It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists arrested on plot to bomb NYC temple; terrorists called "Home grown"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

NEW YORK – The FBI arrested four men Wednesday in what authorities called a plot to detonate a bomb outside a Jewish temple and to shoot military planes with guided missiles.

Officials told The Associated Press the arrests came after a long-running undercover operation that began in Newburgh, N.Y., about 70 miles north of New York City. James Cromitie, David Williams, Onta Williams and Laguerre Payen, all of Newburgh, were charged with conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction within the United States and conspiracy to acquire and use anti-aircraft missiles, the U.S. attorney's office said. The men had planned to detonate a car with plastic explosives outside a temple in the Bronx neighborhood of Riverdale and to shoot military planes at the New York Air National Guard base at Stewart Airport in Newburgh with Stinger surface-to-air guided missiles, authorities said.

The defendants planned to "destroy a synagogue and a Jewish community center with C-4 plastic explosives," Acting U.S. Attorney Lev L. Dassin said.

Rep. Peter King, the senior Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, was briefed on the case following the arrests.

"This was a long, well-planned investigation, and it shows how real the threat is from homegrown terrorists," said King, of New York.

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., said if there can be any good news out of this case it's that "the group was relatively unsophisticated, penetrated early and not connected to any outside group."

The defendants, all arrested in New York City, were expected to appear in federal court in suburban White Plains on Thursday.

"Home grown" terrorists arrested in NYC

Can anybody else believe this? I just saw this and could hardly believe it. If they were so unsophisticated, how were they going to use WMD?? With that new bill on the table trying to be passed that states how the attorney general can declare anyone a "suspected terrorist", it seems now it will almost indefinitely get passed.
The link to the thread of that bill is right here:

Did the federal government just declare war against the people - H.R.2159

Any thoughts or opinion on this? Here's the "smoking gun" they need to pass the bill

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I don't believe a word of it.
The timing of the whole thing is incredibly suspect.
With Israel and Iran beating their chests, I kind of expected something like this just about now.
Fool us once.......

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
For another site with the article, here is Obama-fied CNN's take on it:

4 arrested in NYC synagogue bombing

Again, can anybody actually believe the coincidence of this happening and the bill that is about to be voted upon?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i'm thinking aryen brotherhood.

if a false flag terrorist attack is being insinuated, i can't imagine they'd spoil their own party by advertising its exposure. with the incoming gun control they're probably making a statement.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I know, I don't believe it either. What's next? Iran's new missiles hit Israel, America starts a war with Iran because we're "allies" with Israel, then Russia & China get in on it, and thus unfolds World War III. Dark times are ahead...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
When the word Terrorist becomes common place, the room for any other type of violence is lessened and the media skewed to promote the government's agenda.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I completely agree. "Terrorism" will just be another daily thing and no one will give second thought to it. That is, of course, until they get called a "terrorist" and realize it IS something after all.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AllinTheMind89

Iran's new missiles hit Israel, America starts a war with Iran because we're "allies" with Israel, then Russia & China get in on it, and thus unfolds World War III.

What happens if Israel hits Iran first? Will America come to defend Iran because a soveriegn nation was attacked? Iran then has a chance of self defence, just like Israel does.

Why do you think Russia and China will get in ?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Another false flag event.
_ At least this one didn't actually kill anyone.

Like Pavlov's dogs, we have been trained so well we now salivate to the sound of a bell, and no longer need actual food to produce the required effect.

The four men began meeting with the informant at a home equipped with concealed video and audio equipment, plotting to bomb the synagogue and Jewish community center, the statement said.

edition.cnn.com...

Notice there is no suggestion that these men ever met each other before the under-cover FBI agent brought them together.
With their meeting place, their (fake) weapons, and quite probably their introductions all being provided by the FBI, it would be naive to believe that whoever ordered this operation did not hope to benefit from it in some way.

We all know now about the tensions between Israel and Iran, and Israel's interest in getting America's co-operation in bombing Iran's nuclear facilities. Perhaps this stunt was intended to go further and gain support for Israel as the victim of Islamic terrorism.

It would certainly not be the first time the FBI have set up patsies.

Caution - FBI fit-ups of Muslim patsies in progress

The benchmark was set by Jose Padilla, an incompetent petty criminal, driven half mad by incarceration, originally accused of being a potential dirty bomber, a charge which proved so ludicrous even the Bush administration was compelled to drop it.

This was followed by the conviction of Hamid Hayat, a man of diminished mental capability living in Lodi, California, his family targeted by the FBI because of the town's Pakistani community. In the Hayat case, the FBI employed an informant, Naseem Khan - paid to the tune of about a quarter of a million dollars, who testified that al Qaeda #2, Ayman al Zawahiri, had once been seen in Lodi.

