promise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
One of the aspects that brought me to vote for Mr. Obama was his willingness to take NAFTA by the horns and help save America's industries and work force.

When Obama went against his own party supporters of NAFTA and told publicly that the policies needed to be reviewed because they were hurting America he won my hart, plus the promises of change and hope.

What a joke, I should have known better never to trust politicians and their politricks.

Obama is now turning his back to the promise to Reform NAFTA, in order to win the voters he will need in 2012, just like any other politician he only needs the people when it needs the votes.

President Obama has officially backed off of his calls to renegotiate NAFTA.

Presidents are more bound to private and international groups that they are bound to the people that elected them.

Sad but I will only say Shame on you Mr. Obama.

From all the promises this one hurt me the most.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yes shame on the man who told lies to his NLP programmed masses. He must have forgot that the trance wears off if you don't keep up the work.....

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hey Marge, there is a nice website I posted about several months ago that is tracking all of Obama's campaign promises. I try to go there ever so often to see what Obama is doing.

Campaign Promise Tracker!

I suspect Obama will be breaking more promises as the election campaign kicks into full force. His focus will be more on getting reelected rather than running this country, which I feel he is doing a pretty poor job at already!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
He's on the air right now telling us Al Qaida wants to kill us all.

Same rhetoric as Bush, with a different more intelligent delivery.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
He's on the air right now telling us Al Qaida wants to kill us all.

flip flop flip flop .. kerryesque!

Obama wanted everyone to stop using the 'war on terror' phrase.
Now he says that there are terrorists who want to kill us all.

So which is it? Does he even know? He's a freak'n moron. :shk:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, the problem is we live in such a globalized society economically, that protectionism just won't work anymore. "Renogitating NAFTA" is just used as a political tool to gain support from the blue collars.

The problem is the North American economy, more specifically Canada. The US and Canada are so dependent on each other, (ie. US is Canada's biggest trading partner, natural resources and oil from Canada to the US, goods from the US exported to Canada and blah, blah, blah...you get the idea.)

In the last election campaign Obama was telling the voters that he would be renogotiating NAFTA because it was unfair and is hurting the American worker. Which then got the Canadian government all worried. When Canadian officials spoke to Obama's campaign team about this potential "renegotiation", apparently they said, "Don't worry Canada, it's just politics." This was reported in the news during the campaign, or just after I can't remember. So the Canadians sighed a collective sigh of relief (Phew, it's just politics), as US protectionism would wreak havoc on the Canuckistan economy, which is as I said is quite dependent on the US.

So yeah, he lied to you. The whole time Obama railed against NAFTA, he was secretly telling the Canucks not to worry, the renegotiation won't happen.

Ain't politics grand?

[edit on 21-5-2009 by kommunist]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
no way, you've got to be kidding? is anyone surprised nowadays when a politcian goes back on their word? because that never happens.

the gov't in teh US needs total reform. Hardly anyone in power actually represents the interest of the people. it's a giant f'n game to them, making buddies rich with uncontested gov't contracts, bailouts, war-profitiering. they all campaign 'for the people' but once in power, it's time to repay the corporate criminals who put you there.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
One of the aspects that brought me to vote for Mr. Obama was his willingness to take NAFTA by the horns and help save America's industries and work force.

What would voting for the other party have done as they are more a fan of outsourcing and cheap foreign labor?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
IMHO, I think alot of the Obama followers forgot one simple fact during his campaign.........that being......... HE IS A POLITICIAN! I challenge any of us to name one President in (our) US history that has kept their promises. How any of us feel about Obama personally is irrelevant due to the fact that he is a politician and that basically also makes him an elitest and liar. I never bought into the fact that he was "one of the people" because anyone with the resources to run a Presidential Campain is far from being a 'common' citizen. I find it amazing that so many people lost sight of reality during the election fiasco. No matter how much we may like a candidate, it is the very nature of a politician to be deceptive.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Why do people insist on calling President Barack Obama "Mr. Obama"? Whether you like it or not, he is president. Even when people were upset with Bush, they never called him Mr. Bush.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have to applaud you for criticizing him despite the fact that you voted for him. Many people defend their pick thru thick and thin. I reckon in the end he will lay the blame on Congress, the media, the economy, or Al-qeada as to the reasons he was unable to fulfill his promises. A true politician he is indeed.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So unsurprising.

Obama's a politician. He lied throughout his career and the sheeple fell for it.

Don't worry. The sheep are too blinded by the color of his skin so they will forgive him.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I tell you all, I feel robbed, I put my fait on him and what I have gotten for it, nothing but disappointments and lies.

Is not such thing as a honest politician anymore.

I guess the reason he got now to start with the "al-qaida rhetoric is because after saying that he was to cut spending on the wars he now is increasing the budget, I guess the profit making Machine can not be ignored.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Obama is a great salesman. I'm still waiting for him to install the free floor mats and rust proofing that he included with his election.

He is presiding over this country like he is presiding over a high school student council. Vote for me, I'll abolish homework, detention, responsibility, free enterprise and accountability. Let Obama take care of all of your needs.

Just wait until we are stuck in the armpit of nationalized health care.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I got the feeling that with the "unsustainable deficit" (Obama own words) and the unemployment rates the health care bill will a hard one to swallow after all how can you fund the initial cost when we are running on an unsustainable deficit right?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

Thanks for that link, I was wondering if it was a site out there monitoring this, after all it seem that when it comes to Obama everything is all right.

Media is not doing a good job at tracking anything.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well you know marg he did backpeddle on NAFTA before the election, in a statement he released,

I watched him like a hawk.

He played everyone.

Willing to be played.

[edit on 123131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Marg, you don't start a lot of thread, but when you do, they are usually spot on!

This should be Obama's theme song:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Thanks Js, is nice to see you around my friend, specially on this trying times in our nation.

People needs to wake up and smell the realities of what we were offered and promised and what we got for our money.

By the end of the year Obama luster will be replaced by peoples anger and he already is showing sign of turning arrogant in public.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
No one should feel bad for this.

When Obamabots realize they've been lied to... hell will break loose.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join