It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money should be abolished

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
What do you think about this idea?

All that happens with money is the people that are poor will stay poor and the rich will always get richer and richer. Whats the meaning of it, why do we need it, why cant we live without it?

The US has trillions of dollars in debt but all it is is a piece of paper with a number on it that people have adopted as a way to trade and get new things. But why cant we do it without money? We should make EVERYONE the rich, the poor, and the middle class all EQUAL so that people cannot become corrupt and the rich cannot show off what they have to the lower class by things such as MTV cribs that we cannot have in life because they have more pieces of cotton than we do. Why is that? Why cant we just live like the animals and survive on the world instead of having money say who we are. Chimps live together by helping everyone else out and they all get their food and shelter for free and live happy. they dont have the richest chimp in the world and they dont have a simon cowell that makes a 30 billion dollar house just to show off on the tv to make other people jealous

So do you think it should be abolished?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This thread will be moved to the Rant forum in 5, 4, 3 ...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ha you're thinking of true communism, not the definition of communism most people on this site think.
It only works in theory because humans have some inherent desire to be above other and desire power, control over those under them. So they will just find new ways to gain control (ie. own the farmland. Same idea as controlling cashflow, controlling the resources)
Even if we went back to trade system, which would be great I think, it would eventually get to a point where someone says 'hey, why dont we have a set value for things with an agreed upon valued currency so that we dont have to lug around trade goods in order to obtain things' and then someone makes coins for this process, and back where we started.

So to say money is good, in fact a great idea, but its just the whole private interests controlling it that does harm, plus the borrowed interest system you use to print money, and the fact that currency can be devalued and fluctuated to suit needs that makes it a bad thing. Good idea, but corruptible. In a utopia cash and credit are wonderful, but not here.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

No i know it seems like communism but i am against it because everyone works as one to get the same ammount of money like a janitor and a surgeon. But instead i think that we need a new form of money i guess so that we cannot become corrupt and the money accumulates where it originates just like it is now. the dollar does not fall far from the man who makes it

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

No i know it seems like communism but i am against it because everyone works as one to get the same ammount of money like a janitor and a surgeon. But instead i think that we need a new form of money i guess so that we cannot become corrupt and the money accumulates where it originates just like it is now. the dollar does not fall far from the man who makes it

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
the economy is fantastic, I've got the winning Powerball ticket.

And, I think I'll mosey here in a few to claim it. And, I'm going to sign it when I get there...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzle11

Since becoming an industrialized civilization, there are few trades out there that are needed. One either works at a factory or a service industry, unless one can start their own business. This has been that way since the late 18th Century. The robber barons made sure they got their share of the pie, and it has been that way since.

Fiat issued by the Federal Reserve is paper and has no real value (or anything to back it up). However, if it loses any value, the middle and lower class will be the ones to suffer.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pizzle11

I do agree with part of what your saying. I have always wished that the world did not require money to be the most important part of our lives. It is an evil thing that has brought out the worst in humanity. I always liked the Star Trek fantasy about it. The goal of humanity is to make things better for the good of humanity, and money is non exisitant. I'm hoping we will come to this in the future, but it probably won't be in our time.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Check out The Venus Project it proposes exactly what your thread is sugesting.

top topics

join