It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Keeps Nuclear "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" -Israel Aide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

US Keeps Nuclear "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" -Israel Aide

www.alertnet.org

JERUSALEM, May 21 (Reuters) - The U.S. administration of President Barack Obama will not force Israel to state publicly whether it has nuclear weapons, an Israeli official said on Thursday.

He said Washington would stick to a decades-old U.S. policy of "don't ask, don't tell".

Obama's bid to curb Iran's nuclear programme through diplomacy has stirred speculation that, as part of a regional disarmament regimen, Israel could be asked to come clean on its own secret capabilities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
USrael is not only real - but very dangerous fact in shadow governance of the "western world" ... Democracy is just bad illusion - and we are leaded by selfish maniacs, bankers and corporate politics - our minds ruled by brainwashed majorities.

There is just more, and more facts behind my claims...

"US Promises to Fully Fund Israeli Missile Defense System, While Cutting Its Own"
news.antiwar.com...

Recent and most dangerous Obama-Puppet quote:

"I've been very clear that I don't take any options off the table with respect to Iran. I don't take options off the table when it comes to U.S. security, period. What I have said is that we want to offer Iran an opportunity to align itself with international norms and international rules. … Now, will it work? We don't know. And I assure you, I'm not naive about the difficulties of a process like this. If it doesn't work, the fact that we have tried will strengthen our position in mobilizing the international community."

Enjoy your "last days of peace" - those will be soon over.

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well good for Obama. He might be wrecking the country, but at least he is staying on Israels side. Why would we want to make them give up their military advantage by making them admit whether or not they have nuclear weapons. They are an ally after all, so it is in our interest to aid them in keeping up their mystique. A big part of war is the psychological part of making your enemy fear you before you even attack.

[edit on 5/21/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Well good for Obama. He might be wrecking the country, but at least he is staying on Israels side.

This is good? How is staying on anyones side going to resolve this issue. To mediate between two parties you have to be impartial, and the US is anything but impartial. The US is always advancing its own agenda through proxy nations and Israel has to be #1 and Iran and the rest of the middle east know it.

Why would we want to make them give up their military advantage by making them admit whether or not they have nuclear weapons.

What advantage do they lose by admitting it. Will the nukes suddenly disappear when they're existence is confirmed. Admitting it might actually convince some of the more moderate Israel hater's to understand all out war with Israel is not worth it and diplomacy is the only sane way to deal with this problem.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by FreeSpeaker]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Israel is most dangerous country in the world in my opinion. Especially for their mentality. It´s irony that zionist jews are most racist people. Filled with hate and fanatism. I´m sure that If there will be any WW3 they will start it.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Zmurfix]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
APAIC have got to him then.

old boss , new boss , same boss.

and american troops will die for them and not for the star spangled banner

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
More related news...

Obama to Keep Israel’s Nuclear ‘Secrets’

Israeli officials breathed a collective sigh of relief today, as a senior Israeli diplomat assured that the nation’s massive nuclear arsenal, well known though never publicly acknowledged, would remain a secret.

news.antiwar.com...

Lieberman: Obama-Netanyahu meeting went better than you think
www.haaretz.com...

- I really would like to know for who?

U.S. military: Nuke-armed Iran would be 'calamitous'

The consequences of Iran acquiring a nuclear weapon would be "calamitous" and major powers must act together to prevent it, the top U.S. military commander said on Thursday.

Admiral Mike Mullen's remarks came the day after Iran's president announced the country had tested a missile that analysts said could hit Israel and U.S. bases in the Gulf, a major source of crude oil for the United States.

www.haaretz.com...

Mike Mullen: Iran acquiring nukes would be 'calamitous'
www.jpost.com...

FM: Israel, US 'on same page' on Iran
www.jpost.com...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

"US Promises to Fully Fund Israeli Missile Defense System, While Cutting Its Own"
news.antiwar.com...

Why does this news get your panties in a bunch, but it's OK if Iran gets some super-duper SAM system from Russia??

Iran tests an offensive missile and you're OK with that. Israel does something of that sort and they are warmongers. What's the diff?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

"Buying systems from Russia - Getting system from USA"

- Cant you see the huge difference in here?

- If we get news about Iran getting systems from Russia, also paying their defence and arms - then we can compare these two issues and states.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

"Buying systems from Russia - Getting system from USA"

- Cant you see the huge difference in here?

- If we get news about Iran getting systems from Russia, also paying their defence and arms - then we can compare these two issues and states.

Sooooo, it's OK if Iran buys them from Russia, but not OK if Israel is given them by the US???

That's an interesting way to look at it.

Forgot to add: You do know that at one time, the Soviet Union was GIVING away AK47s? I'm willing to bet if they really didn't need the cash, Iran probably would be given some of these systems. You know, just to play around with....

[edit on 21-5-2009 by jerico65]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Ah - I am more interested to see political backgrounds in these deals, than some stupid black/white comparings.

Like I have tell my opinion before - If Iran gets deal from long range air defence systems - we dont have to be scared for Israeli/US bombing campaign every single day, which will just trigger fast escalation in all over the region. S-Systems would give highly needed balance there, and I hope Russia will deliver those systems to Iran sooner than later.

- Without continuing Israeli threat, I see that there would be no Iranian missile developement either.

- If Israel would give up their aggressive and rasist attitude towards palestinians, I see that there would be no hostile thoughts from any neighbouring country either.

In my views - Iran has all the rights to have what systems they ever wants - Nukes, missiles - what ever... So what? They are part of UN, and they are legimitive sovereign state which havent attack no one in hundreds of years.

I cant see any hardcore facts - that they are threat to anyone. I dont buy the BS what they are feeding us - They have plenty of energy sources - that is only fact and reason for coming war - everything else is just lies.

- I was against Afghanistan OP, Iraq OP, Gaza OP, Pakistan OP, and definetly I am against any coming Iran OP too...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

- Without continuing Israeli threat, I see that there would be no Iranian missile developement either..

I'm so sorry, but if you believe that, you're living a pipe dream.

- If Israel would give up their aggressive and rasist attitude towards palestinians, I see that there would be no hostile thoughts from any neighbouring country either.

Once again, this is a pipe dream. Israel has plenty of enemies in that region, and if they suddenly decided that they wanted to be neutral and an isolationed country, someone would still try to attack.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Well good for Obama. He might be wrecking the country, but at least he is staying on Israels side. Why would we want to make them give up their military advantage by making them admit whether or not they have nuclear weapons. They are an ally after all, so it is in our interest to aid them in keeping up their mystique. A big part of war is the psychological part of making your enemy fear you before you even attack.

[edit on 5/21/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

If we are their ally, then it does not matter if they have nuclear weapons because we have them. And the ones we have can reach anywhere in the world.

Who gets to decide who has to tell and who does not?

Does that seem fair to anyone?

You have to tell but we don't.

Once again our gov just keeps making up our own rules.

top topics

join