In Albany, New York, Yassin Aref and Mohammed Hossain, the latter a pizza shop owner, were convicted in a case which was built upon another FBI sting operation; they were lured into a money-laundering operation/fake terror plot said to be for the financing of the sale of a shoulder-fired missile for the killing of a Pakistani diplomat in New York. The case has been viewed as another entrapment operation and that US government secret arguments given only to the judge and prosecution abridged the right to a fair trial for both men.

www.theregister.co.uk...

There is an interesting detailed account here of the entrapment of a naive idiot, showing how a hand grenade becomes a weapon of mass destruction.

These are old tricks, no doubt carried out by the Romans, the Egyptians, and the Phoenicians before them.

And each new generation falls for them, obediently sacrificing their young men on the bonfires of fear, hatred and greed while the puppeteers laugh in the shadows.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
reply to post by AllinTheMind89

Iran's new missiles hit Israel, America starts a war with Iran because we're "allies" with Israel, then Russia & China get in on it, and thus unfolds World War III.

What happens if Israel hits Iran first? Will America come to defend Iran because a soveriegn nation was attacked? Iran then has a chance of self defence, just like Israel does.

Why do you think Russia and China will get in ?

Good question and yes, Iran does have every right to defend themselves. In my opinion, America will not defend Iran because we'll just claim that Iran started it and not Israel (kind of like the Georgia vs. Russia recent incident). When I say that Russia and China will get involved, it could either be directly or indirectly. For example:

The image of the Russian bear stalking Iran’s northern border was dramatically changed in late March as Moscow agreed to the sale of a “defensive” missile system to Tehran, promising up to $7 billion-worth of defense transactions to follow.

“Iran has a right to defend itself,” Russian President Vladimir Putin was quoted as saying in the centrist Iran Times (March 16). “Our regional and international well-being is largely interdependent.”

A new shift in Iran-Russian relations

I guess that would be an indirect example. Russia could be selling them technology that they didn't have before, if a war broke out. Also:

Economically, the cooperation between both nations now amounts to hundreds of billions of dollars over many years. For instance, said the Post, in October "the two countries signed a preliminary accord worth $70 billion to $100 billion by which China will purchase Iranian oil and gas and help develop Iran's Yadavaran oil field, near the Iraqi border."

And, "earlier this year, China agreed to buy $20 billion in liquefied natural gas from Iran over a quarter-century," the paper continued.

Iran-China Alliance

If anything, they will back Iran up with supplies. Not to mention, I've read somewhere about China having oil pipelines from there leading towards themselves, and if say these were damaged or something, China would not be too happy.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Other sources state teh suspects are "black muslims" which to me says "Nation of Islam," unless they're immigrants. WHich, to be honest, is basically the Aryan Brotherhood with more Melanin.

However what I'm seeing is that these are indeed "home grown" terrorists. I imagine it'll turn out that they're like those guys in Miami,who were basically coached and goaded along by a CIA operative who basically handed them fake weapons, then had them arrested for good PR.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is the FAKE NEWS at work. What these guys said is fabricated. Red flags: They mention the World Trade Center. And the report ties it to Osama. BS meter in the RED! Osama has been dead for a long time or is being protected by the CIA since they are in bed together.

The powers that be are beating the drums with this for several agendas. They want these new bills passed, they want to keep the public scared and at the same time make them feel like they are being protected. They want to planet the SEEDS for the next FAKE attack. They want you to think the bad guys are out there. See, we just caught a few of them, but there are more out there. Be afraid.

it's all nonsense. They are moving pieces around the chess board with this.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just imagine one of those idiots standing outside the synagogue saying his allah akhbars and pressing the button then....nothing. The look on his face would have been priceless. Hopefully the people inside would have then beat him to death with a bottle of Manischewitz.

That sounds like a great version of the show Punk'D!!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Just imagine one of those idiots standing outside the synagogue saying his allah akhbars and pressing the button then....nothing. The look on his face would have been priceless. Hopefully the people inside would have then beat him to death with a bottle of Manischewitz.

That sounds like a great version of the show Punk'D!!

Lol, that would be funny if these guys were REAL terrorists but I'm just not buying this piece of "news". It is very coincidental with the new gun laws that are trying to get passed as well as the new "Suspected Terrorist" bill.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I completely agree with this as a false flag event to keep people's blood pressure up. They know that the American people have the attention span of a 6 month old puppy and if they let these issues wane, then people will go about their daily lives normally and not in fear of everyone. Holy moly...that might inspire unity, something that the US Govt and TPTB cannot have. Why else would they constantly bombard people with the failing economy? To keep people from spending money, thereby helping to right the economy.

I say, to heck with their fear tactics. I choose not to believe them, rather choose to live MY life to the best of MY ability without THEIR support or disinformation.

new topics

top topics

join