It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final and Most Powerful Deciever of All.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Welcome to my thread. Firstly, if you are an atheist, non-theist or simply believe the whole talk of an Antichrist figure is complete garbage, that is your opinion & I respect it. But please do not come into this thread trying to convince everyone of your views. Simply ignore it and find a thread that arouses your interest and post there.

For everyone intrigued: I know there are a number of threads speculating who or what the the Antichrist might represent. It is a very popular topic of discussion and nobody seems to have a clear-cut opinion on whom might fill the roll. The purpose of this particular thread is to find out if anyone can suggest a "black-sheep" or "outside-the-box" type prediction for who might fill this role. A figure that might be easily looked over or seems deceptively unimportant for the role. I don't mind how outlandish or random it might seem. Please provide your reasoning and/or evidence to support your claim. However, please refrain from using extensive quotes, or stating your opinion and then pasting long sections of the Bible/Torah/Koran.

Do you believe there are enough characteristics mentioned in the New Testament to indicate whom is to fill the role, or do you believe the unmasking of the great Deceiver (when realised) will come to everyone else as a complete and utter shock?

For my "out there" prediction, I'll say Oprah Winfrey. Mainly because the first 45 seconds of this YouTube video are so darn hilarious!

The Antichrist Has Come

(I'm not too fussed about separating Antichrist/false prophet/beast as distinctly different entities, but if you are then feel free to do so, and provide your reasoning.)

[edit on 21/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I would have to go with Ryan Secrest from American Idol. He is on everything and what could be more like living in hell than watching American Idol?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I think the iPod is the number of the beast and the anti-christ.
Think about it, it is from the fruit from the tree of knowledge: Apple.
It has the word pod in it which sounds like God, and if you put the i in front of God, which sounds like pod, you become iGod. You replace God, worshipping yourself.
iPod is always whispering in your ear, palying that damn devils music, that rock 'n roll evil.
Nearly everyone has an iPod, and soon you will need it to buy everything. I think. Maybe.

If you buy back catalogues you can listen to long dead evil rock stars that sold their souls to be Rock Gods.
iPod is pure evil.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I personally believe that this Maitreya fellow, that's represented by Benjamin Creme of Share International, at the present moment, can fulfill the Antichrist's role to a "t". The reason I say this is because the Antichrist is supposed to come as a peaceful leader and will unite the world. This is something that the Maitreya wants to accomplish. The Antichrist will at one point unite all the religions of the world into one. This, also, is something Maitreya wants to accomplish. In the Greek, "Antichrist" is literally "pseudochrist". The Maitreya is going to come to the Earth and seemingly solve all of it's problems. He will appear to the the savior of the world--yet, he will be fake.

An interesting thing is this: Christ's appearing was shown in the sky by a star. Share International, the mouthpiece for Maitreya [who hasn't been revealed by-the-way], has said that Maitreyas appearing will be hearalded by a star in the sky. This star appeared around Christmas time last year. There are several members here on ATS who have seen it. I amd trying to track it down myself.

Do you believe there are enough characteristics mentioned in the New Testament to indicate whom is to fill the role, or do you believe the unmasking of the great Deceiver (when realised) will come to everyone else as a complete and utter shock?

The New Testament gives very little details about the characteristics of the Antichrist. Just that he comes as a piece maker and that he's a man. There will be two camps on people in the world once the Antichrist comes to power. Those who see him for who he is and those that blindly follow him. So, on the one hand, initially, once people realize the Antichrist's identity, people may be surprised because of his seemingly messiahesque demeanor and actions. This shock won't last long most likely because then people who realize this will know what they have to do, and they know that Christ's return would be near. The other camp of people won't recognize him for who he is until it's too late--when Christ is returning in the sky.

In Zechariah, the Antichrist is said to have one completely black eye. But, I've always thought that this could happen after the Antichrist receives the wound to the head mentioned in Revelation 13.

(I'm not too fussed about separating Antichrist/false prophet/beast as distinctly different entities, but if you are then feel free to do so, and provide your reasoning.)

There are two beasts mentioned in Revelation. One is the beast from the sea. This one is the Antichrist. The second comes from the Earth. This is the False prophet. I believe that they are separate entities because in the Old Testament, sea and earth refer to two different groups of people. The sea represents the Gentiles, the earth represents the Jews. Also, the false prophet is said force people to worship the beast. Kinda pointless to say it that way if they're the same person--John could've just said that the beast forced people to worship him.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hey OP the reason I'm on here telling people of the coming deception is because its truth. I state it as truth not because of opinion but because it is truth. I'm listening to some catchy not mainstream music thinking about the Star I saw again. It's not my opinion or prediction it's the inevitable. Good day.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The most powerful deceiver is the entity that will seem to force people to obey and need people to throw out all reasoning and understanding. This is the entity in the OT which is the ruler of flesh and enjoys the savor or blood (hence his requirements for blood sacrifices)....He is better known as Yahweh and he is not Thee Most High and Divine. The masses are already deceived.

