It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Down Your Dreams: How do you find Your Purpose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
As close as we have become over the years there are still some things that my mind will not tell me. Begging does not help, Writing down dreams with Scenes from Ancient Egypt to Angels, or Extra time alone to Concentrate. Not a Peep from the Inner me.

My mind blocks me out of my own house. No reason is given it just happens

I'm not Fire angry but more likely agitated with a hint of Puzzled

A missing Mission is somewhere out there that I may or may not ever know how to get to..

Has anyone here found a way to their Purpose?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Is there something that you always want to do for a long time but got no chance to do it?
Usually there's something.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Don't know if i've been looking at too many philosophy quotes lately.

But that came across extremely poetic *without rhymes but nonetheless* and a very deep question will star and flag definately!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
oh I hear you! many moons of wondering what my purpose is...and at a crossroads with every door always closed I have pondered my usefullness and purpose for many many a year .....no answers no hints...its all a blank....I could do so much...but all avenues always seem to lead nowhere....I get what your saying...........

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeJuice
Has anyone here found a way to their Purpose?

Yes.

The way doesn't lie within. The way lies in the world.

Find the work you love and do it. That's all.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Confronting the things you fear or put off the most usually has a way of opening you up to something new and fresh. It may not be your "purpose" but maybe it will bring you closer.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OrangeJuice

Funny, I feel there is something I am supposed to be doing right now and have felt that for a few years now. I still have never been able to grasp what it is exactly.

I still don't know what my purpose is, no matter how much I try to concentrate and ask to be led to doing my highest and best right now. I just don't seem to be getting it. I used to write down my dreams, but stopped - they never seems relevant.

I truly wish my purpose would show up in my life and I could jump into it - with everything I had!

Does anyone feel like they are completely on the path and purpose of why are are here, in life?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think dreams help nudge us to show us, there is way more to us then just day to day life and then death in the end. I believe in reincarnation so I would believe that its possible we are sometimes remembering things that are a part of our mind complex. I think the purpose here to create a humbled perception that we and the Universe are one on a higher scale and this wisdom connects us to a higher self...some call that angels, god, a prime self existing in a parallel dimension. Your higher self could be nudging you a little to seek out certain information for understanding.

I believe our higher purpose as a species is to be caretakers of the Earth (or any sphere for that matter) in a United Way. Ya know how people always say, 'do something you will be remembered by' or 'leave footsteps worth following'....what if we are supposed to be accomplishing that on a global scale as being a part of this Universe that wombs us, whom we are a part of.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think the majority of people that are here feeling like they are here 'awaiting' something are possibly souls that 'chose to come back' to aid others in a more humble perspective on one's place in the ALL. Some come as lights unto the darkened souls to be a beacon unto them.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I struggled with this notion as well. I knew there was something big i was supposed to be doing but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I recently discovered what it was and this quote by Eckhart Tolle really sums it up.

"Not what you do, but how you do what you do determines whether you are fulfilling your destiny. And how you do what you do is determined by your state of consciousness."

Be present in the moment as much as you can and your destiny will unfold right in front of you. Amazing things have started happening to me and I can tell you in words how much this can do for you.

Its easy start right now. Put your awareness on the breath and try feeling the body. Let the peace into every cell of your body and try living your everyday life like this. You will not be seeking anything anymore because you will find that everything you need is inside of you. Then peace and awareness start manifesting all around you in your life.

The outside it just a reflection of your state of mind.

If you have any questions or want to know more, check out the NOW thread below.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I can tell you that I do Love what I'm doing now. Here I'm a regular Care Bear and sometimes people will ask me "Why are you so Chipper Today?".. They can tell that I'm happy even when I don't see myself that way...

but Still There is a feeling equivalent to leaving the Front Door open and No One's home.. Did I leave something behind? Was it big or small? Am I supposed to go back and correct a problem?

I get no answer.. a brick wall is staring me in the face. I don't know what's behind it or how to knock it down.. No answers..

so

Thanks Everyone, I must keep looking for sledgehammers

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Funny, I feel there is something I am supposed to be doing right now and have felt that for a few years now. I still have never been able to grasp what it is exactly.

