It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP leader Nick Griffin to attend Buckingham Palace garden party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
BNP leader Nick Griffin to attend Buckingham Palace garden party

Buckingham Palace was facing criticism from anti-racism campaigners after it was disclosed that Nick Griffin, the leader of the British National Party, was to attend a garden party hosted by the Queen.

Mr Griffin, who has previously attacked the Royal family, is to attend the function as a guest of Richard Barnbrook, a BNP member of the London Assembly.

All members of the assembly have been invited to the party on July 21 but Mr Griffin’s likely attendance was met with disbelief and anger by anti-racism campaigners.

Source - Telegraph

I saw this on BBC and was certain that it would raise a few eyebrows. To be honest. I am not sure what to think here.

Now Nick Griffin is the leader of the BNP in the UK, let me summarise:

The British National Party (BNP) is a far-right and whites-only political party in the United Kingdom. The party is not represented in the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
In the 2005 UK general election, the BNP received 0.7% of the popular vote, giving it the eighth largest share of the vote, although it was fifth overall among English constituencies. I
The BNP finished fifth in the 2008 London mayoral election with 5.23% of the popular vote, as well as electing Mayoral candidate Richard Barnbrook to the London Assembly.

Now it was Barnbrook (on the London Assembley) who received the invitation to the Buckingham Palace Garden Party and he is believed to have invited Nick Griffin as his "plus one".

Buckingham Palace Garden Party is just a Royal Garden Party hosted by the Queen and is taking place in June, next month.

I believe that the Queen has to "OK" all attendees and I am not sure what her reaction would be.

What are you thoughts on the BNP in general and should they have a place to attend a party for an audience with the Queen?

edit:typo

[edit on 21-5-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm sure this kind of event is just designed to ease tensions between royals and government, just so that whoever gets into power doesn't automatically call for the beheading of all royals

It's no big deal IMO.
Yes they are an abhorrent group, but the BNP is a political party, and that requires recognition whether you agree with their ideas or not.

This will come and go, it means little.

What would be really funny would be for the press to latch onto this and begin to claim that the two guys must be lovers.

The reaction of the BNP in this case would be extremely funny indeed.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Barnbrook has been told to change his guest (Griffin) or he will face losing his invitation to the party.

Excellent

Another blow for Nick Griffin

join