Best Intentions thought I know not well noted or taken...

Peace to all
LV

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'll put my trust in Yahweh before I put my trust in this "Beast." I consider Yahweh a friend, and His Son the same. Maitreya is neither of those. Not gonna follow through. I'm sure I'll meet him in person one day, and I'll let him have it!!! If only he didn't have you know Satanic powers.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

I think the iPod is the number of the beast and the anti-christ.
Think about it, it is from the fruit from the tree of knowledge: Apple.
It has the word pod in it which sounds like God, and if you put the i in front of God, which sounds like pod, you become iGod. You replace God, worshipping yourself.
iPod is always whispering in your ear, palying that damn devils music, that rock 'n roll evil.
Nearly everyone has an iPod, and soon you will need it to buy everything. I think. Maybe.

If you buy back catalogues you can listen to long dead evil rock stars that sold their souls to be Rock Gods.
iPod is pure evil.

LOL. That is actually a REALLY good candidate. And your reasoning backs it up too. Thanks for the awesome, thought-provoking post! I have an iPod myself. I'm scared...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What's apparent to me about the false prophet and the beast, is that the false prophet is a filmdirector or producer, whose making a blockbuster about the Roman Empire and the world empires preceding it.

For: The beast has seven heads right? Which are seven kings and or emperors who have been enemies of Israel. Reading through the Book we find that Israel has had seven arch enemies: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Media, Persia, Greece and Rome. One of the seven heads has a scar from a sword-bane, sybolising how the empire crumbles but comes back to new life. Cæsar or Caesar, Kaizar, Tsar etc. is the same word as an old Indo-European word meaning to cut, scar or wound, and you'll find it in the Norwegian word for cutting: "Å skjære", and in English "Scar" and "Share" among others. Cæsar in Latin means literally "deadly wounded", and was the family name of Julius Cæsar the first Roman Emperor. Now the Roman Empire, thanks to the Catholics and a forged will, called the Donation of Constantine, was cut in two in a Western empire with their capital in Rome and an Eastern one based around Bysantz or Constantinople or today's Istanbul in Turkey. The Western empire fell to the Catholics and the Eastern empire soon after fell to the Osmans and became the Ottoman Empire. In the West the Church made the French Merovingean king of France into Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. Lateron the throne fell to the Germans who held the power until the beginning of the 19th century, and eventually, in 1870 Italy confiscated what was left from the Catholic Empire and appart from an enclave in the Vatican the Catholic Church turned from being the World Dominator into becoming a Sunday hobby for emotional sheep. At the end of the German period the Beast finally got it's ten horns, in the ten Imperial Circles, the remains of the Empire was divided into ten. Just like the book says it would.

So. Look for a writer with a blockbusting movie-script about the Roman Empire and Cæsar, the Church (Babylon), probably some referances to Satanism and the occult and obviously the kind of religious astrology which has governed all these empires from the day Egypt divided their year into 36 ten day weeks, and their months into three ten day decans or tenths, based on the strict relationship between human anatomical measures and the Earth's dimentions. You find these measures in nearly all ancient cultures and constructions, like the pyramids of Egypt, Ang Kor Wat, the layout of Troy, the Peter Square in Rome etc. Make a polygon with 36 sides or sectors or Gr. "decans" tenths, where each side is a Babylonian cubit or ell (the length of the king's forearm and hand. The diagonal is then six meters, or one ten-millionth of the distance from the Equator to the North Pole. Add the numbers from 1 to 36 and you get the elusive number 666. Add together the Roman numerals which is also traditionally the most common money denominations: I, V, X, L, C, D and you get the same number.

And the film must be based on some kind of myth or a lie which he makes just about everyone in the world believe or follow. The common method to bring out a lie is to wrap it in unknown revealing truth. Da Vinci Code anyone? Angels and Demons? Both?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Double Post. Skip.

