It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many partisan hacks in the media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I already know the media is corporate. That's not the point. The question I want to bring up-- is-- why are there so many corporate hacks in the media? Whenever I watch the liberal corporate news outlet MSNBC I wonder how these people never change, or, when I watch Fox news I ask myself don't they see the errors with their reasoning whenever they talk about the military. Why are there so many partisan hacks out there? I refuse to listen to any partisan hack out there who has some kind of show. I mean, when will these people wake up? They can have their beliefs... but it's like they're always like Ooooh the Democrats are stupid, oooh the Republicans are stupid. The two party system is fake people. Wake up!!

And now you have their thoughts streaming into the consciousness of many of their listeners. I've noticed that quite a few members here are buying into the Republican party. I choose to avoid those threads started by people who don't recognize either party is better than the other. I think they've been brainwashed by these partisan hacks in the media too.

But, why I wonder. Why do they never change? I'm sure the government doesn't have THAT MUCH control over them.

What's to stop more people being like Lou Dobbs and attacking everyone in the government for everything?

Are they really hard lined in their views?

Do they believe everything they are saying?

Why can't they break out of the two party spell?

ATS, I ask you what can be done about it? Do you hear what I'm saying? I'm tired of this partisan nonsense. It's not about left or right. It's just about bigger government from both sides of the isle. I want no government. But I know that's not possible, at least for now... but what will it take to get these people to realize that both parties are just about big government and neither party is better than the other and it's just about control? I am sure most people are aware that politicians are criminals... but it's like these news people haven't realized that or something. They still think Democrats are better than Republicans... or say Republicans are better than the Democrats. And when they speak of bi-partisanship they don't know what they're talking about. They're asking for both Democrats and Republicans to work together on legislation that would give the government more power.

What can we do to wake these people up?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What errors are being told about the military?

On topic.

The journalists on these shows pretty much do their jobs. They report the news without any spin.

I think the beef you have with these news outlets are with the analysts. They are paid to give their opinions. They aren't going to have the same opinion as everybody.

For example.

Oreilly- He says what he thinks then have people who work for Fox on to discuss the topic. Everyone hardly agrees with each other and they debate it. Usually ending with Orielly getting the last word in.

Its his show, as long as he is not reporting it then he is not doing anything wrong.

Same goes for Olberman and all the other analysts.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Ooooh the Democrats are stupid, oooh the Republicans are stupid.

My favorite line of your post and I agree it's a bit silly to see grown adults flexing their ego's. I bet they all go off air and call each other up and hang out.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
yeah, i too have often wondered how these "Reporters" such as Anderson Cooper, and Wolf Blitzer etc etc, don't step back for a moment, and look at the entire picture. I think they put people who are arrogant, and self-righteous to present the news, because they probably care more about their status and looks then about the actual news.

Look at Wolf Blizter, the man takes himself way too seriously and thinks very highly of himself. This would seem very likely because news anchors on CNN for example, deal with political, and Governmental representatives on a daily basis, and they have a large (global) audience so they probably feel somewhat "Special" if you will.

Another reason could be compartmentalization. They are only aware of certain details and don't have a broad enough perspective on the issues they are presenting. There is also the risk of job loss, these people are probably making a hefty sum of cash. They don't want to lose the job security. These peoples core beliefs line up to those of the politicians they praise.

new topics

top topics

join