It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Gold, World Water Wars. Interesting Documentary!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
www.zshare.net...

In every corner of the globe, we are polluting, diverting, pumping, and wasting our limited supply of fresh water at an expediential level as population and technology grows. The rampant overdevelopment of agriculture, housing and industry increase the demands for fresh water well beyond the finite supply, resulting in the desertification of the earth.

Corporate giants force developing countries to privatize their water supply for profit. Wall Street investors target desalination and mass bulk water export schemes. Corrupt governments use water for economic and political gain. Military control of water emerges and a new geo-political map and power structure forms, setting the stage for world water wars.

We follow numerous worldwide examples of people fighting for their basic right to water, from court cases to violent revolutions to U.N. conventions to revised constitutions to local protests at grade schools. As Maude Barlow proclaims, “This is our revolution, this is our war”. A line is crossed as water becomes a commodity. Will we survive?

www.bluegold-worldwaterwars.com...

Have a look guys, its worth a watch, peace and love all xxx

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Who would have ever thought that Mad Max II (Road Warrior in US) would turn out to be such prophetic movie! Kind of reminds me of an old Gary Clail song called "Emotional Hooligan" where he sang "They want to Privatize.... Privatize... Privatize The Air".

... it's just a matter of time IMHO!

IRM

[edit on 21/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

yeah your right my friend, its just a matter of time, its not if, its when. lemme know what ya think of the movie if ya get the chance to watch it, im currently half way through and its a very interesting documentary
thanks my friend
xx

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
honestly are people ignoring me or something lol

i thot more people wuda been interested in this but obv not. ach well
xxx much lvoe to all

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

last time im bumping this, ive seen a few post on various threads stating that water will be more valuable than money or oil, well this documentary pretty much describes in detail why
enjoy

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well - until we have water in oceans - we will go on wasting it. De-salination will make water prices go up, but not that much. We currently have a water crysis due to bad management, pollution of wells and drought. So government elegantly spent money on subsidizing creation of de-salination plants that would by 2012 produce 50 percent of agricultural water. It is easier then firing beurocrats and stopping pollution. And we do not have HAARP to bring more rain
So as far as plan goes price of water would rise, but not that much. I only fear that since those are the same guys who let it get this bad - they might forget to make sure that there is enough electricity for this in 2012.

join