[edit on 21/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
The New Testament gives very little details about the characteristics of the Antichrist. Just that he comes as a piece maker and that he's a man. There will be two camps on people in the world once the Antichrist comes to power. Those who see him for who he is and those that blindly follow him. So, on the one hand, initially, once people realize the Antichrist's identity, people may be surprised because of his seemingly messiahesque demeanor and actions. This shock won't last long most likely because then people who realize this will know what they have to do, and they know that Christ's return would be near. The other camp of people won't recognize him for who he is until it's too late--when Christ is returning in the sky.
There are two beasts mentioned in Revelation. One is the beast from the sea. This one is the Antichrist. The second comes from the Earth. This is the False prophet. I believe that they are separate entities because in the Old Testament, sea and earth refer to two different groups of people. The sea represents the Gentiles, the earth represents the Jews. Also, the false prophet is said force people to worship the beast. Kinda pointless to say it that way if they're the same person--John could've just said that the beast forced people to worship him.

That is worded very well and makes the whole concept more comprehensible. Thanks for clearing that up. I've done tonnes of research on this topic, but I don't think I've seen the beast/Antichrist separation explained as well as you have just done.

In Zechariah, the Antichrist is said to have one completely black eye. But, I've always thought that this could happen after the Antichrist receives the wound to the head mentioned in Revelation 13.

Just out of interest, do you think this might tie in with the Islamic belief in a Dajjal? I do remember he is described as having one eye after suffering a wound. Maybe you can clear this up for us.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here are the bible verses that mention antichrist:

1 John 2:18
Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

2 John 1:7
Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

But the key passage is this one:

1 John 4:2-4
Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

As this shows, the antichrist is ANYONE who rejects Jesus as having come from God IN THE FLESH and that these antichrists are ALREADY in the world. This means the idea of an endtime ANTICHRIST is not scriptural. It's an exaggeration.

In 325 the Council of Nicea decided Jesus was a deity or co-equal with God. This took away the understanding that Jesus was man who became divine but remained essentially a man. This decision meant ordinary man could not become like Jesus and must remain subservant to the Church.

To me, this decision cased Christianity to become a deviation of the true purpose and role of Jesus as a prototype of man. Consequently, the potential of each and everyone of us achieving Christ-Consciousness has been taken away from us. To me, this is the spirit of the antichrist. And it's been here since the pagan Constantine hijacked Christianity.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

And the film must be based on some kind of myth or a lie which he makes just about everyone in the world believe or follow. The common method to bring out a lie is to wrap it in unknown revealing truth. Da Vinci Code anyone? Angels and Demons? Both?

Neo Christian Mystic, very interesting indeed. Although, I was actually thinking of Mel Gibson initially.

I know I fall in a small group when I say this, but I believe The Da vinci Code is a very well written book. The story, characters, themes are very good. However, I do stress that I consider the book to be fiction. I do not believe or consider it to have any real truth in terms of its relationship to the bible.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In the epistles of John where the word Antichrist is used, it doesnot mean One-Man-Of-Perdition, but simply "enemy". Like to say, the unbeliever is the enemy is the antichrist. Meaning anyone who doesnot believe Jesus came in flesh and blood as a living soul, is the antichrist or the enemy. Antichrist is a general term, which basically discribes someone who refuse to be ruled by the annointed priest king we call Jesus.

However, in the Book of Revaltion, the arch enemies of the Christ are exposed in riddles, which given the right knowledge, which the spirit of the prophets teach, simply meaning "Read the Bible it's all there". First the world's seven major empires emerge from the sea, or the nations, the multitudes of the gentiles. Then what may be understood as a prophet from "the Land", or Israel, appears, paying homage to the scared emperor (Cæsar is the same word as "Scar", "Share", "severe" and derives from an Indo-European word meaning to cut). This prophet deals in living speaking images, what we know as movies, and he will make a movie portraying the Roman Emperor or the entire empire, bathed in astrology, myths and Jesus lore. This movie will be a major blockbuster and will make quite a stirr, probably revealing unknown secrets wrapped around a major lie. There are many contestors, one of them being "Passion of the Christ", another would be "Da Vinci Code", and "Terminator" could work etc. But my guess is we haven't seen nothing yet.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Hey OP the reason I'm on here telling people of the coming deception is because its truth. I state it as truth not because of opinion but because it is truth. I'm listening to some catchy not mainstream music thinking about the Star I saw again. It's not my opinion or prediction it's the inevitable. Good day.

I understand you are passionate and very convinced that what you say is the final truth, but you do not have tangible evidence to confirm that. This is why I welcome and accept all people's angles on the matter. Does not mean I believe everyone who says theirs is the truth.

I really don't mean this in a rude way and encourage you to further participate in the discussion. But you must realise that humans strive for truth of which they can directly understand. Thus, I cannot CONFIRM if anybody's opinions on here are actually THE truth.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And naturally, one must mention the common Catholic theological solution that the Book of Revelation was fulfilled in the days of Nero, and that the Pope is the Millennium Messiah, and the Holy Roman Empire under the Pope and his selected Emperor being the Millennium kingdom.

