It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire To Be Hanged For Pop Star Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Billionaire To Be Hanged For Pop Star Murder

news.sky.com

Following a lengthy trial that gripped Egypt, billionaire Hesham Talaat Moustafa was found guilty of hiring a hitman to kill the pop singer.

The prominent politician and former chairman of a luxury real estate group paid ex-policeman Muhsen el Sukkari $2m (£1.26m) to slit the throat of the attractive star, a court ruled.

Both Moustafa and Sukkari are to be hanged for the crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am glad that some countries legal system can reach the rich! It's a shame that money is the driving force of our justice system here in the US and UK.

If a billionaire here in the US murdered someone, 9 out of 10 times they would get away with it. Hell! A millionaire could get away with it.

The more money and lawyers you have the better chance you'll be set free, where as the man who is innocent and cant afford a lawyer will be sent to prison injustly!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I find it surprising that any country would go against the rich. Usually the rich are constantly socializing with politicians and judges to hold their status as untouchable. Makes me wonder if this guy did something to irk off his pals and if that is the reason they went after him.

join