I still don't know what my purpose is, no matter how much I try to concentrate and ask to be led to doing my highest and best right now. I just don't seem to be getting it. I used to write down my dreams, but stopped - they never seems relevant.

I truly wish my purpose would show up in my life and I could jump into it - with everything I had!

Does anyone feel like they are completely on the path and purpose of why are are here, in life?

Originally posted by OrangeJuice
but Still There is a feeling equivalent to leaving the Front Door open and No One's home.. Did I leave something behind? Was it big or small? Am I supposed to go back and correct a problem?

I get no answer.. a brick wall is staring me in the face. I don't know what's behind it or how to knock it down.. No answers..

so

Thanks Everyone, I must keep looking for sledgehammers

Apparently it's bigger than I previously thought.

Anyway, you are different from the rest, because you actually talk about it in the open. People usually don't do that, they think about it but they don't speak it. You don't need to worry and you don't need a sledgehammer, I know exactly how you feel, let's just say things will progress naturally (unless you're super stuck). Everyone names his/her own time, walks his/her own path, but you're not alone.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

You know Jazz,

I'm very puzzled as to why my own mind Plays the Game of Hard to get.

I'm told what's good for my diet, who's out to get me, or a lost phrase
that I've searched for magically appears the next day, but nothing for this energy driven tugging feeling (if I can call it that)

Something's missing now and it's a bit annoying to not know what it is.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I know how it feels when you feel like you're missing something or stuck and cannot figure out what it is. That inner drive indeed can frustrate you. The answer usually comes from both inside and outside of you, not just inside or not just outside.

As why your own mind plays hard to get game, I think it has something to do with a great desire of yours. Such desire could play havoc with your mind, it creates mental block. It's like when you really like a guy or a girl, your brain turns into mush, you're awkward and you're afraid you'll do silly things.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
hi there S & F for writing a post that many of us can relate too!!

I am almost 30yrs old and since I was in my late teens I have felt that I have a greater purpose.

I still dont know what it is yet, at all.

BUt i can tell you one very cool thing. The other day i sat down and thought about things.

since i was young I always used to lie in bed at night and wish strong for certain things.

anyway.. years and years haver past and the other day I realised that every single thing i have ever wished hard for, i have!!!

it only took me over 10 yrs to realise this!!! when i actually realised it , it gave me a great feeling. A feeling of being very special and that our wishes are unstoppable.

so i made a couple more new wishes and we shall see what happens!!!

Maybe if you wish for your path to be revealed to you it will come true. just when you least expect it, or maybe some day when you have forgotten you even wished it!!!

G

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have felt for quite some time that my purpose will be revealed when the time comes. this could be fantasy but I feel fairly strongly about it. I've had broken visions of societal collapse including a recurring dream/nightmare. Which are things I have never shared with anyone.

I feel we are near the edge and will soon be nudged into an abyss. Many will sense it just before hand and will awaken to some degree, and those who do will be called upon to guide the rest or to offer some light in darkness.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Like many others I have pondered this as well. What is my purpose? Why am I alive at all? There must be a purpose or meaning to my life.

I finally decided if I can touch just one person that would be enough. Something said, an action, anything could be meaningful to someone. We never know what action we may take or fail to take or how what we may say or fail to say will affect another.

I would say be conscious of your speech and actions for if no one else is watching...you are and it may be that your thoughts and actions are meant to produce a better you.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
One has to discover ones pupose however the problem is that this world does not really facilitate that element of self discover, it's within us but one has to shine brightly and be in touch with the inner self for it to be revealed.

In many respects you actions in this life may well determine your purpose in the next. I believe many are here to try and save the human race a very nobel cause indeed. Perhaps some are here to experience hardship and by contrast make the return to grace and the light that much more appreciative. Maybe some are here because they are full of hatred or need mending. Maybe some of us are guardians in the flesh and here to protect and love those we have been observing from affar.

The list goes on. This much is clear, be true to yourself and others around you, love and be loved in return and finaly impart your wisdom wisely.

top topics

join