However there are so many flaws to this that it's almost funny. Like: When did 200 million soldiers ever kill a third of the world's population? And when did the New Jerusalem descend uppon the earth, turning half of the earth into a burning furnace and the other bathing in cold darkness where no light from the Sun and the Moon is needed, since the people who has managed to survive a thousand year desertwalk has moved into a giant cube of astronomical proportions.

In numbers it counts roughly 2220km*2220km*2220km. Inside this New Jerusalem is the Kingdom of Heaven, ruled by God himself and the Lamb, which depending on what sources you use, is divided into up to 1000 stories or heavens, with angels able to move between atleast 72 aeons or ages....

Well, I may be a fundamentalist in the eyes of most Christians who believe the New Jerusalem with it's measures and impact on the Earth is supposed to be understood symbolically, like an allegory, and that it is already here. I'd say crap! It's real, physical and unless we build this thing, Earth will become completely inhabitable soon enough to leave the human life nonexistant.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

First, thanks for the compliment!

Just out of interest, do you think this might tie in with the Islamic belief in a Dajjal? I do remember he is described as having one eye after suffering a wound. Maybe you can clear this up for us.

Sadly, I don't know very much about Islamic eschatology. That is something that, if I have time in the future, I'll look into. But, I will say that it is entirely possible that this Dajjal could be the same character as the Antichrist.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

As this shows, the antichrist is ANYONE who rejects Jesus as having come from God IN THE FLESH and that these antichrists are ALREADY in the world. This means the idea of an endtime ANTICHRIST is not scriptural. It's an exaggeration.

It is true that "antichrist" is anyone who is against Christ. That's what the prefix "anti" would indicate. In the Bible, the character that we call "Antichrist" has something like 31 names. Antichrist just happens to be the one that we use in general, and it's also probably not the best. A better name would be "pseudo-Christ" because based on Revelation, that's the role that the lawless one truly takes--a false Christ, not an "anti" one.

In 325 the Council of Nicea decided Jesus was a deity or co-equal with God. This took away the understanding that Jesus was man who became divine but remained essentially a man. This decision meant ordinary man could not become like Jesus and must remain subservant to the Church.

John's gospel was written between AD90 and 95--nearly 300 years before the council at Nicea. Colossians was written before that. I bring this up because both of these books indicate that Jesus was God before he became man.

To me, this decision cased Christianity to become a deviation of the true purpose and role of Jesus as a prototype of man. Consequently, the potential of each and everyone of us achieving Christ-Consciousness has been taken away from us. To me, this is the spirit of the antichrist. And it's been here since the pagan Constantine hijacked Christianity.

Throughout the New Testament, it's more or less presented that man needs to make a decision to believe in Christ. The purpose of Jesus' coming to Earth was to die for our sins so that we could regain paradise with God. Where is Scripture is it taught that we need to obtain "Christ-consciousness"? It simply isn't. One can say all sorts of things, such as, "the Church is keeping it hidden" or "they burned all the books that went against them having control!" but that doesn't make it true. Before Constantine and before the Roman Catholic Church, there were members of the early church that wrote about what was taught and, for the most part, what many Protestant Christians practice today lines up with that.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

unless we build this thing, Earth will become completely inhabitable soon enough to leave the human life nonexistant.

I don't think we're going to need to build the new Jerusalem. Revelation says it descends out of the sky.

Where did you read that idea that there are 1000 levels in the New Jerusalem? That's kinda interesting. The shear size of it is mind boggling to me.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The stumbling block is people awaiting for God to bring in the time of peace and unity....we are ignoring are potential and purpose as divine beings to do this ourselves. Only long duration of time is going to show God wont intervene to save the day and judge all. This concept came from a energy that gave man the idea there are special people and a special land. This concept brought division and wars are still to come due to this concept.

God's purpose is not to intervene but yet guide his own emanations into ways of understanding what divine nature means....so we can become what we are to be. Its not about individual salvation, its about us as a species being a part of the consciousness of Thee. The Christ Consciousness is sufficient for this process, doing as Christ would have done....but still too many are ready to fight for their life of flesh when in Christ's footsteps, that is not what we are to do.

Our maker gave us our logic and reasoning for a reason...it is to discern natures, so we can 'know' God....the one that is ALL. We are worthy and loved beyond what one can imagine. Thee's nature is divine and you must ask yourself, what does that mean, what attributes would be divine and is that nature able to act in primal ways.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join